PDA

View Full Version : Weaver and Poje their time is now

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

jl22aries
03-30-2012, 05:11 AM
Here's the Brit Eurosport FD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbiC0GXkj1Y&feature=g-all-u&context=G23ab937FAAAAAAAABAA

Macassar88
03-30-2012, 06:11 AM
I wonder what they will do next year. I think that Malade would have worked really well in contrast to the Yankee Polka SD (BLEGH) but I don't want them to repeat it. Maybe they could try something classical? Or they could go with a crazy all percussion dance like Krylova and Ovsiannikov did! :eek:

PashaFan
03-30-2012, 11:12 AM
I came on this thread to say how happy I am for W/P. But did not expect to see such a negative reaction to Nathalie & Fabians bronze.
Maybe some of you should be more like Kaitlyn & be happy for them instead of saying it's a home-country medal.
Will you be saying that next year if W/P get a medal?.
But I really am happy for them. I've loved their free all season. Kaitlyn seems like a classy girl :respec:

4rkidz
03-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Weaver and Poje program really moved me emotionally - I remember Andrew having to skate by himself in KW when he didn't have a partner and look at him now :) I think these two will continue to train and work hard hard and the timing for Sochi will be perfect.. Great job!

judgejudy27
03-30-2012, 02:03 PM
I think next year Weaver & Poje might move up to a silver or bronze at Worlds. They really are improving fast.

Twizzler
03-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Haven't seem the performance yet, but I was wondering what happened to Kaitlyn's knee. In the FD pic on ice network, it looks like she cut it pretty badly.

clarie
03-30-2012, 05:55 PM
I heard she stated that the ice was rough. I think it was more of a scrape than a cut, but it really started bleeding at the end of their program where she travels on her knee for the final pose. That was the most emotionally charged FD I have ever seen, and like Krylova, I had a tear in my eye.

leafygreens
03-30-2012, 08:06 PM
W/P were ***ok*** but not as great as everyone is saying. I can't help but wonder if their music is so over-dramatic, that it makes them seem better than they are? It really is powerful music, but are they as powerful skaters as the music? Not so much.

professordeb
03-30-2012, 08:11 PM
W/P were ***ok*** but not as great as everyone is saying. I can't help but wonder if their music is so over-dramatic, that it makes them seem better than they are? It really is powerful music, but are they as powerful skaters as the music? Not so much.

:rolleyes:
W/P were more than OK and the judges deemed it so. Sorry you don't appear to be of the same opinion. If you want to speak about couples using the music to drive their skating and the reaction to it, you could say the same thing about D/W who also used music that carried them.

Really, what IS it about some posters who insist on coming into "uber" threads just so they can post their negative opinions.:blah:

Rafter
03-30-2012, 08:13 PM

I could argue the same about D&W and DF. :shuffle:

Anyway, you're sounding very bitter leafy. Guess you had a bad couple days? :lol:

annie_mg
03-30-2012, 10:31 PM
I have been waiting for a couple that can move me as much as W/P did last night to come along for so many years! I don't think I was moved so much since Marina and Gwendal (and that says A LOT). The first thing I need to see in a couple to love them is chemistry and passion. And they definitely have that. I'm with them 100%. Their FD was my favourite moment of the championships so far!

victoriajh
03-31-2012, 12:21 AM

Seriously? I have watched it several times already, it brought the ice queen herself to tears!!!!!

I was so impressed with them. Easily the skate of night for me
I only wished they were the bronze winners...

Rafter
03-31-2012, 12:28 AM
Weaver and Poje had the skate of the night for me too. Loved it.

Kaitlyn is really improving which is nice to see. I thought she looked down in her knees more yesterday than I've seen her before. There are times when she can use more stretch in her free leg and I'm sure Krylova will continue to work on that. Andrew is so great and such a steady partner. I loved their circ footwork sequence. It had such deep edges and great flow.

Very curious to see what Camerlengo gives them next year. I hope they will have great material again!

dinakt
03-31-2012, 12:57 AM
My favorite performance of the competition.
The more I watch them, the more I love them.
I want them so badly to end up on a World's podium. I will be tricky, but they are so expressive. It's not that they are so pretty (though they are), but that they are so completely sincere in their musical expression. They and their coaches are a match made in heaven.

maggylyn
03-31-2012, 02:27 AM
They and their coaches are a match made in heaven.

I think so too.

W/P just keep getting better and better. I really hope they make it to the World podium some day.