PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

DORISPULASKI
11-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Well, pani, you have to compare them to what the judges saw of previous competitors. Before Tessa & Scott at SC, they saw C&L and P&B, who skated great. Before Meryl & Charlie at COR, they saw Bobbleerova & SoSlowviev, who are IMO, pretty bad, and Weaver and Poje who this competition blew their 2nd rhumba sequence. So with a stumble, in that competition, the judges may have wanted to maintain the spacing.

You really can't compare scores competition to competition.

pani
11-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Well, pani, you have to compare them to what the judges saw of previous competitors. Before Tessa & Scott at SC, they saw C&L and P&B, who skated great. Before Meryl & Charlie at COR, they saw Bobbleerova & SoSlowviev, who are IMO, pretty bad, and Weaver and Poje who this competition blew their 2nd rhumba sequence. So with a stumble, in that competition, the judges may have wanted to maintain the spacing.

You really can't compare scores competition to competition.

Doris, when new system was made the main point was - we didnt compare skaters with each other, but we give them marks for there skating.
So my point in this case only about Performance/Execution mark compare to other marks.
And honestky, i dont think B-S are bad. He had big mistake on twizzles, but they have good speed, power, like a lot of russian teams have in past.
And overall qualityt of Performance/Execution from W-P was good to me.

Emdee
11-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Totally agree with you Pani.

I think WP P&E should have been higher and D & W lower.

I hope the teams are judged on how they perform in the Wch and GPF.

DORISPULASKI
11-25-2011, 08:09 PM
pani, yes, that was the intention, but I haven't seen it working out. It is sobering to think that the last place team C/J won the bronze in China, though.

pani
11-25-2011, 09:19 PM
pani, yes, that was the intention, but I haven't seen it working out. It is sobering to think that the last place team C/J won the bronze in China, though.

But even if judges compare D-W with B-S and W-P, why they didnt give lower mark for not clean skating?
Doris, could you explane me - how this mistake from Charlie, Meryks mistake on twizzles and not good pattern reflected oin there score? Or how this Charlie mistale reflected on there score?

DORISPULASKI
11-26-2011, 12:03 AM
As to the twizzles, yes, whatever problem there was is reflected on the protocols. They usually get 2's and some 3's on twizzles; only got 0's, 1's and a couple 2's. I was watching on a tiny screen and didn't see the exact problem you're referring to, but apparently the judges took account.

I don't know what you're on about 'not good pattern', but I wasn't in the rink either, which is where I'd have to be to comment and feel sure I was correct. However, I see that they got Level 3 on both and about the same GOE on the two pattern segments, so I don't see a lot of evidence of judge unhappiness. Maybe more judges preferred the 2nd segment to the first, but not by much. (6.79 vs 6.71) . They failed to get the point for the ladies steps; probably step 12, same as Tessa & Scott. I think S&Z should get Judy Blumberg out to work with both teams on that part of the rhumba.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2011/gprus2011_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

A stumble (which is not a fall) on a transition ought to affect a team's linking steps PCS mark and their skating skills mark. And if you look at the protocols, D&W's SS & linking PCS are lower than their timing/interp, choreo & performance marks. Which is what I would expect to see-it looks like the judges did take some note.

OTOH, what we are supposed to be talking about in this thread is Tessa & Scott I think?

And the one point I'd take away is that S&Z have the 2 best teams in the world not getting 4's reliably on their rhumba.

Bring on Judy!

marbri
11-26-2011, 12:45 AM
I don't think Judy Blumberg is who should be helping them with the CD. Somebody else maybe but not her.

Lissa
11-26-2011, 03:07 AM
With fall D-W had higher components score, them V-M - amazing.
And what a bad pattern dance they skate today :rolleyes:
So if they will skate not graete, but good, they will have 80 points?

Wait D&W fell & got higher marks than V&M?? that cannot be accurate omg:confused::rolleyes:

Proustable
11-26-2011, 03:13 AM
Wait D&W fell & got higher marks than V&M?? that cannot be accurate omg:confused::rolleyes:

sigh.

He did not fall.

Lissa
11-26-2011, 03:18 AM
It still blows my mind watching D&W & thinking how close they are marked to V&M:confused:

There is no comparison in them imo, V&M are clearly the better skaters & all around better ice dancers, their transitions & flow & overall skating quality & performance are all on another level to D&W.

Everyone knows if V&M had been top of their game last year they would have taken the Worlds again, no way they were going to be given it after being out all season so D&W won by default, just wish the judges would stop playing this game of who is better we can't tell......:rolleyes: I can tell & even though I like D&W & think they are lovely skaters they are NOT near V&M in their abilities.

Sad that the sport has raised them up to give V&M some competition cause they know if they don't V&M would be without any competition kind of like Torvill & Dean were & that is what should be happening with V&M too.

Proustable
11-26-2011, 03:19 AM
I don't agree, but I'm also not interested in debating that in this thread. I prefer V/M by miles, though.

Lissa
11-26-2011, 03:20 AM
sigh.

He did not fall.

Oops ok stumble or trip whatever, if was still a mistake & they were not marked down for it? :rolleyes: such a joke..

sliver98
11-26-2011, 03:25 AM
especially since V&M got a timing deduction on a lift last week even if it was not a visible error, and here you have a guy falling all over the ice then takes all the time in the world to get back to his partner and its not marked down. Gotta be discouraging for the other skaters.

Cherub721
11-26-2011, 03:26 AM
It still blows my mind watching D&W & thinking how close they are marked to V&M:confused:

There is no comparison in them imo, V&M are clearly the better skaters & all around better ice dancers, their transitions & flow & overall skating quality & performance are all on another level to D&W.

ITA. I can understand that these two teams have to be well ahead of the rest because their elements are so strong, but if they should have a 10 point lead over everyone else, then V&M should also have a 5 point buffer ahead of D&W, to account for things like polish, line, and interpretation.

Sad that the sport has raised them up to give V&M some competition cause they know if they don't V&M would be without any competition kind of like Torvill & Dean were & that is what should be happening with V&M too.

D&W have benefited tremendously from coming into seniors at the same time as V&M. Except for 2008, they have always been within one place of each at Worlds. The judges have basically treated them as equals, whichever one skates cleaner on the day getting it. I've always wondered if D&W would have been able to break through to the top alone without having V&M there. V&M kind of bridged the gap from junior to seniors so effortlessly because they had that CoP technique but combined it with classic 6.0 skating qualities that the European judges appreciate. They made it acceptable to be a young NA team at the top. Not sure if D&W or the Shibs could have done that on their own, or if they would have ended up like B&A, always the bridesmaid to a European team (or D&L) with better legline and cleaner positions.

especially since V&M got a timing deduction on a lift last week even if it was not a visible error, and here you have a guy falling all over the ice then takes all the time in the world to get back to his partner and its not marked down. Gotta be discouraging for the other skaters.

They were overscored but it wasn't THAT dramatic. :rofl:

marbri
11-26-2011, 03:31 AM
All I want to know is between sliver98 and Lissa which one was clutching their pearls and which ones eyes were bulging when you wrote those posts ;)