PDA

View Full Version : Skating through time DVD set

Vash01
10-16-2011, 06:45 PM
I am not sure if this belongs here or in Beaten Track. Admin, please move it if this is the wrong place for this.

I had bought a 3-DVD set of 'Skating through time' a few years ago. It has great performances from the US Nationals over several decades (ex: Dorothy Hamill, John Misha Petkevich, Tonya Harding, Sasha Cohen, Michelle Kwan, Starbuck & Shelley, etc.).

Oddly, I never even opened this set. It still has the orignial plastic cover on.

I am trying to get rid of as much of my stuff as possible, because I am just tired of seeing it sit around my house. (I will do the same thing to my VHS tapes after I copy the programs to DVD, but those are likely to be given away for free, with just postage covered- don't expect it for the next 3 months at least).

I would like to sell the 3-DVD set to a FS fan for a reasonable price plus postage (I paid $30 I think).

Please PM me with an offer if you are interested in buying. I am not in a hurry to sell it, and if I feel the offer is too low, I may not sell it at all. Afterall, some day :lol: I may have the time to watch all my skating tapes. It could be a long wait.:lol:

paskatefan
10-16-2011, 08:29 PM
I have this collection, and it's amazing, IMHO. If you do decide to sell it, try to watch at least part of it before you do!

floskate
10-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Don't sell it, unwrap the DVD's make a coffee and watch them. They are WONDERFUL!!

skatesindreams
10-16-2011, 09:03 PM
^^^
This!
The performances are in the best quality available, also.

FigureSpins
10-18-2011, 02:14 PM
It is a great collection of skating videos and being able to easily stop/rewind makes it even more enjoyable. Best of all, no commentary, iirc?

Vash01
10-18-2011, 05:52 PM
I took everyone's advice and started watching the first volume of the set last night. I am about half way through, and it does look very good. The picture quality is really good. I will watch the whole set and then decide if I want to sell it or not. There are so many things in my house that one small set of DVDs is not going to make a difference (like infinity plus one:lol:). So there is a good chance I may hold on to them for sometime, until I no longer have the desire to watch those programs.

Thanks to all for encouraging me to unwrap those DVDs and watch them. I don't know why I waited for so long.:)- very uncharacteristic of a true figure skating fan. :lol

Vash01
10-22-2011, 08:02 AM
I finished watching the first two parts of the set. I will watch part 3 after Skate America is over, but I am glad that I took everyone's advice and decided to watch them. So far the programs I really enjoyed were- Rudy Galindo's win at the 1996 nationals and Paul Wylie's 1990 US nationals LP. He was so good even then. After his Olympic silver medal he really put together everything he already had and really established himself. I had watched Michelle's 1998 LP too many times on my tapes to feel it was something rare (although it was a great performance). I am really looking forward to watching (in part 3) John Misha Petkevich and Starbuck-Shelley because I never saw anything longer than a few seconds long clips of their skating.

paskatefan
10-22-2011, 12:59 PM
So glad you're enjoying them. This set is a treasure! :)

skatesindreams
10-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Great! You have more treats in store.