PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

pani
11-22-2011, 09:15 AM
As for Mahler. I know people, who after saw this FD first time at TEB, said- they will be OGM.
But i didnt like Mahler at TEB, but at SC it was something speciall. But then - nothing really speciall at GPF and Nationals :D

With "Funny Face" - i like first outing in Finland in traning outfit. I really love it at SC. But nothing speciall at TEB. So -i still hope iwill love this FD in Nice ;)
And on funny note. I re-watched FD fron TEB without music and o love that perfomance :lol: How fast they was in some parts :D

Emdee
11-22-2011, 10:29 AM
The experts were Tracy Wilson and Kurt Browning.

Of course , who knows.
But predictions and hopes are both possible.

pani
11-22-2011, 10:33 AM
The experts were Tracy Wilson and Kurt Browning.

Of course , who knows.
But predictions and hopes are both possible.

Kurt always support Tessa and Scott :)
What did they say about P-B? I am sure they love D-W, but what about Natalie and Fabien?

Emdee
11-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Sorry I dont recall what they said about P&B.

clarie
11-22-2011, 12:46 PM
I can't remember what they said, but they were very complimentary to P&B

pani
11-22-2011, 12:54 PM

Thanks :) Thats why i love canadian commentators - cant remember they said something bad about any skater.
I think P-B was very strong and will fight this season for gold at ECh and good medak at WCh. Very interesting to see there rivals with B-S at ECh.

flowerpower
11-22-2011, 01:02 PM
I think I heard Tracy Wilson say that on CBC on Sunday... she's an expert, but she is biased.

Tracy works both in the US and Canada, and she tries to be quite even-handed, pointing out the merits of each skater or team. She's one of the most neutral commentators out there, I think.

marbri
11-22-2011, 04:23 PM

They had good things to say about the top four ( I don't know if the first four teams were shown, only got the broadcast when I&K were about to start). They were VERY complimentary to Nikita which I thought was :lol: not because I don't think he's a great skater but because I had just read in the I&K thread people saying he was not good enough for Elena and she should dump him and my impression was they felt he was the stronger partner.

puglover
11-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Tracy and Kurt were very complimentary about P&B. They said they are fabulous skaters with fine skating skills. They thought they really brought it at home. They said their feet were like lightening at the end with no delays and Kurt said he found B stronger in general - not then just SA. They said they seemed competition ready and thought the character piece worked for them, was fun and Kurt said - Why not have fun? I am not sure where the iconic comments come from about V&M - Tracy said she thought that FunnyFace would stand the test of time and could be one of their signature pieces. She also said she felt the marking in dance was lower/stricter across the board for all the dancers.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
11-23-2011, 01:37 AM
V/M's talent and excellence cannot be denied IMO whether one lives in Europe or North America. I am European by the way and I still think Tessa and Scott are amazing dancers and in a class of their own.:)

Agreed.

Experts seem to think that by the end of the season the program will become a masterpiece that will be iconic. I really feel that way about both UofC and Mahler. Watching the early performances there was a hint of greatness but in the World/Olys respectively you see the program at its best.

Lets hope so.

I got the same vibe watching Bompard over the weekend. I feel that Funny Face is on track to be even better than UofC and even Mahler. Watching V&M made me wish that we were still using the 6.0 marking system as by the end of the season if skated well this FD may/will be a program that I can see bringing the house down and would have garnered at least a 6.0 or two. I got the same feeling watching V&T skate their LP.

bbkenn
11-23-2011, 02:27 AM
With "Funny Face" - i like first outing in Finland in traning outfit. I really love it at SC. But nothing speciall at TEB. So -i still hope iwill love this FD in Nice ;)
And on funny note. I re-watched FD fron TEB without music and o love that perfomance :lol: How fast they was in some parts :D

For me it was the opposite, TEB was my favorite version. I think they were faster, smoother and had added all kinds of little touches to the music. I totally LOVE this FD.

sliver98
11-23-2011, 02:58 AM
Agree Bbken Tracy commented on CBC that it was a work of art, you are so caught up in the skating that you forget all the technical stuff and the technical content is packed. There are doubters of course who don`t think it will be enough to win worlds, i remind myself those are the same people who said two years ago the same thing about Mahler that it was slow and boring, and not enough for olympic gold they will be dead wrong again in march.

pani
11-23-2011, 12:34 PM
For me it was the opposite, TEB was my favorite version. I think they were faster, smoother and had added all kinds of little touches to the music. I totally LOVE this FD.

I agree about speed. And i notice how good speed was even in practice video -and it was funny to watch T-S did footwork, then operator show to us I0K doing there footwork - V-M look at that video so much faster.

And honestly, i cant understand all that questions about V-M marks. I know people, who dont like them and saw first time in Moscow "life" and they said - wow, they skate SO close together and there skating, knees is so soft.
And we all know, V-M never were "everyone cup of tea". Maybe thats why i like them - they have something speciall. And "Funny Face" is a great job, becaus even if i dont like this kind of music, its very inettersting to me watch this dance from the begining to the end.

MarieM
11-23-2011, 01:06 PM
pani, actually I&K were at least as fast as V&M at TEB, even faster I dare say. Of course, they were not doing the elements cleanly, so who cares.

pani
11-23-2011, 01:10 PM
pani, actually I&K were at least as fast as V&M at TEB, even faster I dare say. Of course, they were not doing the elements cleanly, so who cares.

I am not talking about FD and SD - Lena and Nikita is always fast. But at practiece maybe they try to show cleaner skating, so didnt skate that FW so fast?
And when I-K in FD all dance skating separate from each other or in hand-in -hand position, where they could lose there speed? ;)

So V-M wasnt fast in Paris, Marie? And programs was very bad?