PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

Rafter
11-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Tessa and Scott did a commercial for Toyota: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlFfOXO9sAY I'm not sure what to think of it lol

:lol:

I emailed this to my brother who does the advertising for Toyota in Canada. Told him his Japanese counterparts are getting it right. ;)

But rather pathetic and sad that V&M star in a commercial in Japan and not in Canada. Then again, it seems that Sidney Crosby takes up all the ad space in Canada. :P

pani
11-01-2011, 03:19 PM
:lol:Then again, it seems that Sidney Crosby takes up all the ad space in Canada. :P

He is hot :hat1:
Not usuall we could see skaters in commercials in any country, no?
In Russia after Ice adge we could see only Averbuch, Navka, Slutskay, Kostomarov and Zhulin.

shsocu
11-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Good quality FD video with British Eurosport commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npyEW9aQD74

Who on earth is the second commentator? Clearly a D/W fan! Not that there's anything wrong with that - one thing I appreciate about those guys is that they will actually give a real opinion - but I was a little :confused: at some of his comments. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could comment on the supposed 'open-ness' of the program.

After D/W's FD at Skate America he also said that their dance was open. I guess he wants everyone to be in hold the entire time :lol:

flowerpower
11-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Next they can do a commercial in Finland! ;)

flowerpower
11-01-2011, 06:12 PM
After D/W's FD at Skate America he also said that their dance was open. I guess he wants everyone to be in hold the entire time :lol:

Given his background and the era in which he skated, that would likely be the case.

pani
11-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Next they can do a commercial in Finland! ;)

:D O, yes!

DORISPULASKI
11-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Good quality FD video with British Eurosport commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npyEW9aQD74

Who on earth is the second commentator? Clearly a D/W fan! Not that there's anything wrong with that - one thing I appreciate about those guys is that they will actually give a real opinion - but I was a little :confused: at some of his comments. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could comment on the supposed 'open-ness' of the program.

D&W? No! Nicky is a huge admirer of Anna Capellini!

But it is true that his fondness for closed holds comes from his skating days in the 1980's.

Here's Barber and Slater from 1984, doing a wonderful Chaplin routine in Ottawa at Worlds. It was wonderful and the audience adored it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR6A_uMU0mI

The Accordion
11-01-2011, 10:44 PM
D&W? No! Nicky is a huge admirer of Anna Capellini!

But it is true that his fondness for closed holds comes from his skating days in the 1980's.

Here's Barber and Slater from 1984, doing a wonderful Chaplin routine in Ottawa at Worlds. It was wonderful and the audience adored it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR6A_uMU0mI

OOoo! I was there for that - thanks for the trip down memory lane! My first Worlds that I attended! :)

sequins
11-01-2011, 11:24 PM
First off that commercial is.....:yikes: & :confused: yet :D & :rofl: At first I didn't even think it was really them, it doesn't look like Scott at all especially when he's driving there at the end, smiling:D. It's just a really awkward(is that the word?) commercial yet I find it strangely enjoyable:lol:.

The British commentators negative comments were a little confusing and somewhat amusing especially with the glowing praise from the other guy, then he horns in and throws a bucket of water on the roaring fire. Certainly he doesn't have to love it but as others have said I don't think some of those criticisms were warrented, esp. the step sequence.

Oh and Tessa stick with the red dress or something similar. They did the black tights already and I think the dress suits the music. Again gotta disagree with the British commentator about Scott needing to wear a jacket.

skoppa
11-01-2011, 11:51 PM
But maybe the thing around his throat could be the same color as her dress?

marbri
11-01-2011, 11:56 PM
First off that commercial is.....:yikes: & :confused: yet :D & :rofl: At first I didn't even think it was really them, it doesn't look like Scott at all especially when he's driving there at the end, smiling:D. It's just a really awkward(is that the word?) commercial yet I find it strangely enjoyable:lol:.

The British commentators negative comments were a little confusing and somewhat amusing especially with the glowing praise from the other guy, then he horns in and throws a bucket of water on the roaring fire. Certainly he doesn't have to love it but as others have said I don't think some of those criticisms were warrented, esp. the step sequence.

Oh and Tessa stick with the red dress or something similar. They did the black tights already and I think the dress suits the music. Again gotta disagree with the British commentator about Scott needing to wear a jacket.

There was an article where Scott mentioned that Astaire wore lots of sweaters and jackets in that movie (sweaters at least) and that he wouldn't be doing that because he doesn't like to skate in them. So I don't see much changing with him.

sliver98
11-02-2011, 12:19 AM
BTW french eurosport was also at the competition the male commentator already predicts tessa and scott will be ahead in the SD at worlds over D&W for the FD he said its too soon to tell, while he liked the program he said it felt a little empty in places and that they need to add coreographic touches. He also says that since they have been able to copy the theme of the film they need to get more into the characters especially Scott.

iggie
11-02-2011, 01:07 AM
BTW french eurosport was also at the competition the male commentator already predicts tessa and scott will be ahead in the SD at worlds over D&W for the FD he said its too soon to tell, while he liked the program he said it felt a little empty in places and that they need to add coreographic touches. He also says that since they have been able to copy the theme of the film they need to get more into the characters especially Scott.

that's reasonable. there is room for growth. they haven't maxed out the potential of funny face at skate canada. i like how scott and tessa are going back to a phrase they haven't used since their first season senior: we're trusting our training, our coaches and the process. and according to icenetwork, marina thinks that more can be done with funny face.

marbri
11-02-2011, 01:11 AM
that's reasonable. there is room for growth. they haven't maxed out the potential of funny face at skate canada. i like how scott and tessa are going back to a phrase they haven't used since their first season senior: we're trusting our training, our coaches and the process. and according to icenetwork, marina thinks that more can be done with funny face.

That's good to hear because there are enough "buts" out there that they need to listen and try to address it to have the results they want.

sliver98
11-02-2011, 01:21 AM
The french commentator said they are perfectly capable, i think Scott with the jacket would be better frankly it would convey the theme better.