PDA

View Full Version : Which overused music (pick 3) would you like to see banned from FS competitions?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Vash01
10-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Here is a negative sounding poll, but unless some of the overused music is banned from FS competitions, skaters will continue to use it, just to play it safe.

Which THREE should be banned?

Sorry, 'all of the above' is not an option.:lol:

Tak
10-15-2011, 10:30 AM
How about "none of the above" then. :P

I love classical music and I think it relates well to skating programs - most of my favorite programs have used classical music from Bolero to Carmina Burana, or classical-sounding music like MITIM or Schindler's List. I would not like to see ANY of them banned.

However, I could certainly do without ever hearing Requiem for a Dream again.

Jaana
10-15-2011, 10:41 AM
None.

SmallFairy
10-15-2011, 11:00 AM
actually, I feel it's not Tchaikovski's Romeo & Juliet that is overused, it's Nino Rota's....

wustfan
10-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Tosca! I hate Tosca! It makes my ears bleed!

paskatefan
10-15-2011, 11:11 AM

I love classical music and I think it relates well to skating programs - most of my favorite programs have used classical music from Bolero to Carmina Burana, or classical-sounding music like MITIM or Schindler's List. I would not like to see ANY of them banned.

None of the above as an option

briancoogaert
10-15-2011, 12:30 PM
From the list, I like every music, and I think it can be really good for good skaterS.
I usually don't like those musics for young skaters.

For senior skaters, I have much more difficulties with overused elevator music, such as Otonal. :)

mia joy
10-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Requiem for a Dream and the Adagio.

VarBar
10-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Carmen please, and Carmina Burana.:scream:

emason
10-15-2011, 01:20 PM
actually, I feel it's not Tchaikovski's Romeo & Juliet that is overused, it's Nino Rota's....

I'd say it's neither, but Prokofiev, actually.

In any case, top of my hit list is The Feeling Begins - please, a respite from this for at least a season.

Moka-Ananas
10-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Blues for Klook :scream: I just hate it!

Vash01
10-15-2011, 05:16 PM
I like all of the music I listed. The only one I really would like to see banned is Carmen. It's a great music for skating, but enough is enough. For me, Turandot and Malaguena are both close second/third.

I want skaters to explore and find new music that is good for skating and suits them. I am OK with them using many of the pieces I listed. Really, Carmen is the only one I absolutely don't want to see a skater use again, or may be place a 5 year ban on it, so that it may appear a little fresh again.

Vash01
10-15-2011, 05:19 PM

However, I could certainly do without ever hearing Requiem for a Dream again.

I didn't think about it, but it would have been appropriate as an option.

I too love classical music and I don't have a problem with skaters using many of the well known classical pieces, as long as we see some new music coming to surface, and it does not necessarily mean non-classical. There is plenty of classical music that has not yet been used for skating.

JJH
10-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Ave Maria

query5
10-15-2011, 07:39 PM
i don't know which to vote for.
some might be overused, but it depends on who and how they skate to it.