PDA

View Full Version : Skate America 2012

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Sylvia
10-30-2011, 06:16 PM
The USFS press release for the local announcement of 2013 Nationals is dated 4/28/11:
OMAHA, NEB., SELECTED TO HOST 2013 U.S. FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS (http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=46086&type=news)

The 2011 Skate America location announcement was pretty late -- March 3, 2011: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=45812&type=news

manhn
10-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Come on, Everett!

flutzilla1
10-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Lake Placid gets a JGP in August 2012, I doubt they would get both that and SA.

Ooh really? That is great news! I'm so there!

pat c
10-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Come on, Everett!

Yeah, or Portland.

Really
10-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Portland was good...:)

Terri C
10-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Greensboro or DC... I'm soooo there!!

Debbie S
10-30-2011, 10:13 PM
I'd be happy with any city on the east coast where SW flies (just not Reading). I doubt they'd put it in a large city like DC, given the poor turnout this year, but George Mason U's arena in Fairfax, VA might be a good spot. Or they could use Northeastern U's arena in Boston.

But please let it be somewhere near civilization - not Lake Placid!

OrioleBeagle
10-31-2011, 12:08 AM
Baltimore would be great! There are lots of things to do within walking distance of the Inner Harbor!

OrioleBeagle
10-31-2011, 12:12 AM
I'd be happy with any city on the east coast where SW flies (just not Reading). I doubt they'd put it in a large city like DC, given the poor turnout this year, but George Mason U's arena in Fairfax, VA might be a good spot. Or they could use Northeastern U's arena in Boston.

But please let it be somewhere near civilization - not Lake Placid!

My parents went to a gospel concert at George Mason (Patriot Center) and they complained that they couldn't find any restaurants nearby to eat dinner.

Debbie S
10-31-2011, 02:44 AM
My parents went to a gospel concert at George Mason (Patriot Center) and they complained that they couldn't find any restaurants nearby to eat dinner.Then I guess they wouldn't like Reading. Not only was there nothing around the arena, there was nothing at or around the hotel, either. Hotel stopped serving at something like 9 or 10 (and that included room service). When we checked in, there was a sign at the front desk that said the restaurant was open until midnight, but it turned out that was only for those with credentials. I was so pissed off, I wrote a complaint on the corporate Sheraton website, which got us a free stay.

I hope to never return to Reading. :scream:

It would be awesome if it were in Baltimore, but the arena is not suitable.

Vash01
10-31-2011, 03:40 AM
I vote for Phoenix.:lol:

Meredith
10-31-2011, 11:09 AM
I vote for Phoenix.:lol:

I vote for Columbus or Cincinnati. ;)

Dee2e
10-31-2011, 11:30 AM
NOT on the West Coast, please. SA and the Championships both in CA this year is just too hard for those in the East. It makes no sense to not share the events around the country to me.

I didn't go to SA because I'm going to San Jose.

Lake Placid is so nice to attend events despite the travel challenges. However, putting it in a place with an airport does make sense. Portland is a great place for skating but we went there last year. Give it a rest.

I suggest Hartford, Colorado Springs or Denver, Atlanta, Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Dallas, Philly, Boston, St Louis or anywhere not West since it's been West for two years! Last time SA was East it was in Lake Placid.

Lutzcy
10-31-2011, 01:14 PM
I vote for Columbus or Cincinnati. ;)

Of course, Indianapolis would do very nicely. Great facilities, hotels and restaurants all within walking distance. 20 Minute drive for me ;)

berthesghost
10-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Then I guess they wouldn't like Reading. Not only was there nothing around the arena, there was nothing at or around the hotel, either. Hotel stopped serving at something like 9 or 10 (and that included room service). When we checked in, there was a sign at the front desk that said the restaurant was open until midnight, but it turned out that was only for those with credentials. I was so pissed off, I wrote a complaint on the corporate Sheraton website, which got us a free stay.

I hope to never return to Reading. :scream:

It would be awesome if it were in Baltimore, but the arena is not suitable.That sucks. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I went to SA there a few years back and had a great time, and ate like a pig all over the place, in fact just thinking about the huge Amish meal we had one day makes me feel full! Lol so .... I guess it just goes to show, sometimes things are just a little off.

I think it's great that Lalique is always at bercy right in downtown Paris, although I have no idea how they afford to keep it up. It's always 60% empty when I go. Maybe polo or something can fund SA to always be at mad sq garden. Lol but personally I wouldn't mind if it was permanently at lp. Sure, one has to drive a few hours into the mts, but everyone always acts like getting there is an odyssey. It's not.