PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

bbkenn
11-19-2011, 02:38 AM
I also see a lot of minor changes and it looked really fast, but posters on the TEB site say that they were really slow. How can there be such a difference? I know those posters don't care for V&M and a lot of them are on the TEB thread, but is there anyone there who likes them who can confirm their speed? I do like the program, maybe I'm just not critical enough.

Golightly
11-19-2011, 03:03 AM
It didn't look slow to me at all. They went into the first rhumba pattern with a lot of speed in fact. I've heard from at least five people who were there and none of them has mentioned they were slow, two said they were faster, actually. So, I don't know what these people are talking about.

Slow or no, I agree that the problem is structural. The first change of rhythm breaks the momentum dramatically. This opening is good, but I still think they could use last year's. It was great, so why not keep it? They are stubborn I guess and don't want anyone to compare this SD to last year's FD, but that opening was the best part about the whole thing. Performance-wise, Tessa didn't look as into it as she did in Finlandia and Canada, Scott improved.

Yup, this SD format is terrible. It's like it doesn't give you any room, you don't know what to do, it's confusing. The pattern doesn't let you show much face, it affects the performance.

zilam98
11-19-2011, 03:51 AM
The GP circuit is like a fashion show for them. I hope she wears a vivid color as well. Maybe a green dress!

lime green, anyone? ;)

or maybe she should wear the pink costume she has been wearing at exhibitions. people seemed to like it a lot

DFJ
11-19-2011, 03:56 AM
Can I say I wish they'd get new choreographers. It seems to me a bit ridiculous when their biggest rivals have the same ones. Just me? :confused:

flowerpower
11-19-2011, 04:02 AM
^
Not just you. Not after seeing this piece of choreo.

DFJ
11-19-2011, 04:08 AM
^
Not just you. Not after seeing this piece of choreo.

Good, glad I`m not the only one.

Lissa
11-19-2011, 04:11 AM
Scott's feet got a bit sloppy towards the end of the second rhumba pattern and the final swirl wasn't as sharp as it was at Skate Canada IMO. Other than that, my quite untrained eye couldn't detect any real flaw in their performance but I'd also like Tessa to wear another dress for the SD.

Yeah I saw that too, his right foot nearly caught on the ice & that could have been a huge mistake, they would have went on their face omg I thought I was the only one too see that, I even gasped a little, like......omg no!:lol:

I agree the swirl at the end needs to be tighter, but it was still amazing & clearly the cream of the crop!:D

I can't wait to see the EuroSport coverage, I love hearing their reactions.

iggie
11-19-2011, 04:12 AM
forget it.

Lissa
11-19-2011, 04:13 AM
Oh yeah, Scott was smiling a little weird through some parts too, lol not that it mattered but if he was going for sexy Rumba look, it failed, he is adorable but that little smirk he was making made it seem more like he was a creeper than sexy.:lol:

Macassar88
11-19-2011, 05:03 AM
Oh yeah, Scott was smiling a little weird through some parts too, lol not that it mattered but if he was going for sexy Rumba look, it failed, he is adorable but that little smirk he was making made it seem more like he was a creeper than sexy.:lol:

Exactly. He needs to be passionate!

Bournekraatzfan
11-19-2011, 05:12 AM
thanks for posting the video, pani. I saw the edge problem on the 12th step...the camera actually gets this at a good angle. but I do think they looked faster and more sure in the transitions. and I agree with others--they flew into those twizzles! I prefer the new opening to the old one but still miss the opening to last year's FD--it was so exciting! I would love for them to bring back the stationary samba walks...I would also like to see the do the basic samba step side by side...I think this would really show off their unison and connection. I still like this SD, but also wish they didn't slow down the HHCC section...I would prefer to see both rhumba patterns performed to Temptation. I seem to be one of the few who really likes this dress for this SD...I think Tessa looks better in blue than pink (though she looks great in anything!) I imagine they will tweak this program a little bit more by the time the GPF rolls around and I look forward to seeing it then.

Bournekraatzfan
11-19-2011, 05:14 AM
I wonder if the weak edge on the 12th step of the rhumba has something to do with Tessa having to adjust her stroking? I would imagine it does.

maggylyn
11-19-2011, 05:25 AM
I thought this SD was a little off compared to SC. I don't think I can explain why that was, but I was a little underwhelmed.

The first time I saw Tessa's blue dress I liked it. I was just so ready to see her in more color. But I agree with the person up thread who said the color is too cool to convey a Latin feeling.
I wonder how much that color is affecting some people's opinion that Tessa isn't projecting a good Latin feeling.

I think she does the Latin just fine but it would be a lot more showy with a hot color.

flowerpower
11-19-2011, 05:41 AM
I thought they (Scott particularly) really went for it here performance-wise, and there's always a fine line where that could lead to errors. That doesn't worry me at all at this point in the season.

My criticisms are not aimed at them. They are fantastic skaters. I just want them to have fantastic vehicles (i.e. programs) for showing what they can do.

I've been happy with the majority of their programs, but this SD, IMHO, is not the best vehicle, as it's currently structured. I felt this way at Skate Canada, and talked to someone about it on the way home that night. Some restructuring would make a big difference in the momentum of the program, and give both the rhumba and samba sections more cohesion. That's JMO, of course.

iggie
11-19-2011, 06:20 AM
what i wanted to say but couldn't before is that i'm surprized the sd is so universally panned because for the first time, i liked it. i thought they really went for the performance and i love the mix of unrestrained and controlled. sure, there are things they could change, but it really entertained me.