PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

l'etoile
11-26-2011, 05:32 PM
But to sweep all doom and gloom aside it's really great seeing V&M skating and enjoying it and Tessa painfree and I really hope they continue beyond this season because I really believe we are watching one of the great teams in ice dance history and I want to see them develop artistically next season and beyond! I don't feel they have reached their peak or their cycle has come to an end.

second that!

marbri
11-26-2011, 05:34 PM
V&M need a new a free dance its loud and clear they are not beating Davis and white with funny face.

When has it ever benefitted an ice dance team to switch programs mid season?

IoanaC
11-26-2011, 05:37 PM
But to sweep all doom and gloom aside it's really great seeing V&M skating and enjoying it and Tessa painfree and I really hope they continue beyond this season because I really believe we are watching one of the great teams in ice dance history and I want to see them develop artistically next season and beyond! I don't feel they have reached their peak or their cycle has come to an end.

It's my greatest desire as well. Hopefully they still find themselves motivated to continue.

sliver98
11-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Zueva did a new free dance for D&W in a month she can do the same thing for Tessa and Scott i just wish Shpilband was honest and tell tessa and scott that he`s throwing all his weight behind davis and white so V&M can move on they don`t deserve as olympic champs to play second fiddle.

marbri
11-26-2011, 05:47 PM
With her recent history with the injuries I have no doubts they could whip something else together after GPF but I can't imagine how that conversation goes down. How do you go to your coaches and say we need something better to beat our main rivals when they are also coaching their main rivals? It's something Skate Canada has to help them with *if* they even feel the need.

I also wonder what the point would be? Regardless of what they come up with there isn't a lot of room to squeeze in above. Marina was dead on when she picked that music for D&W, watch the program with the sound muted and see how important that particular music is.

I think they just need to ride the wave to the end, see what they can add and what they can improve to try and change minds.:D

nlyoung
11-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Ice is slippery, as they say, so no telling what will happen in Sochi, let alone Worlds. Let's wait and see what happens with head to head skating, and then we can discuss...

HSGP21
11-26-2011, 05:51 PM
When has it ever benefitted an ice dance team to switch programs mid season?

Ironically, Funny Face reminds me a bit of Belbin and Agosto's "That's Entertainment".... you think Shp/Zue would have learned from their previous mistake

mia joy
11-26-2011, 05:52 PM
People, they're not gonna change their FD. It's been Tessa's dream to skate to it and it clearly makes her happy, so I really don't see them ditch it for fear they might loose to Meryl and Charlie. What they probably will do is some changes to the dance, but I'm pretty sure they'll keep it.

And please, drop all the conspirational theories that D/W are now gonna be overscored and inflated and win over V/M all the time. They got relatively low scores for their SD, they lost the SD last worlds as well, so I really don't get the point here.

marbri
11-26-2011, 05:57 PM
I don't get the point of you posting that here :P

Golightly
11-26-2011, 05:59 PM
You watch both programs with muted sound and the difference really is huge. Virtue and Moir's is structured, smooth, and flows beautifully. Davis and White's doesn't pass the test. But, you know, this is mainly a way to prove that we have one team with superior skills skating to very, very tricky music and another that clearly needs the music.

Still, make no mistake, this is ice dance and music IS key (pun intended). And Virtue and Moir had a huge say in picking it. They have great choreography and they are pretty much demonstrating they can skate to anything, which I appreciate. I wouldn't be so quick to say they are doomed, I'd rather wait and see what happens.

pani
11-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Ice is slippery, as they say, so no telling what will happen in Sochi, let alone Worlds. Let's wait and see what happens with head to head skating, and then we can discuss...

Sorry, but it il be too late, sorry.
Honestly, it was understanding after last year WCh - judges and Zueva dont care about programs, she need USA team be on top. And its only chance at any competition for USA to get any kind of medal in FS.
And only chance for V-M was to change coaches.
Could you imaging V-M compete against D-W with "Malade"? Could you imaging how they could skate this with there skating skils? And even if at first judges didnt like V-M FD, but this could be different style and they have more chances to get this title.

Its good point, but it will be hard for them. One very good ice dance team didnt skate at WCh in Nice in 2000. So i think now V-M need to think about what they want, because they see now - isweet Zueva style didnt work anymore against D-W. So if they want help D-W and get another medal in Sichi, but not gold - its OK. But if they wish more - they need risk and need change there lifes, IMHO. Even if Zueva will work against them, like this was with B-A, they could tell - we did all, what we can, we try all styles, we worked with different choreograhfers.

marbri
11-26-2011, 06:08 PM
You watch both programs with muted sound and the difference really is huge. Virtue and Moir's is structured, smooth, and flows beautifully. Davis and White's doesn't pass the test. But, you know, this is mainly a way to prove that we have one team with superior skills skating to very, very tricky music and another that clearly needs the music.

Still, make no mistake, this is ice dance and music IS key (pun intended). And Virtue and Moir had a huge say in picking it. They have great choreography and they are pretty much demonstrating they can skate to anything, which I appreciate. I wouldn't be so quick to say they are doomed, I'd rather wait and see what happens.

Absolutely agree, music IS key. I've watched all the top teams muted this season and found it very interesting how my perception changes of the choreography and skating without the music and whether you can pick out the theme or "hear" the music through their interpretation and movement on the ice. It also helped me really appreciate what a team was doing if I wasn't really fond of the music choice (eg. P&B and V&M).

aftershocks
11-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Obviously there is much V/M love here as it should be, but why not remain reasonable and realistic? Seriously, not much separates V/M and D/W. Accept the fact that D/W are too good and too talented to have settled for second fiddle for the rest of their careers. Both teams know just how good they each are and they continually push each other to new heights. That is what should be celebrated.

Why are you guys such poor sports and whiners -- V/M have their Olympic gold medal and are still hungry and have come back to skate, so you should be happy they are still competing. V/M have wonderful programs this season and don't need to scrap either program. Really poor of you to continually criticize D/W for having worked hard to try and edge V/M. You can still love and enjoy V/M without spewing venom in the D/W thread.

Some of you even suggest that V/M should leave their coaches?!! Why would they do that, when they have become winners with Z/S? The amazing thing is the balancing act that Z/S have been able to maintain coaching such excellent teams/ direct competitors to great victories. Enjoy the excitement, energy and competitiveness of the ice dance field. Stop for a moment and smell the flowers, and stop whining.

Now, in the men's division, Chanflation is definitely something to whine about. Still I don't let that stop me from appreciating the depth of talent and the wonderful performances of many of the men this season, especially Dai, Jeremy, and Javier. Chan is a great skater too, and all the men have weaknesses to improve upon. The main problems are the "coddling" Chan receives and the crazy IJS scoring.

And please don't claim that D/W are "coddled." There is absolutely no comparison between Chan and D/W. Meryl and Charlie always maintain an amazing level of consistency and excellence in their performances. The same truly can not be said about Chan, especially during the GP season.

bbkenn
11-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Why are you guys such poor sports and whiners -- V/M have their Olympic gold medal and are still hungry and have come back to skate, so you should be happy they are still competing. V/M have wonderful programs this season and don't need to scrap either program. Really poor of you to continually criticize D/W for having worked hard to try and edge V/M. You can still love and enjoy V/M without spewing venom in the D/W thread.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl:

marbri
11-26-2011, 06:20 PM
My god you are a nuisance. And I think everyone and their dog know how you feel about Chan. Sod off:rolleyes:

And a plea to pani and silver98, stay out of the D&W thread so people like aftershocks don't feel the need to come in here and vomit all over the page :D