PDA

View Full Version : Which overused music (pick 3) would you like to see banned from FS competitions?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Jasmar
10-16-2011, 03:13 AM
I put in all three votes for Phantom of the Opera.

Maofan7
10-16-2011, 03:19 AM
Without a doubt - Carmen. Katarina Witt did the definitive version and its been overused ever since.

ChelleC
10-16-2011, 04:19 AM
Carmen. I actually like the other ones.

mgobluegirl
10-16-2011, 04:20 AM
I could do without "Somewhere in Time" for a long time. And "Chicago".

shan
10-16-2011, 04:36 AM
Turandot is my number 1 choice. I got burned out on it when Meno/Sand skated to it for a number of seasons.

DimaToe
10-16-2011, 04:56 AM
How is Requiem for a Dream not on here?? I vote to triple ban it, that's how tired of it I am :lynch:

dinakt
10-16-2011, 06:55 AM
It's "Tosca" for me. Yet another "E Lucevan le Stelle" gives me a toothache. There's plenty of other great music to mix in from the opera though, should one wish to do so.
But even more so, there should be a "Requiem for a Dream" category. I'd happily vote to ban it for a five- year period.

Aussie Willy
10-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Phantom of the Opera I am totally over.

Bunny Hop
10-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Masquerade Waltz. I used to love it, but after the last couple of years I'd happily not hear it again for a long time (doesn't help that a girl at our rink is using it so I hear it at least twice a week at the moment).

And I hope to heck I don't ending up hating Swan Lake after this coming season. It's my favourite music, and I don't want to dislike it (it's also being used by a young girl at the rink - young enough that I presume she hasn't actually seen Black Swan!).

briancoogaert
10-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Masquerade Waltz. I used to love it, but after the last couple of years I'd happily not hear it again for a long time (doesn't help that a girl at our rink is using it so I hear it at least twice a week at the moment).

And I hope to heck I don't ending up hating Swan Lake after this coming season. It's my favourite music, and I don't want to dislike it (it's also being used by a young girl at the rink - young enough that I presume she hasn't actually seen Black Swan!).
:wuzrobbed
I love Masquerade Waltz and I'm so happy when we practice to this music :)

Reuven
10-18-2011, 12:26 AM
Carmen, Swan Lake and Tosca. The rest of them, too.

Add me to the Luurves Masquerade Waltz list.

Frau Muller
10-18-2011, 05:46 AM
Blues for Klook :scream: I just hate it!

Me too! That and 'The Feeling Begins' are my equivalent of being water-boarded. As a 3rd option for torture, I'd add the Nino Rota 'Romeo & Juliet' film score ("A Time for Us"), though it's not as grating as the first two.

kwanatic
10-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Carmen is my number one for obvious reasons; it's like the most used piece of music in figure skating history!

The overuse of Scheherazade has reached it's peak. I'm really sick of hearing it.

To be honest, those are the only two I wouldn't mind ever hearing again...I can deal with the rest.

merrywidow
10-18-2011, 05:46 PM
None should be banned. It's a good way, IMO, to compare past & present skaters & their choreographers.

Vash01
10-18-2011, 05:55 PM
This is really funny. I was so sure that at least Carmen should be banned. Last night I watched Debbie Thomas's skate to Carmen at the US nationals, and I thought, this is really great music for figure skating! Now I am confused- to ban or not to ban? :lol: