PDA

View Full Version : Weaver and Poje their time is now

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Pratfall
02-14-2012, 03:00 AM
Bkfan...That needed to be said.:respec: I've felt it was a bit disingenuous when , e.g. , Tracy Wilson said how improved they were this season ( as if they'd been stagnating , until now ) , when IMO they've improved every year they've been together. They've always had a good work ethic , and been eager to address any problems .

Bravo to them and may it bring them success at World's.

Rafter
02-14-2012, 04:31 AM
Great skate by Kaitlyn and Andrew yesterday. Very happy for them. They are getting so close to that 100 mark score in the FD. Hope they get it at worlds.

Proustable
02-14-2012, 04:51 AM
Bkfan...That needed to be said.:respec: I've felt it was a bit disingenuous when , e.g. , Tracy Wilson said how improved they were this season ( as if they'd been stagnating , until now ) , when IMO they've improved every year they've been together. They've always had a good work ethic , and been eager to address any problems .

Bravo to them and may it bring them success at World's.

I don't mean to dismiss their improvements in the past, but ... there's a reason this thread is titled "Their time is now." Whatever improvements they've made on a year basis have been eclipsed by the improvements they made THIS year.

Belbin: "Sometimes all you need is to realize that the door is open to have confidence to take it to the next level"

She said this during the Universal Sports coverage of 4CC, and I think it's particularly apt. There had to have been a feeling of also-ran vs Crone/Porier in Canada with all those close losses. That fifth place finish at Worlds I think had to be a HUGE boost in their confidence for them. The realization that if they did take it to the next level, that it would be rewarded.

And it is. Their SD works for them (indeed, for it to work, they need to project a great deal of confidence) and their FD is simply one of the season's masterpieces. The scores they are getting have been quite high and I don't think they've peaked with either program.

Pratfall
02-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Oh, I agree ... you've been able to feel the momentum building around them all year( in their marks , in their performances , in the way audiences everywhere have recieved them ). And the ignition was at last year's World's.. (at the time , I thought , good as it was , they were a little undermarked in the SD )..but hey , without a doubt , it's been sweet.

And the kind of confidence they've exuded all year was exactly what I'd hoped they'd gain after World's.

If I seemed to be whinging , above ;) it's just the lingering resentment that their past noticeable improvements were often not remarked .

I guess that's behind them now :lol: ..for good , I hope.

ETA: I loved Kaitlyn's response to aspiring skaters in the Q&A ...Don't stop believing in yourself...anything is possible... It's not over ( 'til the fat lady sings ).. Tells you where they've been.

Lissa
02-14-2012, 08:09 PM
I think they have the best FD of the season of all teams imo:D

Also wondering if they are an off ice couple too, I read someone said they believe they are but others said they have stated they are platonic friends, Andrew is a total doll omg:P

elle123
02-14-2012, 08:59 PM
I think they have the best FD of the season of all teams imo:D

Also wondering if they are an off ice couple too, I read someone said they believe they are but others said they have stated they are platonic friends, Andrew is a total doll omg:P

They said in an interview that they share an apartment in Detroit platonically but you never know.

Sylvia
03-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Weaver/Poje held a pre-Worlds teleconference earlier today - article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120319&content_id=27410798&vkey=ice_news

JasperBoy
03-19-2012, 10:10 PM
They said in an interview that they share an apartment in Detroit platonically but you never know.

Maybe Kaitlyn has built up an immunity to Andrew's good looks. She is probably the only woman in the arena who doesn't moan when he gyrates at the beginning of this year's SP.;):swoon::psoty::grope:

leafygreens
03-19-2012, 11:31 PM

They also go traveling together, and visit each others' families, and buy Christmas presents together... platonically, of course.

NorthernDancers
03-20-2012, 12:46 AM
They also go traveling together, and visit each others' families, and buy Christmas presents together... platonically, of course.

:rofl: :lol:

elle123
03-20-2012, 01:29 AM
Looking forward to the battle for bronze! Hopefully Nathalie is able to compete or else it won't be the same.

Macassar88
03-28-2012, 03:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE8LeEjTts8&feature=relmfu
At around 36 37 seconds in, I see a blonde woman in a gray sparkly dress talking to someone who looks like Pasquale Camerlengo. Any chance that Kaitlyn has a new dress for worlds?

NarumiAyane
03-28-2012, 03:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE8LeEjTts8&feature=relmfu
At around 36 37 seconds in, I see a blonde woman in a gray sparkly dress talking to someone who looks like Pasquale Camerlengo. Any chance that Kaitlyn has a new dress for worlds?

That's Madison Hubbell in her SD dress

bluestocking
03-29-2012, 01:58 AM
Does anyone know why WP skated in the 4th flight rather than the final flight? They've finished higher than the Shibs or IK this year, and yet those 2 teams were in the final flight.

oleada
03-29-2012, 01:59 AM
Does anyone know why WP skated in the 4th flight rather than the final flight? They've finished higher than the Shibs or IK this year, and yet those 2 teams were in the final flight.
The top 10 teams draw for the last 10 spots. So they can skate in either of the last 2 groups.