PDA

View Full Version : Next Iron Chef - Battle of the Divas, um, Super Chefs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ilovepaydays
10-31-2011, 01:29 AM
Premiere is tonight - this season is probably the most all-star cast yet!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/the-next-iron-chef/index.html

Anne Burrell - New York, NY
Michael Chiarello - Napa Valley, CA
Elizabeth Falkner - San Francisco, CA
Alex Guarnaschelli - New York, NY
Chuck Hughes - Montreal, Canada
Robert Irvine - Hilton Head Island, SC
Beau MacMillan - Phoenix, AZ
Spike Mendelsohn - Washington D.C.
Marcus Samuelsson - New York, NY

Lynn226
10-31-2011, 02:16 AM
Bring on the scallops!!

Scintillation
10-31-2011, 03:20 AM
Not at all surprised that Spike was the first to go--I always feel like no matter what show he's on, he's always in over his head.
And Chuck and I will someday be married. :swoon:

BigB08822
10-31-2011, 04:30 AM
I knew Spike would be one of the first ones out. He seems out of his league. I know nothing about him but all the other chefs are so well known and all I know of Spike is that he couldn't manage to even win Top Chef. I feel like most of the chefs in this competition are too good to be on Top Chef.

I do love the casting this year. I know every single one of those chefs and usually I was lucky to recognize two or three. Not sure how they will top this kind of casting without bringing people back but maybe they don't plan on doing this every year, they can't have a new one each year, after all.

Lanie
10-31-2011, 06:33 AM
I want the final two to be Anne Burrell and Robert Irvine, for the funnies. Also, I want Anne to win. Because she is awesome. The end.

Allen
10-31-2011, 11:19 AM
I knew Spike would be one of the first ones out. He seems out of his league. I know nothing about him but all the other chefs are so well known and all I know of Spike is that he couldn't manage to even win Top Chef. I feel like most of the chefs in this competition are too good to be on Top Chef.

I was surprised to see Spike in this lineup. I've eaten at his restaurant in DC several times and it's great, but it's not the same type of food that these other people cook day in and day out.

Ciarello and Samuelson were on Top Chef Masters (Ciarello took second his season and Samuelson won). I could see some of these people doing that show, but you're right, most of them are past the point of regular Top Chef.

I find myself as usual rooting for Anne Burrell. I find it exciting that this could go any number of ways. I really expect Samuelson to win and he probably deserves to, but I can't say I'm a fan of his at all.

jeffisjeff
10-31-2011, 02:10 PM
For me, the only thing that could make up for Zakarian winning the first challenge was Spike being the first to get the boot. :kickass:

Spike was definitely out of place. But I think that was on purpose - none of these high powered "super chefs" want to be the first to go, so they had to bring in a ringer (so to speak).

Scintillation
10-31-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm torn. I want Chuck to do well, but I'm scared this means he won't be able to do Chuck's Day Off anymore, and I LOVE that show.
In all honesty I think Marcus Samuelsson is the most likely to win. He is just orbiting in another solar system in comparison to a lot of the other chefs--the only ones who can probably compete are Zakarian and Chiarello. Robert Irvine thinking he can beat all these guys is just laughable.

ilovepaydays
10-31-2011, 03:56 PM
As much as have enjoyed watching Chiarello's shows and I have heard that Bottega in Napa Valley is well worth the $$$ the menu is - I doubt he will win here. They already have three Iron Chefs who are in Italian/Mediterranean Cuisine - Batali, Cora, & Symon.

Personally, I fine with anyone but Alex Guarnaschelli winning. She has always come across as more "talking about cooking" and not really competitive herself at actually doing it.

skatesindreams
10-31-2011, 04:39 PM
I would love for Marcus Samuelsson to become an Iron Chef.
The diversity of his cuisine is amazing; and he has the experience needed to succeed.

I was surprised that he was in the "bottom two".
Not surprised that he won the elimination challenge over Spike, though.

jeffisjeff
10-31-2011, 04:49 PM
Batali, Cora, & Symon.

Batali is not on ICA anymore. However, last year's Next Iron Chef winner (who was so forgettable that I can't recall his name :lol: ) also specializes in Italian. So, yeah, there are still 3 of them.

Fridge_Break
10-31-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm hoping Anne Burrell takes it, because she's a badass. (And for the longest time I referred to her as Jennifer Nettles, because I think they look alike :P)

emason
10-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Batali is not on ICA anymore. However, last year's Next Iron Chef winner (who was so forgettable that I can't recall his name :lol: ) also specializes in Italian. So, yeah, there are still 3 of them.

Marc Forgione.

Reuven
10-31-2011, 09:00 PM
Marcus would be a great Iron Chef.

peibeck
10-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Marc Forgione.

:swoon:

I'm rooting for Chuck Hughes or Anne Burrell. Alas, I am sure I will be disappointed.

I like Elizabeth Faulkner too, but she didn't last too long in the season she did "Top Chef Masters," so I am wondering how far she will go here.