11-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the links!:)

skatesindreams
11-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Thank you!

vivika1982
11-06-2011, 09:47 PM
You are very welcome. :)
I liked the first episode but honestly the only two dances that i found impressive were Yagudin/Kretova and Marinin/Somova.The rest were nice but strange.Maybe the ballerinas shoud have their pointe shoes back because for now the show remindes me of Fire without Ice ,not like Ballet with skaters but it's only the begining.

pumba
11-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Agree with vivika that the show really reminds the Fire and Ice dancing on the floor portion. And the teams of Marinin and Yagudin were the best in this first episode. I think Peter Tchernyshov and Partner were underscored, and I would have placed them in 3rd. Besides I was totally unimpressed with Tikhonov, while Kostomarov remains the same macho as in all his previous TV projects.
I hope to see something really close to what ballet dancers do, not modern dancing.

lauravvv
11-07-2011, 05:28 PM
You are very welcome. :)
I liked the first episode but honestly the only two dances that i found impressive were Yagudin/Kretova and Marinin/Somova.The rest were nice but strange.Maybe the ballerinas shoud have their pointe shoes back because for now the show remindes me of Fire without Ice ,not like Ballet with skaters but it's only the begining.
I'd say Yagudin/Kretova were the farthest from real ballet. And that's why they looked better than most of the others, and like equals, because Kretova also had to dance in a style that is new to her.

Agree with vivika that the show really reminds the Fire and Ice dancing on the floor portion. And the teams of Marinin and Yagudin were the best in this first episode. I think Peter Tchernyshov and Partner were underscored, and I would have placed them in 3rd. Besides I was totally unimpressed with Tikhonov, while Kostomarov remains the same macho as in all his previous TV projects.
I hope to see something really close to what ballet dancers do, not modern dancing.
I think it was never supposed to be like real ballet, but rather the same modern dancing done in a somewhat balletic style, because the professional half in the show are ballerinas. In my opinion, it would look quite silly if figure skaters tried to dance like real ballet skaters - they had too little time to learn that (at least on such a level that the difference wouldn't be too glaring). Besides, I think that would be quite limiting and all pairs would look more or less the same - depending on the abilities of each figure skater. Of course, ballet can be very different - but not for beginners who are just learning the basics. Whereas that 'Fire' format allows to try different styles - something balletic, but also tango, flamenco or whatever they would like to do.

I agree about Tchernyshov and Tikhonov. Tikhonov was the weakest of all male skaters already in 'Fire' (probably except Novitski, who left in the beginning). As for Kostomarov, I also agree. But I repeat that, in my opinion, it's not just some stereotype that is forced on him, but rather his own choice, because he really is somewhat macho, and this style is closest to him (as he has said for several times). Although he is obviously capable of something else too.

emason
11-07-2011, 05:34 PM
I'd say Yagudin/Kretova were the farthest from real ballet. And that's why they looked better than most of the others, and like equals, because Kretova also had to dance in a style that is new to her.

IMHO, they also had the best material to work with and they sold the Hell out of it.

Frau Muller
11-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Oh, poor Yags in that ridiculous Halloween wig! Was he supposed to be a zombie? Sorry, I couldn't stop laughing, no matter how well Kretova danced.

And what about the team that had Dracula attacking the lady in the bed? Again, laughable, even though that was likely not the intent.

On Saturday, I stopped watching half-way through to flip over to Universal Sports for Cup of China Men & Pairs coverage.

This show is even cheesier than I could ever have imagined. I hope that the participants and VIP judges were paid well for this idiocy.

lauravvv
11-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Oh, poor Yags in that ridiculous Halloween wig! Was he supposed to be a zombie? Sorry, I couldn't stop laughing, no matter how well Kretova danced.

And what about the team that had Dracula attacking the lady in the bed? Again, laughable, even though that was likely not the intent.
No, they were supposed to be some computer game characters. If you had watched more carefully, you would have noticed the title 'Game Over' appear on the background in the end.

As for Staviski - no, he was not Dracula, he was her nightmare.

This show is even cheesier than I could ever have imagined. I hope that the participants and VIP judges were paid well for this idiocy.
What did you expect :confused:? Real classical ballet in classical costumes :rolleyes:? It's supposed to be modern dance in a slightly balletic style, and that's what it is. Also, it obviously is not for the conservative. Because viewers will definitely continue seeing dances in different styles and weird and/or interesting, non-classical costumes with some contemporary music added.

Andrushka
11-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Loved it!Thought Yagudin and Kretova's program was really cool!

vivika1982
11-08-2011, 12:14 AM
What did you expect :confused:? Real classical ballet in classical costumes :rolleyes:? It's supposed to be modern dance in a slightly balletic style, and that's what it is. Also, it obviously is not for the conservative. Because viewers will definitely continue seeing dances in different styles and weird and/or interesting, non-classical costumes with some contemporary music added.

Noone is talking clasical ballet :) but for some of the steps and figures even when the dance is in modern style would be more original if the ladies have pointes. It is understandable that is a challenge for both parties and some middle ground has to be settled or that the cheese part is unavoidable.It is just not what i personally ecxpected.I appreciate anything creative and this is why i liked those two dances as an examples of voidy modern /Y/K/and passionate romantic dance/M/S/ that were presented well. Anyway it's only the beggining and 2 out of 8 is still something.I wish for this show to have the same or even bigger audience but will see.Maybe this one won't follow the usuall scenario of other Averbukh's projects and i sincerly hope that they will skip World War II theme and the military costumes.

pumba
11-08-2011, 04:51 AM
Something tells me there is going to be Bolero Part II with girls skaters and ballet guys, especially if Navka was so willing to participate (in one of her comments while judging). Probably the Part III is going to be about the mix of BI & BII shows couples. ;)
I still want to see the guys challenging themselves in something really close to ballet esthetics, otherwise it makes no difference from what was in the Fire & Ice.

emason
11-08-2011, 05:58 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but do all the couples get to keep going or does the lowest scoring couple get sent packing after each round?

vivika1982
11-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Something tells me there is going to be Bolero Part II with girls skaters and ballet guys, especially if Navka was so willing to participate (in one of her comments while judging). Probably the Part III is going to be about the mix of BI & BII shows couples. ;)
Fire & Ice.

:rofl::yikes: Lets watch and see:cold:

Pardon my ignorance, but do all the couples get to keep going or does the lowest scoring couple get sent packing after each round?

Who knows by the end of the show the rules may change several times.JK :) I think the idea is for all of them to compete and the couple with the higher overal score is going to win but then there is the public choice and audience voting and etc. and etc so in the final show everyone will get some kind of prize.Don't really care though because it's a show not a real competition anyway.

emason
11-08-2011, 11:31 PM
:rofl::yikes: Lets watch and see:cold:

Who knows by the end of the show the rules may change several times.JK :) I think the idea is for all of them to compete and the couple with the higher overal score is going to win but then there is the public choice and audience voting and etc. and etc so in the final show everyone will get some kind of prize.Don't really care though because it's a show not a real competition anyway.

Thanks, I was just curious how it worked since I don't know Russian and couldn't understand any of the commentators.

vivika1982
11-10-2011, 01:00 AM
The rules are simple and you don't miss a lot since the comments and the explanations about the scores from some of the judges are not always understandable and adequate and so far only T.Moskvina said the right things to each couple,keeping everything simple,short and professional without emotional and unessesary remarks.However, this is only MHO and i'll keep it for myself from now on, because as people say in my native country "Each frog should know its own pond the best" so i'll let you watch and decide for yourself.