PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

pani
11-19-2011, 04:33 PM
This color is very good to show her beautifull eyes

marbri
11-19-2011, 04:35 PM
That might be a good thing if I were sitting across a table from her but when she's flying across the ice skating a latin SD I'm not looking at the colour of her eyes ;)

There is a youtube uses tamriko666 who has been putting up videos from TEB. Look at I&K practicing their SD, she is in a pink dress. Compare her presence in that pink dress to the blue dress she wore in the actual competition.

pani
11-19-2011, 04:40 PM
On funny note/ If V-M had 75 in SD at TEB - did you discuss they need t change something?
And didnt you notice - Scott didnt kiss Marina anymore :) Maybe its after her interview on russian where she talk he kiss her all time before practiece? :)

walei
11-19-2011, 04:44 PM
I also agree with that people are comparing their SD to their FD from last year. That FD was saucy and phenomenal, draws the audience from the first beat. SD this year cannot compare simply because of the format but I agree they can tweak it somewhat to not allow the Rumba CD to be so jarring.

Thanks for the FD practice vid too, LOVE the part from their twizzle to their linking move into their dance spin!

marbri
11-19-2011, 04:55 PM
On funny note/ If V-M had 75 in SD at TEB - did you discuss they need t change something?
And didnt you notice - Scott didnt kiss Marina anymore :) Maybe its after her interview on russian where she talk he kiss her all time before practiece? :)

I'd still want her to change the dress :D

sliver98
11-19-2011, 05:03 PM
the program will be perfect by nationals just like the flamenco OD two years ago they tinkered with it alot before it was polished same thing here.

missysays
11-19-2011, 05:34 PM
That blue dress is just wrong for a Latin program, IMO. However, to be clear, Tessa looks great in the dress-she just doesn't look sexy and Latin in the dress. She looks like a Detroit Lions cheerleader.

Hahahaha.:lol:

Thanks for putting into words what I had been feeling. Perfect metaphor. Detroit Lions indeed!! Also more Vegas showgirl than Latin dancer.

For someone who normally has pretty elegant and minimalist taste, I was surprised when she came out with it. The FD costume last year was the perfect Tessa version of a Latin dancer costume- flashy and eye-catching for sure but with a minimal and streamlined cut that prevented it from going over the edge. That was a great dress and fantastic color. This blue with the silver edges just unimaginative and very run of the mill.

I hope she changes it soon.

Sahararainfall
11-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Regarding the dress, in one of the Marina interviews (the one posted in LJ) this is what Google translate had to say:

Who came up with the idea of the golden dress for any program Tessa at this World Cup?
Tessa consulted with me, what color her dress to sew. Offers three options: deep pink, blue and gold. We chose gold.

So perhaps this blue dress is really from last year and the bad ass Latin dresses for this year is still locked in their armory. :lol: I also think a better dress would add more to the overall impact of the program. I mean the Flamenco OD dress with the red skirt probably added a few points in their presentation score, it was like there was another entity on the ice with them: Scott, Tessa, and the red skirt...

ETA: SD Eurosport version here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t2JtlXQ9u8)

maggylyn
11-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Regarding the dress, in one of the Marina interviews (the one posted in LJ) this is what Google translate had to say:

"Who came up with the idea of the golden dress for any program Tessa at this World Cup?
Tessa consulted with me, what color her dress to sew. Offers three options: deep pink, blue and gold. We chose gold. "

So perhaps this blue dress is really from last year and the bad ass Latin dresses for this year is still locked in their armory. :lol: I also think a better dress would add more to the overall impact of the program.

Was this in reference to the SD dress, or last year's FD?

She already did gold last year. I liked that dress very well but gold really isn't a very flattering color and since Tessa already wore gold for the Latin FD I certainly hope she doesn't repeat for this SD. :P

pani
11-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Go, Tessa and Scott!
Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN 105.75=50.96+55.79
1 point dedaction. The same score with SC. Didnt saw video, but congrats with second GP gold and will waite you in GPF, guys!

DORISPULASKI
11-19-2011, 09:14 PM

So Marina kisses and tells :rofl:

TEB was a lovely performance. The deduction was for an extended lift, and there was one which had a slightly awkward spot in it, so I suspect that was it.

And I'm hoping she has a super SD dress for the GPF!

marbri
11-19-2011, 09:15 PM
I thought the dance looked good on the eurosport video but I noticed then that all the boards and signs were in blue so she fades into them.

pani
11-19-2011, 09:18 PM
So Marina kisses and tells :rofl:

TEB was a lovely performance. The deduction was for an extended lift, and there was one which had a slightly awkward spot in it, so I suspect that was it.

And I'm hoping she has a super SD dress for the GPF!

Thanks, Doris! Hope to see and enjoy this FD tomorrow on Eurosport.
I thought from the beginig of the season - D-W and V-M had too high score from the debute of there programs. Look in V-M case i was right, will see what happened in Moscow.

pani
11-19-2011, 09:19 PM
I thought the dance looked good on the eurosport video but I noticed then that all the boards and signs were in blue so she fades into them.

Are you talking about SD or FD?

martyross
11-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Seems that in the past weeks our two heros worked on the SD more than on the FS. Why give it all on Funny Face at TEB? They're doing great.
The SD has made great steps forward and now it's super hot but endlessy elegant.