PDA

View Full Version : Weaver and Poje their time is now

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

skatingfan04
10-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Oh, that FD is just stunning. :D I had no idea what to expect when I heard the direction they were taking this year, but this is just so perfect. This early in the season, and you can already tell, this is the kind of program that captivates and casts a spell. It's something that W/P are oh so good at, and they've done it again. I really think this is going to take them so, so far this season. Wow.:swoon:

Marta24
10-06-2012, 06:36 PM
LOVE IT! I can't stop watching it. I think their score is good for so early in the season, they even had a few level 2's, so I am sure they can get over 100 points, when they hit all their levels.

~tapdancer~
10-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Beautiful FD. Can't wait to see this in more competition this year. They just keep on improving. I like their SD, too, it's just what the judges want to see despite the grumbling about it on here (not this thread). Personally as far as Canadian ice dance teams go, W/P and G/P are the ones that keep me interested. I just love their programs this year, both teams. Of course, I haven't seen all the teams yet! Didn't care for R/H's programs, though. Did like P/I, they look like they are back on track this year.

judgejudy27
10-06-2012, 07:35 PM
wow... amazingly beautiful. I hope this FD will give them bronze in London.

I actually think they could surprise and take the silver in London. I have a feeling Davis & White will lose even more ground to Virtue & Moir this year and fall back closer to the other contenders.

Shayii
10-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Their Nepela FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTtJAjOVJB8

Love! Love, love, and love!! It's like one of those so you think you can dance contemporary/lyrical programs translated on ice...so cool.

shutterbug
10-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Their Nepela FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTtJAjOVJB8

So, I am not an ice dance fan. Most FD's hold my attention for about 30 seconds. I watched this twice. Simply gorgeous. Is there a story behind the choreography?

l'etoile
10-06-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm sure I'm not alone on this. W/P's FD took my breathe away! They're so gonna have a great, great season!

Rafter
10-06-2012, 08:47 PM
I absolutely love W&Ps FD. It's really stunning and they skated it very well considering how early in the season it is. I won't be surprised if it's the most interesting FD we see this year. It's already more interesting that what we've seen of C&L, P&B etc.

As for the SD, I think there are too many music cuts, but I can see the potential in the program - especially the way it builds towards the end. I think the Canadian crowd at worlds will eat it up. Right now at this competition, it looked like they were thinking their way through it so the expression could be better. I also hope they get new costumes. Think they need something more dynamic to match the music.

kapriza
10-06-2012, 09:36 PM
So, I am not an ice dance fan. Most FD's hold my attention for about 30 seconds. I watched this twice. Simply gorgeous. Is there a story behind the choreography?
I don't know if I'm right but I've got an impression that she was a statue coming to life

bmcg
10-06-2012, 09:47 PM
I don't know if I'm right but I've got an impression that she was a statue coming to life

Similar to me. I imagined he was molding and manipulating her from clay. Her costume works for both our imaginations.

eta.. in some ways I don't want to know what they were thinking. I see it as art and it's what the viewer decides it is.

l'etoile
10-06-2012, 09:56 PM
People praise some half-done, first-outed ladies' programs as "masterpiece" already. And I'm thinking that masterpieces are more keen to programs like W/P's FD because they actually live with music and their movements are so heavenly. How can people move like that?! :swoon:

zilam98
10-06-2012, 11:03 PM
their FD music sounds familiar to me. did it get featured in a movie as a soundtrack? somehow, bits of it reminds me of an instrumental piece by the irish sibling group the corrs.

Debrah
10-06-2012, 11:25 PM
W&P FD gave me goosebumps (in a good way), just lovely and so totally the opposite from what they have done in the past, so showing how versatile they really are. Hope they have a fantastic season... I may be in the minority but I also enjoyed their SD, perhaps because I am such a huge fan of the sound of music, no it may not be their best or most memorable SD ever, but it is still a really good vehicle for them, and I rather like her simple blue dress, beats the monstrosity that Chock is wearing, talk about bad taste, so there; different strokes for different folks...

maggylyn
10-07-2012, 12:31 AM
I may be in the minority but I also enjoyed their SD, perhaps because I am such a huge fan of the sound of music, no it may not be their best or most memorable SD ever, but it is still a really good vehicle for them, and I rather like her simple blue dress, beats the monstrosity that Chock is wearing, talk about bad taste, so there; different strokes for different folks...

I agree, I think the SD is a good vehicle for them. I also like Kaitlyn's SD dress; it's perfect for this program.

rvi5
10-07-2012, 02:27 AM
their FD music sounds familiar to me. did it get featured in a movie as a soundtrack? somehow, bits of it reminds me of an instrumental piece by the irish sibling group the corrs.

It reminds me somewhat of the "Forbidden Friendship" song from the animated movie "How to train your dragon", only slower.

Piano version: www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgaMBcfsVeE

Movie version: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD2OBcBCywM