PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

sliver98
11-26-2011, 03:37 AM
Mabri you know lissa and I are both right ;)

marbri
11-26-2011, 03:38 AM
I know you're nuts ;)

sliver98
11-26-2011, 03:47 AM
This reminds me of when the Sport pushed the average Sale and Pelletier to give competition to B&S who were superior in every aspect. Lol it would be too funny if a north american scandal happenned in ice dance at the olympics in Russia of all places:lol:

pani
11-26-2011, 09:42 AM
I want explane my point one more time :D Even if this was V-M, i will have question about this marks.
I think couple couldnt have 10 for any component score with not ideal skating.
Then i dont think team could have even 9.5 for perfomance with mistake, wich Charlie did. (for me even 9 is maybe too much). Sorry, but even Chan didnt have 10th with falls ;)
The same thing with transitions.
And i muct say i feel sorry they skated so bad, because i wish to compare there score with V-M in Paris.
And Charile need a little time to came back into program. but yes - this wasnt so dramatick, but for me reflected on all first part of SD.
As for pattern dance - Doris, look please on Meryls edges, she change edges all the time and jump on steps. And they was out of synchro this time.
But i am sure they work most part on FD before CoR and will show there best today. So even with good skating they will have 110 :D

Carmen Ovsiannikov
11-26-2011, 09:52 AM
It still blows my mind watching D&W & thinking how close they are marked to V&M:confused:

There is no comparison in them imo, V&M are clearly the better skaters & all around better ice dancers, their transitions & flow & overall skating quality & performance are all on another level to D&W.

....... just wish the judges would stop playing this game of who is better we can't tell......:rolleyes: I can tell & even though I like D&W & think they are lovely skaters they are NOT near V&M in their abilities.

Sad that the sport has raised them up to give V&M some competition cause they know if they don't V&M would be without any competition kind of like Torvill & Dean were & that is what should be happening with V&M too.

ITA. I can understand that these two teams have to be well ahead of the rest because their elements are so strong, but if they should have a 10 point lead over everyone else, then V&M should also have a 5 point buffer ahead of D&W, to account for things like polish, line, and interpretation.

Thank you and ITA.

It is funny to listen to the commentators continuously telling the viewers what an exciting time for NA teams with the top two being equals. How ever will the judges decide? Apparently, the only difference is which program one likes better.

Meanwhile like Lissa and Cherub, I'm seeing a clear difference, especially this season with Tessa back at (or at least near) 100%. The only areas in which D&W are equal to V&M would be in their speed and the difficulty in their programs. I also notice that D&W don't get hit as hard as the other teams when they make mistakes. Even V&M get penalized appropriately when they are off.

sliver, I don't think that particular scandal would ever materialize. Judging irregularities don't seem to bother some as long as a NA team benefits from the panel turning a blind eye. Or perhaps I should say an American team; even V&M have been accused of being held up.

aftershocks
11-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Give it up guys. Meryl and Charlie are just as good or better than V/M. The two teams have no problem understanding this. Nor do they have a problem training together and sharing the same coaches.

More importantly, Meryl and Charlie kept working hard after the 2010 Olympics where for God's sakes, they absolutely deserved to score in first with their gorgeous and beautifully skated original dance! They didn't let second place in the OD and second place overall allow them to give up trying to be on top. Don't hate them and dis them for their talent and determination.

V/M deserve credit too for remaining hungry and continuing to work hard. I love V/M's different look in their SD continuing from the program they debuted at Worlds 2011.

pani
11-26-2011, 10:03 AM
aftershocks, i dont think, when i cant understand, how D-W could have 10th with bad skating, this mean i hate them :)
I overall dislike so many tens for both D-W and V-M, because they are not ideal. But if judges will give them 10th maybe ISU start thinking about changing rules, wich could be not so good for both teams.

When ubers talking about D-W and V-M are equall or some of the team are better, i could understand. But i cant understand judges. They have explanantion of any mark in component score, but when i saw marks i alwayse think - maybe this judge is an uber of one of the team :)
And maybe judges must see this different in close positions, synchro, clean edges, more difficult body positions.

clarie
11-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Well, there's no arguing with marks (or maybe there is).....it looks as though Meryl and Charlie are the 2012 World Champs according to the judging this year.

pani
11-26-2011, 05:00 PM
So D-W 109.12, all components near to 10. So i haveone question - what we will see at WCh? I mean there score. Or ISU want to change 10th on 20th next season? ;)
Maybe someone will ask at press-conferentce why D-W have so many points and maybe all other need to retier? Maybe they help to Tessa Scott made decigion?
Its will be sad, if such team, like V-M never will win GPF.

walei
11-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Like I said last year after the 4CC when V/M won the SD with lower PCS than D/W with a botched twizzle, D/W has a one mistake advantage over V/M.

Say whatever you want with the different competition with different panels, but D/W has scored higher PCS consistently over V/M even with a less than stellar SD at CoR and get 10s.

Only thing V/M can hope for now is a freak fall by D/W, or ISU realizes Ice Dance is not going to be a compelling event all the way to Sochi and start adjusting their score bias collectively. As of right now, ISU thinks D/W are clearly far superior to V/M.

marbri
11-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Hmmm, had a bad feeling the moment the music was changed to Die Fledermaus V&M were in trouble. The music carries them, the crowd and clearly the judges. Not a lot of time to switch things up before GPF and not a lot of space for V&M to slot in above them down the road.

IoanaC
11-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Only thing V/M can hope for now is a freak fall by D/W, or ISU realizes Ice Dance is not going to be a compelling event all the way to Sochi and start adjusting their score bias collectively. As of right now, ISU thinks D/W are clearly far superior to V/M.

I agree. The message is loud and clear. Sad state of affairs...

pani
11-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Hmmm, had a bad feeling the moment the music was changed to Die Fledermaus V&M were in trouble. The music carries them, the crowd and clearly the judges. Not a lot of time to switch things up before GPF and not a lot of space for V&M to slot in above them down the road.

Honestly, i think any change will not be good, because they didnt have a lot of time. And switching FD now could be good for Tessa and Scott.
And udging is visially unfair - a lot off people at CoR said D-W was very bad in SD, but look at there score. So judges tell us who will have gold in Sochi.
But honestly in Russia V-M could have better support, but Zueva didnt let them go to Russia, because she want to show in Moscow new OGM to Russian one more time ;)

I agree. The message is loud and clear. Sad state of affairs...
The worst thing - this unfair competition. If it will be fair, Tessa-Scott could have a chance to win with cleaner perfomance. But now...
Maybe judges, coaches want to tell V-M - your time is over? Why did you try to do this again?
And SC always have Patrick.

Like i said, when we had neews aout music - or wil over D-W, V-M need something more adult, wth inside drama, with boy moves, like Savchenko LP is.

marbri
11-26-2011, 05:27 PM
But to sweep all doom and gloom aside it's really great seeing V&M skating and enjoying it and Tessa painfree and I really hope they continue beyond this season because I really believe we are watching one of the great teams in ice dance history and I want to see them develop artistically next season and beyond! I don't feel they have reached their peak or their cycle has come to an end.

sliver98
11-26-2011, 05:31 PM
V&M need a new a free dance its loud and clear they are not beating Davis and white with funny face.