PDA

View Full Version : ISU homologates the first quadruple Lutz jump

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

neptune
10-27-2011, 05:02 AM
It's sort of relieving to see even native English speakers don't know what it is to homologate.

Oh, but they sure can learn!!!! Check out Homologating for Dummies over at Amazon. ;)

aemeraldrainc
10-27-2011, 05:27 AM
Lay off the rodomontades, please. :lynch:

:rofl:

IceAlisa
10-27-2011, 05:33 AM
just in case anyone wants to check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMQ8qNTG-jY

so smooth, looks like he's been doing them for years :wideeyes:

:eek: Even the elevator music couldn't detract from that beauty.

ETA:

Lay off the rodomontades, please. :lynch: Words like this drive me nuts. I look at it and see a French word, pronounced rodomont-AHD and not rodomont-AID as a rude Amerikan would pronounce it. At least there's lemonade and limonade to avoid confusion.

Jozet
10-27-2011, 05:36 AM
Because it's a whole lot more fun to homologate than to ratify. Don't believe me? Just try it--you'll see. :)

I did try. I'm just not that limber any more. ;)

neptune
10-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Lay off the rodomontades, please. :lynch:

Are they even still legal in the States????? ;)

I did try. I'm just not that limber any more. ;)

You're just way too modest, Jozet. I bet if you work up to it, you'll be homologating madly within just a couple of weeks. ;)

Civic
10-27-2011, 06:00 AM
Another step forward for men's skating. Congrats to Brandon.

Vagabond
10-27-2011, 06:12 AM
Words like this drive me nuts. I look at it and see a French word, pronounced rodomont-AHD and not rodomont-AID as a rude Amerikan would pronounce it. At least there's lemonade and limonade to avoid confusion.

One recondite word! That's all I used! One recondite word! And what do I get? Objurgation. :fragile:

Oh, well. When the Lord gives you rodomonts, make rodomontades. :P

star_gazer11
10-27-2011, 06:13 AM
Awww I am disappointed. We were all getting a better vocabulary out of this.

Although the title of thread made me think of gay lutzes.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Congrats Brandon!

IceAlisa
10-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Oh, well. When the Lord gives you rodomonts, made rodomontades. :P

:lol:

tarotx
10-27-2011, 06:55 AM
Well now that a quad lutz has been landed in competition the Men's world and Olympic champions must land it or the sport will be going backwards ;)

casken
10-27-2011, 07:00 AM
I have this picture in my head of Tom Zakrajsek angrily typing up a letter to the ISU demanding they de-gay the announcement. :P

neptune
10-27-2011, 07:38 AM
When the Lord gives you rodomonts, make rodomontades. :P

Hey, as long as you don't get arrested, have at it!! ;)

neptune
10-27-2011, 08:42 AM
So yeah, this whole new check Websters thing has me pissed off. It is passive or active aggression to intelligent people. Homologate. I could spell that in a second, but WTH? I will never use it in a sentence, it is sooooooo pretentious.

Ever heard of the Island of Misfit Toys? Well, maybe there's an Island of Misfit Words as well. Can you imagine "homologate" and its friends lying face down in the sand, sobbing uncontrollably, "Nobody wants to play with me! Everybody says I'm too pretentious!!!!"? Just think about how terribly lonely some of those words must be if nobody ever uses them. Like a toy, maybe a word is not a word until it is truly loved by someone. Nonetheless, I do agree that the ISU is probably not the best possible suitor for some of these words. ;)

antmanb
10-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Could someone please tell me what jump she did at @ 1:44?
I thought it was interesting how she had her arms by her side and not across her chest.
Thanks.

Looked to me like a double toe-loop from a RFI three turn.

Ziggy
10-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Pffft, which I acknowledged in my post ("rules of the day", and such"), smartazz. ;)

But it's not rules of the day. They didn't count then and they don't count know and they never ever ever should count. :P

Wasn't Roman Serov working on a 4loop also? I'm not sure whether he attempted it in competition. And this is going way back, but I thought I remembered reading in PBP that Sergei Telenkov of Latvia tried a 4loop at Euros one year. I don't think my brain would just fabricate that, but maybe someone else can confirm or deny. ;)

I meant the skaters competing at present, as the comment referred to the possibility of a 4loop or 4flip being ratified this season.

It's sort of relieving to see even native English speakers don't know what it is to homologate.

You're a Native English speaker? :eek: