PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

pani
11-20-2011, 06:23 PM
I am lost... did P&B say something bad about V&M? (I still remember Nathalie's :eek: comments about Faiella last year. :rofl:)

No - Natalie try to stop that journalist at press-conference :lol:
Watch press-conference video and read Icenetwork article. ;)

This post makes no sense.
Only 115 at CoR for D-W will have sense - yeees :D

But i am talking not about D-W ubers, i am talking about how people like to play with different facts. V-M marks at TEB too high and difference between P-B and VM is too big, but when we talk about D-W and P-B difference at SA - all look OK ;) (not because its D-W - this could be any team).

clarie
11-20-2011, 06:27 PM
I wonder if that French guy who wrote the article also wrote the headline or if icenetwork has a copy editor/headline editor back in Colorado Springs (or whereever icenetwork is based) who puts a title on them.

To me it just makes the USFSA look desperate.

ITA with that.

shan
11-20-2011, 06:28 PM
I thought I read all of the articles (maybe I missed one). I don't remember reading that V/M were too high.

I don't get the sense that the USFSA cares about ice dancing all that much, in spite of the success of the last few years.

pani
11-20-2011, 06:32 PM
I thought I read all of the articles (maybe I missed one). I don't remember reading that V/M were too high.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111119&content_id=26011474&vkey=ice_news

The main difference between them and their Canadian counterparts came in the components.

Whereas the one-point difference between the two teams seemed normal for skating skills and transitions, the .75-point gap for choreography and interpretation seemed a bit exaggerated to many experts.

"This is really where we invest a lot," Péchalat said, "And, indeed, it is not as rewarded as it used to be in ice dance a few years ago."

And please look press0conference video irst

pani
11-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Interview with Marina Zueva on TEB/ A lot off common with last her interview - if you want to see her dream, watch D-W FD.
hen auther, after Marinaal time talking about how good her work with D-W is, ask - what abou V-M? ot all people like this FD?
Marina; this FD is more difficult with different styles. So i like both dances.
At the end.
Last year you said for V-M it will be hard to compete with D-W. What about this year?
They have good traning. So both teams have good programs and all will depend how they will skate at WCh.

http://www.championat.com/other/_skating/article-103563-zueva-vozmozhnosti-u-virchu-moir-i-djevis-uajt-ravny.html
You could use Google translation

And she said they will not change anymore in FD. This made me sad - what about transitions in last part?

DORISPULASKI
11-20-2011, 07:05 PM
I wonder if that French guy who wrote the article also wrote the headline or if icenetwork has a copy editor/headline editor back in Colorado Springs (or whereever icenetwork is based) who puts a title on them.

To me it just makes the USFSA look desperate.

USFS has Major League Baseball running IN; they are too lazy to do it themselves.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070829&content_id=31880&vkey=ice_pressrelease

You will notice who runs icenetwork here.

The IN lady with USFS ties is probably Lynn Rutherford, but she absolutely loves V&M, perhaps more than D&W, so I would be very surprised if she wrote the headline. "Ho hum" may be baseball-speak to condense "To no one's surprise" in the short space in the IN headline block

The russian commentators are right but still, i still think the routine is a work in progress once they get all the technical stuff down they will start working on the coreo and interpretation, plus it would be foolish to reveal all your cards in november when worlds is a few months away. The goal is to surprise davis and white there whom i don`t expect will change there free dance much from now till march.

I expect to see changes in both dances for both teams ---why?--because both teams always do that. It's one of the great things about being a fan of either or both of the two teams.

pani
11-20-2011, 07:23 PM
I expect to see changes in both dances for both teams ---why?--because both teams always do that. It's one of the great things about being a fan of either or both of the two teams.

If you will read Zueva interview, wich i put in my last post, you could see - she said they will not change noting in V-M programs. Only thinking about Tessa new dress for FD (no words about Scott).
This is Marina who need listen all that questions from french journalist.

DORISPULASKI
11-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Except a little this, a little that, nothing major...I think nothing will change by GPF, but between GPF and 4CC's, perhaps.

iggie
11-20-2011, 07:28 PM
well pani, there still be changes -- maybe not a major structural change like someone people want -- because they still have to get their step sequences up. they can't be happy that both are stuck at level 3.

pani
11-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Did you read interview?
She said this is final variant of FD.(for V-M).
I am sire she will made a lot off change for D-W - she all time talking anly about them now :)

they can't be happy that both are stuck at level 3
V-M never had level 4 for SS even at OG. Only D-W is good enough to have level 4 for SS.

iggie
11-20-2011, 07:42 PM
pani...

i had a response for you, but why bother. when you state that only d/w are good enough for level 4 ss and marina will only improve d/w's programs, no words are needed.

pani
11-20-2011, 07:48 PM
pani...

i had a response for you, but why bother. you're on some kind of d/w kick right now.

Its french journalist bother, not pani :D
And for me its werid - when all see the last part is lack of transitions, coach said- o, we will not made changes anymore.

And what about comments about Scott outfit fro British Eurosport? I think they are right.

Rafter
11-20-2011, 08:34 PM
The russian commentators are right but still, i still think the routine is a work in progress once they get all the technical stuff down they will start working on the coreo and interpretation, plus it would be foolish to reveal all your cards in november when worlds is a few months away. The goal is to surprise davis and white there whom i don`t expect will change there free dance much from now till march.

This comment is ridiculous. V&M cannot "surprise" D&W with anything new at Worlds because D&W see every single day what V&M are working on and vice versa.

Rafter
11-20-2011, 08:45 PM
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111119&content_id=26011474&vkey=ice_news

[I]The main difference between them and their Canadian counterparts came in the components.

Whereas the one-point difference between the two teams seemed normal for skating skills and transitions, the .75-point gap for choreography and interpretation seemed a bit exaggerated to many experts.

This last comment is pure politicking IMO. I think it's ridiculous the USFSA published this. My guess is the USFSA is wanting to show that P&B are closer to V&M than V&M are to D&W. :rolleyes:

I look forward to the headlines of the Icenetwork ice dance articles next weekend at CoR. I doubt they'll be any "Ho Hum" headlines about D&W winning. :shuffle:

sliver98
11-20-2011, 09:23 PM
the russians will say that bobrova and soloviev are closer to D&W:D