PDA

View Full Version : Skate America 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19

CoyoteChris
03-24-2012, 03:44 AM
I will ask my spies buried deep within the USFSA for a date of announcement....

UMBS Go Blue
03-24-2012, 04:39 AM
Would it really matter if there isn't a shuttle?

manhn
03-24-2012, 05:05 AM
I got a whole one day off in May allowing me to take 4-day trip somewhere in the US. As I have no desire to return to Ontario anytime soon, SA is my only chance of attending a skating competition next season. Ultimately, as long as it's near an airport, I'll go. But I don't want to go to the same US city twice in one year! Hurry up, USFSA--I need to make travel arrangements.

Unless it's in Seattle or Everett or Portland. Then I don't care if I've been there tons of times.

But come on Vegas! Or Minneapolis. I wanna go to Mall of America.

SkateSand
03-24-2012, 05:59 AM
I wouldn't mind Ontario again - easy for me to get to since I'm on the west coast, there were hotels within easy walking distance, and the weather was great. But pretty much all I hope for in a Skate America is that there are hotels within walking distance. Anything else is a bonus. I just wish they'd let us know ASAP so we can make our travel plans, arrange for time off work, etc.

genevieve
03-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Unless it's in Seattle or Everett or Portland. Then I don't care if I've been there tons of times.
:glamor:

maureenfarone
03-24-2012, 05:09 PM
I got a whole one day off in May allowing me to take 4-day trip somewhere in the US. As I have no desire to return to Ontario anytime soon, SA is my only chance of attending a skating competition next season. Ultimately, as long as it's near an airport, I'll go. But I don't want to go to the same US city twice in one year! Hurry up, USFSA--I need to make travel arrangements.

But come on Vegas! Or Minneapolis. I wanna go to Mall of America.

I don't believe that Skate America will be held in May.

Really
03-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Somehow, I doubt that manhn thinks so either...

CoyoteChris
03-28-2012, 12:50 AM
My spies buried deep withing the bowels of the USFSA have told me that the announcement for SkateAmerica will be made in Mid-June.

TanithandBenFan
03-28-2012, 01:28 AM
My spies buried deep withing the bowels of the USFSA have told me that the announcement for SkateAmerica will be made in Mid-June.

:eek:

The GP rosters might almost be out then.

manhn
03-28-2012, 02:49 AM
Well, I guess my US trip in May will be Arizona. If USFSA chooses AZ....well, that damn Canyon better be worth watching twice!

chipso1
03-28-2012, 02:53 AM

Well, I hope it's well attended. But I know a lot of people who can't wait until June to make travel arrangements, get time off work, etc.

jkl
03-28-2012, 04:33 AM
It doesn't sound very promising that an announcement will be made in mid-June. Must be lots of arm twisting to get a host:rolleyes:

Jayar
03-28-2012, 05:04 AM
Well, I hope it's well attended. But I know a lot of people who can't wait until June to make travel arrangements, get time off work, etc.

You know when it will be, you just don't know the location. Take the time off of work, and then rescind the vacation if the location isn't to your liking.

Carolla5501
03-28-2012, 03:34 PM
You know when it will be, you just don't know the location. Take the time off of work, and then rescind the vacation if the location isn't to your liking.

I wouldn't do that...

Why waste the goodwill at your office because USFSA is once again saying "no matter what fans will come" (In spite of attendance at last year's event that showed me "no one is here" LOL!)

Honestly, I was so "underwhelmed" with 2011 that I can't imagine taking vacation or spending money to travel to this again unless it's REALLY close. The problem with the "first event" is that those skaters just weren't ready... lots of sloppy skating IMHO

Rob
03-28-2012, 03:41 PM

Cripes. There must not be any takers.