PDA

View Full Version : Nice article on Rachael in the San Jose paper (not Skate Canada centric)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

IceAlisa
10-31-2011, 08:32 PM
I agree Rachael could look really stunning in a black dress with long sleeves, but I don't think it would go with either of her programs this year. EOE suggests something pastel, and Firebird practically mandates red (unless she wants to go for the Evan Lysacek "grilled bird" look!)

That is true, the black wouldn't go. East of Eden could probably a dark forest green though with long sleeves. Firebird could be mostly burgundy with some orange trim and sparkles.

Cheylana
10-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Eys, that's true; those could work. I love dark forest green in particular.

IceAlisa
10-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Eys, that's true; those could work. I love dark forest green in particular.

And I think it would look good on Rachael.

tarotx
11-01-2011, 02:15 AM
A mostly Black could like work for firebird. If she just has splashes of color like in Sasha Cohen's 2002-2003 main Malaguena dress.

And didn't Michelle Kwan have of a blackish EOE dress? Could be remembering wrong though >.<

Lacey
11-01-2011, 02:47 AM
I guess I have to give Rachael credit for an early competition SC 10/28 in a year where she didn't even get her new coaches until probably mid September. I can only hope that there will be improvement.

I have always wanted Rachael to skate in dark colors, I wish I could find her in a black skating dress that I saw this past spring (although it was a few years old maybe).

I also would like to tone down her hair. So many people put gold or reddish blonde highlights in their medium hair when ash blonde would be so much better for the complexion. She needs to color her hair back to its original color, then add just a few lighter, not gold and not red, highlights.

The Fly On The Wall
11-01-2011, 06:16 AM
Kind of an academic exercise because I highly doubt Rachael has the time to read here anyway.

I HOPE she doesn't read here!!!! :dog:

Also, a lot of people don't like her current haircut, which I don't mind but if I were to recommend a hairstyle, I'd go back to this: http://0.tqn.com/d/figureskating/1/0...lattKC-low.jpg

Geez....look how HAPPY she looked just, what, 3 years ago? Suddenly I don't remember seeing her look that way in quite some time. :(

olifaunt
11-01-2011, 02:34 PM
I saw Rachael at Skate Canada. She looked absolutely amazing in the short, happy and effortless. I have seen her skate live before and she is faster and much more measured now. And the dress is lovely in person! Her PCS were a joke. I have no idea what went wrong in the free. I don't think she does either. She really shut down emotionally after failing the first couple of jumps. :( However, I think that if she can perform her free skate like she performed her short program, she should have no issues getting back on the world team or winning medals internationally.

Bev Johnston
11-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Anyone watch "Caste"? I don't, but happened to catch part of an episode two weeks ago. I couldn't believe how much I thought Molly Quinn and Rachael look alike:

http://www.tv.com/people/molly-quinn/viewer/?flag=&i=3&gri=623035&grti=104

It got me to thinking that if Rachael could find a great stylist and maybe experiment with some different hair styles, colors, and makeup, she could completely re-make herself and be a total knockout. The look in the Firebird FS was not good, what with the plastered down hair and eyeliner coming out from the corners of the eyes. I agree that she needs to go back to longer hair, but I also wasn't thrilled with how she looked with the slicked-back bun in the old days, either. I thought she looked her best when she did the half-ponytail thing for an exhibition number.

And please, can we get her some sleeves?! These new costumes are less flattering than last year's.