PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

pani
11-20-2011, 10:04 PM
This last comment is pure politicking IMO. I think it's ridiculous the USFSA published this. My guess is the USFSA is wanting to show that P&B are closer to V&M than V&M are to D&W. :rolleyes:

I agree with this.
When D-W first time show new FD a lot off russian fans talk about V-M will be hard to compete with P-B with this "Funny face" FD. And one poster said - russian will help D-W with gold and then russian team will be on second place at WCh.
But after they saw V-M at SC they said - D-W and V-M will compete all this season for gold.

the russians will say that bobrova and soloviev are closer to D&W
Disagree. Yes, all time before russian all time on TV talk about underscore, low levels ect. But now things change. After CoC russian journalists ask Alexandr Gorshkov - will be now B-S close to V-M? He said- no, they need a lot of work to do to be on this level. So i respect him. Not because he prise V-M, but because he didnt try to made impression (like French FS president) russian skaters much better, then others.

sliver98
11-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Marina said that V&M have more complex and difficult fd than D&W so marina wants tessa and scott to win this year:D

sequins
11-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Just enjoying reading through everyones opinions. My opinions.....first off when you're at the top expect some hate, it usually overshadows the love even though there's usually more of it out there. V/M (and their fans;)) just need thick skin because this ain't gonna get any better before Sochi. I try not to hate back but it can be hard at times because for the most part the criticims are unwarrented. Cudos to D/W and V/M who can seem to overlook it all and remain friends. I think that's just awesome and shows me what great people they are. I hope they never let their 'fans' or critics turn them away from a great relationship because after all of this goes away that will remain and what is more important.

Now SD, yes I hate the SD period but we'll go with what we're given. I still love it but yes the dress needs to be changed and knowing Tessa there's no way that dress is showing up for Worlds. Scott's expressions were almost hilarious at some points, not what you want:lol: SC was much better expression wise,more sensual. Overall the speed seemed great and some parts were better than SC some were not I still love it though and expect greatness to the max by March!

FD I thought was fabulous. I'm really starting to see myself loving this program by seasons end.As good as SC maybe not the emotion of the home crowd and it does make me worry for Worlds being in France. The crowds were good don't get me wrong but maybe it was because the followed P/B which could definitely happen again, it just seemed reserved. Hopefully they'll have a buffer at Worlds and won't have to follow them.

P/B were actually quite good. I hated this program at SC but they did a great job today but unfortunately it does bring back memories of G/P and the only FD they did that I ever liked. i also really like I/K and C/L FD's this year great job by them both today.

sliver98
11-20-2011, 10:20 PM
the french crowd thought the canadian expats duchesnays deserved to beat klimova and ponomarenko`s masterpiece:lol:

pani
11-20-2011, 10:24 PM
P-B was at SA so maybe thats why hate this program at SC :)
As for crowd. Did you saw how people support them in Finland with this FD? So i think at WCh will be a lot off people from different countries and especially fans from Asia (i love them) so i think all skaters will have more support from fans in Nice (again - i hope this will be). I was at WCh in Torino and it was amaqzing crowd from Europe :)
Yes, maybe P-B and D-W programs look more crowd pleasent, but V-M is V-M - they need to show they are best only then they could win gold.

But i still think this FD they need to show at home WCh.

Marina said that V&M have more complex and difficult fd than D&W so marina wants tessa and scott to win this year
Are you sure? Thats why she all time talking only about masterpice D-W F, wich was her dream? :)

sliver98
11-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Pani she said D&W fd is simpler because there is no mood changes they only have one expression look light and gentle, Marina wants maximum points for tessa and scott this year.

pani
11-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Pani she said D&W fd is simpler because there is no mood changes they only have one expression look light and gentle, Marina wants maximum points for tessa and scott this year.

For publick she said ;) Then she said - they have equal programs. I think its good point for coach.

martyross
11-20-2011, 10:47 PM
uhm...to cheer up your mood a little, here's the translation of a short quote from an Italian website whose reporters are in love with Tessa and Scott (((:
"Light like feathers, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir cast a spell on the arena with their Funny Face.
The canadians perform with naturalness and ease this Free which definitely suit them...but after all, what doesn't suit them?
Shpilband's and Zueva's couple looks effortless on the ice, every movement is graceful, natural, elegant; these two dancers are perfect in bringing the spirit of the musical to the ice."
I like the ecstatic tone of the writer, hehe
to me Funny Face is the best dance ever (((:

sliver98
11-20-2011, 10:49 PM
we will see at worlds i believe tessa and scott have the superior more difficult program the judges will recognize that i believe.

Proustable
11-20-2011, 10:52 PM
This last comment is pure politicking IMO. I think it's ridiculous the USFSA published this. My guess is the USFSA is wanting to show that P&B are closer to V&M than V&M are to D&W. :rolleyes:

I look forward to the headlines of the Icenetwork ice dance articles next weekend at CoR. I doubt they'll be any "Ho Hum" headlines about D&W winning. :shuffle:

Yeah, okay, that comment is Fox News worthy.

clarie
11-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Regardless....I really enjoy V&M's gorgeous FD this year. At first I was kind of sceptical, but now I feel more comfortable with their choice, and it's so nice to see them enjoying themselves. I really don't pay much attention to anything on "Icenetwork" or any other media. Comparing them to D&W at this point in time is not productive, and I'm certainly not going to make any emotional investment in it. Different competitions, different dynamics, different countries, and though both teams are talented, they are so different. I'm a fan of V&M mainly, so I give them the edge :)

martyross
11-20-2011, 11:24 PM
I would like to add that for me they souldn't add transitions to the last part, because simplicity is exactly what this part need to have... the music is already so intense. on the contrary, the finale is my favorite part since Finlandia because it's simple. One of the reasons I don't like COP is that it pushes the skaters to throw in too many transitions. If they're frantic or done without soul, they look redundant and mechanical. I think they perfectly followed the spirit of a love story. You don't jump around wildly when you tell your love to someone, right? ((:
So Marina Zueva is right in not making other changes.
Quality is more important than quantity, and TS's quality, ladies and gentlemen.... 'ssss paradise ((:

Wyliefan
11-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Yeah, okay, that comment is Fox News worthy.

THAT comment is MSNBC-worthy.

Proustable
11-20-2011, 11:50 PM
THAT comment is MSNBC-worthy.

How so?

bbkenn
11-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Here is the Eurosport version of V&M's FD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXuUlaXXsl0&feature=related