PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

flowerpower
11-19-2011, 06:37 AM
Oh, it entertained me too!

I'm not panning it; just hoping for a few changes that I think would give it more impact. IMO.

pani
11-19-2011, 09:37 AM
O - is this V-N fan tread? :lol:
OK. I think all this critices going from too high expectation from this two.
If when Meryl did only 3 dance moves in SD all is happy, because people thinking they never could be good in latin.
When Anna Capelinni did some good steps in latin style- all happy, because during long years we didnt saw this beautifull couple on the top of there game.
When Natalie and Fabien didnt show latin at all, but show sunny, pleasent SD - i am still happy with this SD.
But when people start talking about V-M.... This team must not only dance, like ballroom dancers, skate like Gods, show best ever lines, best speed in the World and only in this case poeple will say - OK, they were good today :D
But i see only 1 problem - this two did latin dance last season. It was great, so people compare this SD with last year FD, but not with what other skaters show this season in SD (i dont want talk about D-W ubers).
And i always feel bad when people want to show how they know a lot about ice dancing, when start talking "Tessa show junior emotions". I think when Pushkin, MariM talk this in other treads - its OK. :P
And as for speed - another people talk they was fast. And Scott said they were fast. I belive them more. Goodluck today, Tessa and Scott!
Honestly, i am worry more about Tessa and her health. And maybe she read FSU - she didnt look happy when she talk "we have some bubles here and there". Where? :D I will be happy, if all will have such an elegant bubbles

PashaFan
11-19-2011, 10:36 AM
I have not been following this thread much so forgive me if I'm not up to date with what's been said.
But I just watched Tessa & Scott's SD from the TEB.
WOW !. Even better than Skate Canada (With the glitch).
They really went for it. I'm not their number 1 fan but even I (a huge Natalie & Fabian fan) can see that they are way ahead of the others.
They are two of the most talented Ice Dancers I have seen.
I was not that keen on their free dance in Canada (I don't know if it was just me but the dress was not my cup of tea).
BUT I just don't understand how Davis & White are getting such huge marks. To me (a person who can remember T&D) what Meryl & Charlie do is just mini pairs skating at times.
Don't get me wrong, I have really liked some past programmes but at the Worlds this year Tessa & Scott were the REAL gold medal winners.

pani
11-19-2011, 10:53 AM
I have not been following this thread much so forgive me if I'm not up to date with what's been said.
But I just watched Tessa & Scott's SD from the TEB.
WOW !. Even better than Skate Canada (With the glitch).
They really went for it. I'm not their number 1 fan but even I (a huge Natalie & Fabian fan) can see that they are way ahead of the others.
They are two of the most talented Ice Dancers I have seen.
I was not that keen on their free dance in Canada (I don't know if it was just me but the dress was not my cup of tea).
BUT I just don't understand how Davis & White are getting such huge marks. To me (a person who can remember T&D) what Meryl & Charlie do is just mini pairs skating at times.
Don't get me wrong, I have really liked some past programmes but at the Worlds this year Tessa & Scott were the REAL gold medal winners.

Glad you post in this tread :)
I dont want to discuss other skaters marks, but i am happy someone agree with me, that V-M are reall dancers. :)
I think in this SD they show much more ballroom latin moves, then in last year FD. (IMHO)

marikat
11-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Fd practice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGRfe9m-sBo

Sd press conference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5cij0BEWUE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHcB60tefYM

pani
11-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks! Very beautifull podium after SD :D
And all look so friendly - love this :)

flowerpower
11-19-2011, 01:34 PM
OK. I think all this critices going from too high expectation from this two.
.........But when people start talking about V-M.... This team must not only dance, like ballroom dancers, skate like Gods, show best ever lines, best speed in the World and only in this case poeple will say - OK, they were good today :D
But i see only 1 problem - this two did latin dance last season. It was great, so people compare this SD with last year FD, but not with what other skaters show this season in SD (i dont want talk about D-W ubers).

Yes, that is very true, pani. Good points.

sliver98
11-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Natalie Pechalat looks too much like Marion Cotillard:D

Rafter
11-19-2011, 02:13 PM
You mean what one person post they were boring and slow? :lol:
You saw them at SC - were they slow?

no they weren't slow. But they looked even faster at TEB than SC. Maybe it's because they had more ice to work with.

Rafter
11-19-2011, 02:17 PM
^
Not just you. Not after seeing this piece of choreo.

I'd like to see them with new choreographic input too. Doubt it will happen though with how supposedly close Tessa and Marina are.

I think the top 3 Shpilband teams have rather mediocre SDs. All three teams have very similar program layouts and none of them have any real highlights to them. It's almost as if Marina/Igor "mailed in" the choreo for D&W, V&M and S&S.

I actually think Camerlengo's teams (P&B and W&P) have more interesting programs choreographically.

Rafter
11-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Honestly, i am worry more about Tessa and her health.

Why do you say this?

marbri
11-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Fd practice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGRfe9m-sBo

Sd press conference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5cij0BEWUE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHcB60tefYM

Thanks. The spin in the FD looks greatly improved, particularly the final position.

DORISPULASKI
11-19-2011, 04:20 PM
I think if Tessa puts on a sexy dress in a warm color, and she and Scott skate exactly the same way they are now that no one will be criticizing their SD for not being Latin enough or sexy enough .

That blue dress is just wrong for a Latin program, IMO. However, to be clear, Tessa looks great in the dress-she just doesn't look sexy and Latin in the dress. She looks like a Detroit Lions cheerleader.

And if she looked more sexy and Latin, I'll bet her Latin expression would amp up a notch all on its own (although I want to be clear that I think they're fine as they are).

pani is right that people are comparing the SD to their FD rather than to the competition. And that's expecting too much of any team.

No SD is going to look as good as any FD--all SDs are pretty dreadful, and the whole idea of the SD is a crap concept IMO.

pani
11-19-2011, 04:29 PM
When i watch on Scott in SD at TEB, i see some ironic moves from him - smile, kiss his fingers something like this. I think he feel more relax, when he noake latin moves too serios.
I dont know about dress. This dress look very expensive. What color could she used? She used pink 100 times before.
And sorry for my post. I understand we have different opinions, but i dont think someone talk truth when said Tessa didnt look like sexy women. So if you all think so - i am wrong.

marbri
11-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Mentioned it earlier but I agree that the blue dress works against them. The colour is just wrong. Worst case scenario there is some strategy to make us suffer that blue dress until worlds where she'll come out in something hot and vibrant which will take the program up to another level.

Colour psychology is something I'm into and while some people find blue calming they can also cause feelings of sadness or indifference. That is what the blue colour is doing for me.