PDA

View Full Version : Weaver and Poje their time is now

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Sylvia
10-27-2011, 06:03 AM
I believe their FD is to Je Suis Malade
Yes, more info here: http://apps.pjkwong.com/blog/?e=70164&d=08/27/2011&s=Catching%20up%20With...Kaitlyn%20Weaver%20and%20 Andrew%20Poje

Article from early July that was posted originally in GSD: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110706&content_id=21484772&vkey=ice_news

Pratfall
10-27-2011, 06:05 AM
:)It's for sure I'll be on skatebuzz to watch the practices tomorrow.Knock 'em dead W/P !:)

inthemiddle
10-27-2011, 08:49 PM
:cheer2: W/P for gold at SC !:P :cheer2:

Athena
10-27-2011, 08:52 PM
I feel very sorry for P/B, but SC is W/P's opportunity to shine, wish them luck!

jl22aries
10-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Whoa that SD is HOT. They're hitting certain notes with super fierceness.

nlyoung
10-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Whoa that SD is HOT. They're hitting certain notes with super fierceness.

My feed froze in the middle so I guess I missed the best part. I liked the beginning, but the ending just seemed meh... I'll have to revisit my opinion once I see the whole thing...

Shayii
10-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Did she cut her hair? It looked a lot shorter from last year.

Pratfall
10-27-2011, 11:34 PM
oh, call the fire department !:swoon:

They're so good looking anyway, but once again, Kaitlyn's dress is perfection for what they're doing. R-r-row-r-r-r ! I think they just dispensed with the use of any switches, etc., for her hair.. can't come loose to distract anyone.

Looks like an excellent dance. Can't wait.

sequins
10-30-2011, 05:37 PM
I loved their SD! They look so confident and prepared this season. Can't wait to see their FD.

sequins
10-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Opinions on the FD. At first I didnt care for it. Then towards the end I could certainly see the potential and I agreed with Tracy when she said it could be their best work ever. That damn uplifting rule can we do way with that please. It`s like every ice dancer now has to justify their program and explain why it is uplifting just to try to save their butts with the judges I guess:rolleyes:. It`s a crazy, ridiculous rule, one season fine, but enough is enough. On that note this program isn`t really uplifting but it`s nice and it has the chance to be great and it deserves to be seen.

Oh and cheers to W&P for thei Scott & Tessa cheering! Cute.

clarie
10-31-2011, 10:16 PM
I just thought I'd add that I really liked their SD costumes......her's especially was gorgeous and she was a knock-out in it. I don't know how it televised, but in person both costumes were awsome................as well as their SD, now that was a real treat.:)

dinakt
11-01-2011, 03:51 AM
Opinions on the FD. At first I didnt care for it. Then towards the end I could certainly see the potential and I agreed with Tracy when she said it could be their best work ever. That damn uplifting rule can we do way with that please. It`s like every ice dancer now has to justify their program and explain why it is uplifting just to try to save their butts with the judges I guess:rolleyes:. It`s a crazy, ridiculous rule, one season fine, but enough is enough. On that note this program isn`t really uplifting but it`s nice and it has the chance to be great and it deserves to be seen.

Oh and cheers to W&P for thei Scott & Tessa cheering! Cute.

I am torn.
I am not that thrilled about the music cuts, but understand that they are the way they are to fulfil all the rules ( beat, change of tempo etc)
I think temperamentally the FD is a perfect fit, but there's much work to be done technically.
One of the things I really appreciate about W/P is that they truly relate to each other on ice; another is that they clearly connect music with emotion very early in the working process, on a primary level, rather than bringing in the emotion later when all the technical stuff is secure. All that makes them very appealing and interesting to me, and I believe in them.

skatingfan04
11-02-2011, 02:07 AM
I was in the arena when they skated. It was simply amazing. :eek: Honestly, their passion and chemistry was absolutely captivating. It really didn't come across on TV at all. The program is a real departure for them, but it was beautiful. I think that it can really take them places this season.

Tak
11-02-2011, 02:17 AM
I was in the arena when they skated. It was simply amazing. :eek: Honestly, their passion and chemistry was absolutely captivating. It really didn't come across on TV at all. .

That is often the way in Ice Dance :( It's unfortunate, but to really appreciate the full impact of a program, you often have to see it live. You were very lucky you got the chance to go.

Im waiting to see this on TV [not my computer screen]. I think it's light years better than Moulin Rouge, but some people thought the music annoying. I couldnt really tell - it was very muted in the vid.

I think this is a style that suits them well and I agree they are making a genuine emotional connection with the music and with each other. Obviously they need to perfect the performance part, but for this early in the season, the program looks very good.

Bournekraatzfan
11-02-2011, 05:47 AM
One of the things I really appreciate about W/P is that they truly relate to each other on ice; another is that they clearly connect music with emotion very early in the working process, on a primary level, rather than bringing in the emotion later when all the technical stuff is secure. All that makes them very appealing and interesting to me, and I believe in them.

YES! That is something I find so special about this team. This is why I always enjoy their exhibition numbers.

I love their FD and think it is a perfect vehicle for them. I love seeing them skate it with so much conviction. They just seem a lot more confident this season, and with that confidence, all kinds of things become possible.