PDA

View Full Version : Weaver and Poje their time is now

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Yukari Lepisto
04-05-2012, 09:49 PM
^^ Judges fav. I agree. Best team, hell no, I for one, think W/P are way better than V/M and more ice-dancy. There's this emotion and passion that V/M just lack, Tessa just smiles in all their programs.

But just watch, they won't win olympics again in Sochi, who will win i'm not sure though.

judgejudy27
04-05-2012, 09:51 PM
^^ Judges fav. I agree. Best team, hell no.

But just watch, they won't win olympics again in Sochi, who will win i'm not sure though.

Technically they might not be the best team anymore (Davis & White probably are now) but artistically they are definitely the strongest team at this point IMO. Who knows, maybe someone new would win in Sochi, and who knows if that would be Davis & White, a Russian team, or even Weaver & Poje (anyone but the Shibutanis, if that happens I think I will barf). I just dont agree the judges will not allow 3 NA teams or 2 Canadian teams on the podium. I could see either of those happening, especiay the latter. Especialy at Worlds in Canada next year.

Yukari Lepisto
04-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Technically they might not be the best team anymore (Davis & White probably are now) but artistically they are definitely the strongest team at this point IMO. Who knows, maybe someone new would win in Sochi, and who knows if that would be Davis & White, a Russian team, or even Weaver & Poje (anyone but the Shibutanis, if that happens I think I will barf). I just dont agree the judges will not allow 3 NA teams or 2 Canadian teams on the podium. I could see either of those happening, especiay the latter. Especialy at Worlds in Canada next year.

I seriously don't understand how V/M are the most artistic team, as Tessa just smiles in all their program. while team like W/P bring out the raw emotions and passion. how is that nor better artistically? and bring people to tears with their programs.

judgejudy27
04-05-2012, 09:56 PM
I seriously don't understand how V/M are the most artistic team, as Tessa just smiles in all their program. while team like W/P bring out the raw emotions and passion. how is that nor better artistically? and bring people to tears with their programs.

OK let me reword myself. Between Virtue & Moir and Davis & White I think D&W have surpassed V&M technically (even though the scores dont really reflect that) but V&M are still stronger than D&W artistically. I agree that Weaver & Poje probably had the artistically best programs and performances of all the teams at Worlds, but predictably werent really rewarded for it. With Worlds in Ontario next year I dont see how they cant be if they skate as well and keep improving though, atleast enough to get a medal.

Yukari Lepisto
04-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Well I certainly hope you're right about them on the podium next year! However, i still think being Canadian #2 plays a major factor. If they were canadian #1 this year, they'd be on the podium for sure. as many thought they should've placed ahead of P/B anyways. Of course home crowd played a huge factor, but being canadian #2 also a big factor. IMO

Remember D/W at 2009 worlds? That worlds was in USA. i think you get my point. :)

martyross
04-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Tiers - art. Smile - not art. Yuk!

martyross
04-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Btw, funny face has three different sections,which means three different smiles.Actually the variety is even bigger. But i understand that people prefers grieving rather than smiling:D

Proustable
04-06-2012, 01:21 AM
How is smiling inartistic?

skatingfan04
04-06-2012, 02:31 AM
I adore W/P as much as anyone, but saying they're better than V/M is just silly. And Tessa didn't smile through Farracus. Or Mahler. Or Hip Hip Chin Chin.

walei
04-06-2012, 02:43 AM
Also I don't get why people think D/W surpassed V/M technically when three out of three competitions they lost to V/M in TES. Ability to appear skating fast is not really technically superior.

Golightly
04-06-2012, 03:21 AM
Btw, funny face has three different sections,which means three different smiles.

:lol:

It's three different characters, too, much like, say, Anna Torv in Fringe. :D That from the chin up, from the chin down, there are also arms which move and finger groupings and free leg extensions, etc. I am sure Tessa has nothing to do with any of this. They move on their own while she's merely there, smiling.

skatingfan04
04-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Also I don't get why people think D/W surpassed V/M technically when three out of three competitions they lost to V/M in TES. Ability to appear skating fast is not really technically superior.

Lol it has it's benefits, though. Sometimes D/W skate so fast it's almost impossible to tell how sloppy they are. It's a good thing the judges in Nice saw through that one. ;)

maggylyn
04-07-2012, 04:32 AM
This is a Weaver/Poje thread. :)

Getting back to W/P. I like them a lot! Every year they've shown great improvement and I would love for them to be on the podium at Worlds 2013.

Twilight1
04-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Was listening to the soundtrack of Love Never Dies and heard this and immediately thought of Weaver & Poje.

It is the 'Coney Island Waltz' and would be pretty cool used with a polka for their SD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgSQDBrDbKk

I rewatched the FD's from World's and W&P's FD is definitely my favourite of this season, followed by P&B.

I really hope they are on the podium in London. I am so there for the FD. Gotta get in touch with my best friend's family to stay at their place but so excited that I will finally be able to see a World Championship live.

Would love to see W&P & V&M on the podium together there.

pingu
04-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Today is Kaitlyn's birthday, Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!!!! :)