PDA

View Full Version : Weaver and Poje their time is now

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

aftershocks
04-15-2012, 03:59 AM
Yes, go Kaitlyn and Andrew! I am in love with this team. I also love D/W, and I enjoy watching so many of the teams. I hope Mitchell/ Islam and the Shibs will both come back strong next season.

A fan suggested Je Suis Malade? Perhaps W/P will listen to some of the music suggestions in this thread too. They have a great coaching team behind them.

Bournekraatzfan
04-15-2012, 05:52 AM
Wait - Isn't this the Weaver and Poje thread? I hope the fan who suggested "Je Suis Malade" has given him/herself many, many pats on the back. I have no idea how they can can beat the heat of that one, but I can hardly wait for next season. Go Kaitlyn and Andrew!!

I read that the fan who emailed them the suggestion was in the audience! He is from Latvia (Riga, I think) and travelled to Nice to watch them perform their FD. Can you imagine what an experience that must have been for him?

Bournekraatzfan
04-15-2012, 10:01 PM
For anyone who wanted more details on how Kaitlyn and Andrew's brilliant FD came to be:

http://apps.pjkwong.com/Blog/?e=70164&d=08/27/2011&s=Catching%20up%20With...Kaitlyn%20Weaver%20and%20 Andrew%20Poje

clarie
04-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks for posting that BKfan. I hadn't seen it before, but I have to admit that as pretty and attractive Kaitlyn is, I could not take my eyes from Andrew. Just goes to prove, an old lady can still admire youth and beauty :).........in a good way though.

Bournekraatzfan
04-16-2012, 04:45 AM
Thanks for posting that BKfan. I hadn't seen it before, but I have to admit that as pretty and attractive Kaitlyn is, I could not take my eyes from Andrew. Just goes to prove, an old lady can still admire youth and beauty :).........in a good way though.

That's understandable:)
You are so lucky to have met them in person. They seem like really lovely people.

Rafter
05-01-2012, 02:36 PM
W&P's new ex:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsslfmlTQvI

Does anyone know who choreographed this? Love this program. They have better exhibitions than V&M.:shuffle:

puglover
05-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Wow, I love that. I understand their other number is to Je Suis Malade. I will admit I hesitated buying tickets to SOI this year but changed my mind when I knew they were skating. They have really kick-butt material - their competitive programs were my favourite this year. Me thinks - they're on a roll.

PinkFeathers
05-01-2012, 08:48 PM
OMG that exhibition is amazeballs. They skate with such abandon. Plus, er, you know... his shirt being mostly open didn't hurt :shuffle:

pani
05-01-2012, 08:49 PM
W&P's new ex:

Does anyone know who choreographed this? Love this program. They have better exhibitions than V&M.:shuffle:

Its look like you love traditional russian style in ice dance. :)
This is funny - not russian team to use it, but canadians under Krylova - kudos to her! :)
W-P show a lot off theatrical face expressions, wich didnt look naturally for me. This look like Anjelica face expression in "Carmen" ;). And they use it in all programs during this season.
I must say i didnt like this exibition, because it show Keythlin posture not in good lights and this is sad. And overall in group numbers i could see how she is not so good like other girls (Joannie, Tessa) in skating.
But i love there FD this season (most because they used the song, wich i during long time want to see in ice dance) and happy Canada at least have a team, who are not boring and use music, wich people love :D
But i always prefer better skating to unnatural emothoins and even in 1998 i loved B-K FD most :D

Shayii
05-01-2012, 09:25 PM
W&P's new ex:

I think Shae-Lynn Bourne did it, I remember seeing it on twitter. And aww I know I'm not really keen on V/M's Ain't No Mountain High, but their Hallelujah is amazing!!

martyross
05-01-2012, 09:46 PM
mmh, Weaver-Poje are the "pop" team of the moment, a bit like Bourne & Kraatz in the past (: and while they're obviously very very good, i wonder if at times they get a bit overrated for some kind of reputation reason, i mean, for being always perceived as the underdogs, for choosing the "right" music and for being coached by the team who is currently challenging the overpower of the not-so-loved Shpilband/Zoueva. :) by no means i want to put down the couple saying this though :) also, not a fan of Bourne's choreographic style, because nowadays it's not "new" anymore, but it's probably a matter of taste.

Rafter
05-01-2012, 09:47 PM
I think Shae-Lynn Bourne did it, I remember seeing it on twitter. And aww I know I'm not really keen on V/M's Ain't No Mountain High, but their Hallelujah is amazing!!

I kinda wondered if it might have been Shae who did it. There were certain parts that looked very much like how she would skate/choreograph.

Pani, I don't know what you're talking about. This program doesn't look Russian at all to me.

Shayii, I agree that Hallelujah is great. The other one, not so much. :P

pani
05-01-2012, 09:48 PM
I like Bourne chore for Kiira Korpie this season.

martyross
05-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Pani, I don't know what you're talking about. This program doesn't look Russian at all to me.

i think with Russian she meant the flamboyant-modernish style of the 90's, but yes, actually it's the "rock" style of Bourne :)
well, an ex piece musn't be necessarily great like the competition ones (: they are done for the summer shows when the skaters don't want to spend many energies and rest a bit :)

pani
05-01-2012, 09:53 PM
I kinda wondered if it might have been Shae who did it. There were certain parts that looked very much like how she would skate/choreograph.

I am talking about overall W-P style- over top face expression and over top drama even in exibitions :D
But i agree - its matter of taste.
And isnt this is great this style retun again?
Its really interesting what will be next in Krylova group. She have two teams, who look very similar - W-P and H-D. And she have now 14 teams. So for me its question of the next seasin - could this group will be om top and show something fresh?
Honestly W-P made lifts, wich Shae-Lynn and Anjelika did ;) So i cant wait to see something new in next season from them. And will she improve her posture and skating? She did a lot of job, but need to do more for been on top.