PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, Week 6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

soxxy
10-24-2011, 09:33 PM
It's Broadway week, and the dances and shows are:

JR Martinez & Karina Smirnoff: Quickstep (Chicago)
Ricki Lake & Derek Hough: Quickstep (Guys & Dolls)
Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke: Cha cha (Jersey Boys)
Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus: Foxtrot
Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: Tango (Phantom of the Opera)
David Arquette & Kym Johnson: Quickstep (Grease)
Hope Solo & Maks Chmerkovskiy: Rumba (Rent)

JR you should do well with that music.

Ricki....I don't know the score.

Rob....I don't know the score.

Chaz....Lacey should go all out with choreo and costumes.

David....Could be way OTT

Hope....Not sure :confused:

Cheno (!) will sing both nights and there's a group dance.

Cheylana
10-24-2011, 10:12 PM
There's a group dance tonight? :scream:

skaternum
10-24-2011, 10:19 PM
I dread seeing Hope slaughter the rumba. JR is going to OWN that quickstep. I can't wait!!

Cheylana
10-24-2011, 10:22 PM
^ I think there's a reason that soxxy spoiler-tagged the dances for each couple. :)

danceronice
10-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Trying to think what song from Guys and Dolls that could be...Luck Be a Lady, if you tweak it...Sit Down You're Rockin' The Boat? I don't THINK (though I know the movie better than the show so I might be wrong) that any of the Kit-Kat Klub numbers are appropriate.

I fully expect POTO to be the title song (though I'd love to see them instead of tango try the paso arrangement, which is delightfully cheesy). I would pay money to see someone do something to "Point of No Return" instead, but no one ever does. (Please, lord, let it NOT be anything from "Love Never Dies", though I suppose that doesn't count as "Broadway" yet, does it?)

WindSpirit
10-25-2011, 12:15 AM
How do you vote on ABC's website? I can't find it. I imagine you have to register first?

Wyliefan
10-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Trying to think what song from Guys and Dolls that could be...Luck Be a Lady, if you tweak it...Sit Down You're Rockin' The Boat? I don't THINK (though I know the movie better than the show so I might be wrong) that any of the Kit-Kat Klub numbers are appropriate.

"Luck Be a Lady" would be my guess. It's probably the best-known song from that score.

(Please, lord, let it NOT be anything from "Love Never Dies", though I suppose that doesn't count as "Broadway" yet, does it?)

God willing, it never will!!

Cheylana
10-25-2011, 01:04 AM
Oh Lawd, Sister Act.
Why are they so glittery???

shan
10-25-2011, 01:05 AM
:eek: athe glittery costumes. This is freaky!

rfisher
10-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Sequined Love Nuns! Shade of Chris Moore.

danceronice
10-25-2011, 01:07 AM
How do you vote on ABC's website? I can't find it. I imagine you have to register first?

Yes. It's free, and you can do multiple accounts. (Not that I vote online because I've forgotten which e-mails I used and which password goes with which.)

God willing, it never will!!

Seriously, I was like "They're really doing a sequel to POTO? Awesome! It's Frederick Forsyth's "The Phantom of Manhattan"? WTH?"

Okay, so far...I am not inspired to see "Sister Act" on Broadway. (Also, was that "Two four six eight, time to transubstaniate?" If Tom Lehrer's still alive he should sue.)

my little pony
10-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Oh Lawd, Sister Act.
Why are they so glittery???

they are a french order /the trouble with angels]

danceronice
10-25-2011, 01:08 AM
Well, I psychically predict that Tristan and Nancy are either doing "Camelot" or they're doing "Spamalot."

Actually, the latter would all sorts of awesome. So it must be the former.

I suppose we should all just be happy they didn't go for the cheap-bordering-on-insulting idea of having JR dance to Phantom...

shan
10-25-2011, 01:09 AM
Aww we don't get a shot of the singers tonight. I always look forward to seeing lady with the weird headpiece.

I think Cheryl Burke stole Isabella Tobias's FD costume. :eek: at the open shirt/glittery bra!

danceronice
10-25-2011, 01:10 AM
Why is Hope wearing a 1970s macrame craft kit?