PDA

View Full Version : RISE BLU-RAY/DVD

Pages : 1 [2]

colinmom71
10-29-2011, 11:33 PM
So sorry that happened AJ Skatefan!

I'm now watching the 1961 Nationals DVD and I've been cracking up at the old ads for beer and cigarettes they've included! One even features a pair of skaters lighting up on ice... :rofl:

Oh, and Dick Button has always been a chatterbox.

Lynn226
11-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm watching 1961 Nats now. It took about 10 days for my DVDs to arrive. I love the cards the judges hold up to announce the scores.

Lacey
11-02-2011, 03:30 AM
And many times, the judges would put up the scores backwards, say 3.5 instead of 5.3.

paskatefan
11-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Still waiting for delivery of both DVDs. A friend of mine ordered it a little earlier, and received a gorgeous 5x7 pic of the skaters who were part of the gala premiere (Scott, Dorothy, Brian B., Peggy, and Michelle).

Frau Muller
11-03-2011, 02:16 PM
I got my 2-DVD set last Saturday and watched over the weekend. I'm thoroughly delighted with both, although I'm a bit sorry that the main DVD doesn't include 'extra' documentary segments on the members of the '61 team who were not featured in the film...which is the majority. If memory serves, there had been discussion on this forum last March that we'd be getting 'extras' of documentary segments that had been prepared on lesser-known members of the team. Instead, all of the 'extras' are of current stars sitting around the table talking about themselves.

At least we get to see most of the members of the '61 team in the DVD of the '61 Nationals telecast...but that means that we missed one Pair (the Hickoxes) and one Ice Dance couple (the Dineens), who were 'chacked' from the telecast. Shame that other unofficial existing film clips of those two teams couldn't have been added to the DVD.

peibeck
11-03-2011, 03:08 PM
At least we get to see most of the members of the '61 team in the DVD of the '61 Nationals telecast...but that means that we missed one Pair (the Hickoxes) and one Ice Dance couple (the Dineens), who were 'chacked' from the telecast. Shame that other unofficial existing film clips of those two teams couldn't have been added to the DVD.

It's possible because they were "chacked" that the footage no longer exists. The existing telecast was probably the only thing archived. :(

Frau Muller
11-03-2011, 03:49 PM
It's possible because they were "chacked" that the footage no longer exists. The existing telecast was probably the only thing archived. :(

Peibeck, that is indeed the reason why they are not in the telecast...but the programs of the Dinees and Hickoxes indeed exist & are available on YouTube, filmed at some other event that season, North Ams, I think. That's what I meant: to include the performances of those 2 couples, as filmed by someone else.

BackOnTheIce
11-03-2011, 09:58 PM
I got my 2-DVD set last Saturday and watched over the weekend. I'm thoroughly delighted with both, although I'm a bit sorry that the main DVD doesn't include 'extra' documentary segments on the members of the '61 team who were not featured in the film...which is the majority

I find the "extras" sorely lacking.

Poggi
11-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Does anyone know if there is a region code on the DVD or if it's region-free? I keep asking on the USFSA facebook site whenever they advertise it, but they just don't answer.

FigureSpins
11-04-2011, 02:35 AM
A Ten Mayflower rep says it's open region, so you can play it anywhere.

http://skatingforums2.com/index.php/topic,432.msg24480.html#msg24480

paskatefan
11-05-2011, 10:09 AM
My package with both DVDs arrived yesterday! We'll watch them during the week, in between GP coverage (trying to stay "unspoiled" in the meantime).

FSWer
11-26-2011, 04:00 PM
HEY!!!!!!!!! YA ALL!!!! I jumped right for it when I saw the ad!!!! If you can OWN a COPY of FIGURE-SKATING'S-TV. DAVIEW (sorry,I know that's wrong) on DVD...after SIXTY YEARS!!!! consider yourself....LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I,d sure love to know were they FOUND THAT!!!!

FSWer
11-27-2011, 02:18 AM
Grrrr, I went to the Rise party at Skate America and got the dvd there. I came home and can't find it anywhere in my luggage. I called the hotel and they didn't have it either. They even went up to the room and looked again for me while I stayed on the line. I'm super annoyed at myself for not looking after it better!

Did you have them search the Maids?