PDA

View Full Version : Difficult or Effortless?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

briancoogaert
10-20-2011, 08:46 PM
...and Robin Cousins, amazing flow and ease
Oh yesssssssssssssss

Proustable
10-21-2011, 01:50 AM
Plushenko's quad toe always looked effortless, so the difficulty was underestimated.

I would add Yuka Sato's footwork and B&S's connecting moves (too many to list here) looked so effortless that they were considered easy.

Ooh, love the mention of B/S' transitions.

Chan may be inconsistent, but "Take Five" at Worlds was the textbook definition of effortless.

I think Virtue/Moir fit this too.

RumbleFish
10-21-2011, 02:32 AM
With all due respect to Japanese skaters, I find it interesting how they (eventually) win the boards though they never win polls. :P

calbskate
10-21-2011, 04:01 AM
I agree with butyrskaya making it seem difficult to skate for most of the time when she was competing...but somehow she's one of my favorite skaters and her short program at 2000 worlds is still my favorite short program of the ladies...somehow she made that specific program seem effortless...miss her!

bardtoob
10-21-2011, 04:36 AM
When skaters reach the level where their moves look "effortless"; the difficulty of what they do isn't always appreciated.

As in Kwan performing year after year in a way rarely seen today to only be called lazy ...

skatesindreams
10-21-2011, 03:31 PM
^^^
This!

clarie
10-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Virtue and Moir. I was surprised how fast they were but made it look to smooth easy and effortless.

The Accordion
10-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Virtue and Moir. I was surprised how fast they were but made it look to smooth easy and effortless.

They also have an ease with one another that comes with the amount of time they have skated together. I appreciate this kind of ease from many longstanding partnerships.

os168
10-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Master of anything require the greatest difficulties done effortlessly, then achieve the easier elements simply, purely, often with some aspect of signatured originality that makes the choreography the performer's own.

From the Brits present: John Curry, Robin Cousins, Torville and Dean doing the Bolero....enough said :)