PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #12 Only Audrey and Fred this season on ice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

Rafter
11-18-2011, 10:02 PM
One more thought about V&Ms SD, I wonder how it looked live in Paris, because on video it sure looked like they were flying out there. They looked really fast to me and they really flew into those twizzles.

That said, this is not my favourite SD/OD of theirs.

marbri
11-18-2011, 10:03 PM
I agree with this totally. For some reason there isn't any real build in this program so it doesn't have the impact I'm sure they were going for. Their FD last season was more effective in this regard. At SC my impression was that W&P's program built a lot more and I thought they even got a bigger applause than V&M did.

I think it was a mistake to slow down that that Hip Hip Chin Chin music for the CD pattern. IMO they should have put both CD patterns during the Temptation section and left the HHCC music as is.

I also don't like Tessa's dress. She needs to be in a much brighter, more vivid colour. Knowing Tessa, this probably isn't her final SD costume.

Also, what do they have to do to get Level4 for their Rhumba patterns?

Apparently whatever it is C&L did to get L4 on both of their patterns :D

pani
11-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Honestly, i like W-P, but dont like there SD. Maybe because this old overused music in first part and a lot off "Krylova-style" in it. And look at Scott body movement and Andrew (i even don ttalk about Tessa and Keithlyn).
So i think this is only our own taste.
I think they wasnt on fire in Canada in SD at all, but look mo IN in Paris. Maybe this is only my impression :)
And you forget about 1 thing. They need to do pattern and this first is going ideal with music. Its hard to compare with FD where you could doing what you want. And i think they have so hig GOE at first pattern part because they made it with music so well.
As for level 3 for pattern. From russian forum. In step 12 (0;59-1:00 in first part and 2:03-2:04 in second) Tessa didnt show outside edge. Its one of the key points.

martyross
11-18-2011, 10:38 PM
wow... superb... I already liked the SD but now it has that something that makes me watch it and rewatch it. it will be top-class at GPF, and a masterpiece at Worlds!

pani
11-18-2011, 10:54 PM
One more thought about V&Ms SD, I wonder how it looked live in Paris, because on video it sure looked like they were flying out there. They looked really fast to me and they really flew into those twizzles

You mean what one person post they were boring and slow? :lol:
You saw them at SC - were they slow?

sliver98
11-18-2011, 11:01 PM
i thought the performance was smooth and great it will be a masterpiece at worlds count on it.

sap5
11-19-2011, 12:59 AM
I think you are right. Restructure the rhumba sections and put some more colour into it, I want to see Tessa wearing hot colours. Blue is a cool colour, it works against the mood they want imo.

I agree with you pani regarding Scott. I think this is the best performance of his to date.

I'm not a fan of this SD. What I'd like to see:
-- I agree with those who want both rhumba patterns in the Temptation section. Slowing down HHCC so early in the program just sucks the life out of it.
-- I wish they'd just go back to their old (FD) opening. That was fun, exciting, and showed their skill in adapting ballroom on to ice. If they don't want to do the same (and I wouldn't blame them), maybe something similar?
-- Tessa's blue dress needs to go. Not only is it the wrong color, it looks too heavy.
-- Everytime I watch Tessa in this dance, I think "junior high girl playing at being sexy" rather than "woman who is sexy". Both of them appear, to me, to be playing to the crowd more than to each other. For some couples, that is the way to go, but with them, I'd think there would be more heat if they just focused on each other.

Proustable
11-19-2011, 01:27 AM
While I think the construction is actually quite canny - splitting the step sequences from each other with other elements, I do wish they could pull it off without slowing down the Hip-Hip sequence. But I see improvements in the linking stuff and Scott certainly turned up the expression. And the second rhumba sequence is just divine.

flowerpower
11-19-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm not a fan of this SD. What I'd like to see:
-- I agree with those who want both rhumba patterns in the Temptation section. Slowing down HHCC so early in the program just sucks the life out of it.
-- I wish they'd just go back to their old (FD) opening. That was fun, exciting, and showed their skill in adapting ballroom on to ice. If they don't want to do the same (and I wouldn't blame them), maybe something similar?
-- Tessa's blue dress needs to go. Not only is it the wrong color, it looks too heavy.
-- Everytime I watch Tessa in this dance, I think "junior high girl playing at being sexy" rather than "woman who is sexy". Both of them appear, to me, to be playing to the crowd more than to each other. For some couples, that is the way to go, but with them, I'd think there would be more heat if they just focused on each other.

I agree. And if you look back at their Latin show performances this summer, you know that both of them can do "mature and sexy"! ;)

They should use the costumes from the summer - they were great (maybe Tessa's might need a bit more coverage, but it could be very similar). The blue one needs to go.

I don't know what Marina and Igor were thinking by constructing the SD in this way. The program needs an emotional arc, and should build to a climax. Based on what we saw from them this summer, we know they can do a great job with this SD. I hope they restructure the choreo so they can fully demonstrate that.

DFJ
11-19-2011, 01:34 AM
I agree. And if you look back at their Latin show performances this summer, you know that both of them can do "mature and sexy"! ;)

They should use the costumes from the summer - they were great (maybe Tessa's might need a bit more coverage, but it could be very similar). The blue one needs to go.

I don't know what Marina and Igor were thinking by constructing the SD in this way. The program needs an emotional arc, and should build to a climax. Based on what we saw from them this summer, we know they can do a great job with this SD. I hope they restructure the choreo so they can fully demonstrate that.

Have to agree with what all you guys are saying. I'm such a huge fan, but this SD is doing nothing for me. I should add though that I hate this new SD format.

Macassar88
11-19-2011, 01:53 AM
:confused:

When you're as good as they are, you don't need luck to win.

Macassar88
11-19-2011, 01:55 AM
Dont know - i saw only they look more relax and Scott was more sexy in this perfomance. Yes, final swirl was better in Canada, but IMHO this perfomance was more emotional.
As for audience on their feet - o, only not in Paris :)
Why they choose Paris? Audience lov ethem much more in Moscow :)

I disagree. I thought that the Skate Canada performance had more passion - especially from Scott who seemed a little off today. Also, I thought that his facial expressions were a little wonky. He had this creepy smile that didn't really say latin to me.

Macassar88
11-19-2011, 01:57 AM
I also don't like Tessa's dress. She needs to be in a much brighter, more vivid colour. Knowing Tessa, this probably isn't her final SD costume.

The GP circuit is like a fashion show for them. I hope she wears a vivid color as well. Maybe a green dress!

sliver98
11-19-2011, 02:23 AM
it looked like they had more speed though the twizzles were alot faster than skate canada.

flowerpower
11-19-2011, 02:32 AM
I should add though that I hate this new SD format.

Yes, I agree. It doesn't do anyone any favours (not us, or the skaters) - it's an awkward format to work with.

Having re-watched the SD, I can see the improvements from SC, and I'm sure that will continue with every performance. I just get a bit testy, because I want them to have great choreo to work with, and I think a few improvements could be made in that area,.