PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

pani
11-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Wow, Anna C's english is excellent. Very impressed!

Can you tell us what the Russian commentators said about V&Ms FD, pani?

First of all they said - this team something speciall and last year WCh result it was like: "OK. Will givew one gold to americans". But Novitsky adZhurankov think nobody could reach V-M level.
Zhurankov remember that moment at OG, when Scott said to Tessa "thank you very much".
They talk about how good there legs work is, how they made all look so easy. And after there perfomance you feel reall uplifting and happy.
They said Scott feel they will have dedaction for last lift - he look at that moment on Tessa wihout smile :D
And hurankov said - o, they have only one 10? Usually they have 5 or 6 perfect marks :lol:
I understand, maybe this is a little too much (especially after press-conference and that icenetwork article), but i enjoy there comments :lol:
As for Anna english. I was very impressed, when i saw them firts time at CoR press-conference. And this girl could talk :D

Proustable
11-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Uh, the difference is that Bev Smith doesn't work/write for Skate Canada and isn't affiliated with them in any official capacity. She's a sports writer for Canada national liberal newspaper.

With icenetwork, they are owned by the USFSA and therefore a talking piece for USFSA messaging.

I wonder if icenetwork would ever publish an article with the headline: "Ho Hum: Davis & White win again". Me thinks not.

Of course not. I understand the difference. But frankly, I don't find it all that shocking at the federation would put down the rivals of one of their biggest stars.

professordeb
11-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Of course not. I understand the difference. But frankly, I don't find it all that shocking at the federation would put down the rivals of one of their biggest stars.

Actually, I would expect a federation to raise & praise their own but not at the expense of putting down their rivals. It seems petty and childish.

As for who put up the titles, I'm thinking it probably isn't the writer because I know in papers that I read, I have been told it is the editor who comes up with the titles and I sometimes go :rolleyes: at how stupid/annoying it might be.

pani
11-20-2011, 04:28 PM
I have 1 question. Why when D-W won 15 points only in FD at SA it was OK for Icenetwork, for Nicky Slater.....
You know today i thought - will they really give T-S in exibition skate at P-B place and P-B wil close all exibitions.

sliver98
11-20-2011, 04:30 PM
The russian commentators are right but still, i still think the routine is a work in progress once they get all the technical stuff down they will start working on the coreo and interpretation, plus it would be foolish to reveal all your cards in november when worlds is a few months away. The goal is to surprise davis and white there whom i don`t expect will change there free dance much from now till march.

Proustable
11-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Actually, I would expect a federation to raise & praise their own but not at the expense of putting down their rivals. It seems petty and childish.

As for who put up the titles, I'm thinking it probably isn't the writer because I know in papers that I read, I have been told it is the editor who comes up with the titles and I sometimes go :rolleyes: at how stupid/annoying it might be.

Okay. I'll accept petty and childish.

marbri
11-20-2011, 04:51 PM
I have 1 question. Why when D-W won 15 points only in FD at SA it was OK for Icenetwork, for Nicky Slater.....
You know today i thought - will they really give T-S in exibition skate at P-B place and P-B wil close all exibitions.

Because Charlie wore a coat ;) Nicky Slater likes his men to wear coats :D

pani
11-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Because Charlie wore a coat ;) Nicky Slater likes his men to wear coats :D

:lol:

shan
11-20-2011, 05:26 PM

And Fabian was sick, so they didn't skate as well at SA. The large point difference was no surprise. TEB was much better for P/B.

sliver98
11-20-2011, 05:42 PM
I like Pechalat and bourzat but that program is just atrocious a bad retreat of grischuk and platov`s 1997 masterpiece and Pechalat just can`t compare to Grishuk. But with worlds being in france they seem to be france`s only shot at a medal so the judges will overscore it.

pani
11-20-2011, 05:44 PM
And Fabian was sick, so they didn't skate as well at SA. The large point difference was no surprise. TEB was much better for P/B.

Yes, D-W never was overscored. Even if they had 3 tens at first competition with "run on circle" FD :D
Maybe people think P-B could beat D-W, but could do this with so bad T-S, without charisma :lol:

zotza
11-20-2011, 05:45 PM
I don't think it's the Americans that need to bash.I don't think anyone has to worry.I just think P/B are PRing a lot,first because they don't want to lose Euros and because Worlds are at Nice.If I'm almost sure that most of the journalists and experts that had this kind of thinking where French or friends of the French.I understand that P/B and everything French is absolutely adored here in FSU,so I rest my case.
Eurosport commentators are always P/B friendly anyway,and even back in 1990 when the Duchesnays were competing they were saying that they deserved victories over K/P repeatedly.I wouldn't worry about Nicky Slater either,he's always so opinionated.
Don't you know about the Italian/Russian/NorthAmerican conspiracy to let P/B out of the medals?:P:lol: (and don't get me wrong,I like P/B and it's not their fault )

Zemgirl
11-20-2011, 05:53 PM
I just think P/B are PRing a lot, first because they don't want to lose Euros and because Worlds are at Nice. If I'm almost sure that most of the journalists and experts that had this kind of thinking where French or friends of the French. I understand that P/B and everything French is absolutely adored here in FSU, so I rest my case.
The existence of PR and politikking in skating is hardly a shocker, and is certainly not limited to P/B.

Anyway, I get the sense that Nathalie has very strong views about skating (and likely other things as well) and is not shy about sharing them when asked - certainly their interviews over the years support this. I say good for her.

Cherub721
11-20-2011, 06:15 PM
I am lost... did P&B say something bad about V&M? (I still remember Nathalie's :eek: comments about Faiella last year. :rofl:)

shan
11-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Yes, D-W never was overscored. Even if they had 3 tens at first competition with "run on circle" FD :D
Maybe people think P-B could beat D-W, but could do this with so bad T-S, without charisma :lol:

This post makes no sense.