PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

Bournekraatzfan
11-21-2011, 12:11 AM
When i watch on Scott in SD at TEB, i see some ironic moves from him - smile, kiss his fingers something like this. I think he feel more relax, when he noake latin moves too serios.
I dont know about dress. This dress look very expensive. What color could she used? She used pink 100 times before.
And sorry for my post. I understand we have different opinions, but i dont think someone talk truth when said Tessa didnt look like sexy women. So if you all think so - i am wrong.

I know what you mean...I read someone saying that Tessa's expression was juniorish--now, I know we are all going to see different things when we watch any skating program, but I thought that was really unfair. Show me a junior who can move like that, who uses their entire body to convey the emotions of a program. I think this might have to do with the popular notion that all Latin dances can only be overtly sexual, but the history of Latin dances tells us that they are about a whole lot more. and sexuality is a part of this, but is itself so complex. these dances were invented by slaves who were resisting their captors...that is why the hip movement is so important. consequently, these dances convey passion, joy, love, etc. and this can be accomplished in many different ways. While I would like to see this program tweaked a bit, I still enjoy watching it because I think they really communicate these things and make me want to dance.

I think in general it has been difficult to really work that hip movement and the shifting of weight into the footwork because of the requirements for achieving the levels. I think rhumba works best on ice because it is a more natural way of moving, and works best for teams with sweeping edges and beautiful lines like Tessa and Scott.

Rafter
11-21-2011, 12:33 AM
It'll be interesting to see what she comes up with for a new FD dress. I really like the red dress. Because it is more fitted to the body it really shows off their lines and how close together they skate.

Bournekraatzfan
11-21-2011, 12:44 AM
I would like to add that for me they souldn't add transitions to the last part, because simplicity is exactly what this part need to have... the music is already so intense. on the contrary, the finale is my favorite part since Finlandia because it's simple. One of the reasons I don't like COP is that it pushes the skaters to throw in too many transitions. If they're frantic or done without soul, they look redundant and mechanical. I think they perfectly followed the spirit of a love story. You don't jump around wildly when you tell your love to someone, right? ((:
So Marina Zueva is right in not making other changes.
Quality is more important than quantity, and TS's quality, ladies and gentlemen.... 'ssss paradise ((:

This is an excellent point. As others have pointed out, V&M make the difficult look easy thus obscuring the difficult transitions and the amount of one-foot skating. I especially love the choreography as the 'S'Wonderful, S'Marvelous' lyrics begin...just gorgeous and they really make it look so easy.

Bournekraatzfan
11-21-2011, 12:45 AM
Here is the Eurosport version of V&M's FD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXuUlaXXsl0&feature=related

iggie
11-21-2011, 12:59 AM
This is an excellent point. As others have pointed out, V&M make the difficult look easy thus obscuring the difficult transitions and the amount of one-foot skating. I especially love the choreography as the 'S'Wonderful, S'Marvelous' lyrics begin...just gorgeous and they really make it look so easy.

i love that part too.

Bournekraatzfan
11-21-2011, 01:06 AM
This was an exciting event and I really enjoyed watching all of the teams I saw (I&K, C&B, and the medalists). I am so glad to see P&B skate so well--I didn't much care for their FD at SA but it is really growing on me ( I really like them--I am just not crazy about the program itself).
I like how different all the FDs are from each other; each team showed us something different. Congratulations to all of the skaters! This is going to be an amazing GPF dance event!

Rafter
11-21-2011, 01:15 AM
P&Bs free dance really impressed me too. I didn't like it at SA but thought it looked great at TEB. They are really good at doing those sharp isolation moves. I think other than V&M, they have the best free leg unison and extension.

Hope they can get a medal at worlds. It'll be exciting to watch them skate this FD at a home Worlds.

Wyliefan
11-21-2011, 01:27 AM
How so?

Think about it.

sequins
11-21-2011, 01:41 AM
P-B was at SA so maybe thats why hate this program at SC :)
As for crowd. Did you saw how people support them in Finland with this FD? So i think at WCh will be a lot off people from different countries and especially fans from Asia (i love them) so i think all skaters will have more support from fans in Nice (again - i hope this will be). I was at WCh in Torino and it was amaqzing crowd from Europe :)
Yes, maybe P-B and D-W programs look more crowd pleasent, but V-M is V-M - they need to show they are best only then they could win gold.

Sorry SA. I certainly don't think the crowd won't support them and I don't for a minute think D/W & P/B are more crowd pleasing. My point is that P/B will obviously be the home crowd faves and they will obviously be well received and sometimes if you follow that performance it can suck the air/enthusiasm out of the building which I thought it did a tiny bit today. Still they are amazing and as long as the judges see it who cares.

Proustable
11-21-2011, 02:33 AM
Think about it.

I've actually never seen MSNBC (Canadian, don't get that channel) so you'll have to help me out here (though you've probably already ascertained my political leanings, I'll give you that)

Anyway, my initial reaction to the quoted comment was: "which experts? Why don't you just state your opinion without trying to make it sound more objective." I've seen Fox News enough times to fear the "some people" syndrome.

.... I'll stop talking now.

Wyliefan
11-21-2011, 02:40 AM
MSNBC has Fox beat by a mile in that department. And now I'll stop as well.

marbri
11-21-2011, 02:43 AM
So to sum up both stations are bad which means the original comparison was valid and this political tug of war unnecessary :P

sequins
11-21-2011, 02:50 AM
MSNBC has Fox beat by a mile in that department. And now I'll stop as well.

Depends which side of the political fence you're on but yes they are pretty equal, and just in case you're interested Canadians can get MSNBC. My mom loves Chris Matthews:confused: therefore she pays to have this channel.:confused: :slinkawayI know.

Wyliefan
11-21-2011, 03:23 AM
So to sum up both stations are bad which means the original comparison was valid and this political tug of war unnecessary :P

I don't think either of us would agree with that. :D

It really boils down to this, at least from my POV: I sometimes get tired of the "[passing gratuitous swipe at conservatives]" that is pretty much a standard part of conversation at FSU. I'm not really blaming anyone for that because it's how the majority here is used to thinking, and they're entitled to their way of thinking, but on occasion I swipe back. End of story.

sequins
11-21-2011, 03:25 AM
Did you saw press-conference?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjR5Ix32Sk&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdxmHDvuR2g&feature=player_embedded

Just watched the second part of the press conference. When they are asking Tessa and Scott about wearing gloves for the program. I had to :lol:when Scott says something like 'I like to feel her bare hands' and Tessa shoots him(or Fabian who seems to be initiating trouble)a little look, and he then says '...on my hands' and slaps hands with Fabian. Such dirty minds,:lol:too funny.