PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite 'The feeling begins'

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Coco
10-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Jill should get points for being the first to use the music. Was this Dean's influence?

briancoogaert
10-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Jill should get points for being the first to use the music. Was this Dean's influence?
I think Engy and Toth were the first, since they used it for the 1991/1992 season, and Jill Trenary used it after she turned professional in 1992.

Cherub721
10-16-2011, 05:50 PM
I think Engy and Toth were the first, since they used it for the 1991/1992 season, and Jill Trenary used it after she turned professional in 1992.

Surya Bonaly used it in 1990, in a medley with a bunch of other pieces: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MWZYAH-nNs

robinhood
10-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Here it is:

Grishuk Platov Euros 97 FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5zK32mEFfk&feature=related

Who choreographed this? I think it's one of my favourite dance programs of all time...

IceAlisa
10-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Michelle had many great performances of TFB, but I think this one, at 2003 Worlds, is the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyP-btcvBOA

Talk about fierce!

Exactly. No other skater to date was able to match this "I am woman, hear me roar" power that MK exhibited in that program. Truly, a woman among girls. I liked how she stayed in character well through the final pose and then let go of the fierce persona and broke into a smile. Just awesome.

Cherub721
10-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Who choreographed this? I think it's one of my favourite dance programs of all time...

That's actually an excellent question :rofl: G&P debuted TFB at Euros after moving to Tarasova, but Linichuk claimed that she had done the choreography before they left. IIRC Grishuk was saying that Linichuk & Karponosov were favoring K&O and that G&P had really done most of the choreography themselves. There was a lawsuit involved at some point because of that plus coaching fees that G&P owed L&K. I don't know if/how it was ever resolved.

briancoogaert
10-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Surya Bonaly used it in 1990, in a medley with a bunch of other pieces: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MWZYAH-nNs
Surya gave so much to figure skating !

That's actually an excellent question :rofl: G&P debuted TFB at Euros after moving to Tarasova, but Linichuk claimed that she had done the choreography before they left. IIRC Grishuk was saying that Linichuk & Karponosov were favoring K&O and that G&P had really done most of the choreography themselves. There was a lawsuit involved at some point because of that plus coaching fees that G&P owed L&K. I don't know if/how it was ever resolved.
I heard the same about G&P choreographing this themselves.

robinhood
10-17-2011, 10:35 AM

:lol:thanks! Just to check out, did Linichuk & Karponosov choreographed any other masterpiece? Maybe they put the idea of the program, but I don't ever recall a good program of theirs.
I think I'll trust :GnP1: even knowing the dramaqueen she was!

Jaana
10-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Considering that this is a short program skated at US Nationals, it is really good, in my opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXc2s4snVRA Lysacek

It is very different to skate to this music in a show or pro competition.

judgejudy27
10-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Gritschuk & Platov's skated to its maximum was far superior to Michelle Kwan's IMO. Michelle's was also very good, but G&P left me more feeling of owning that music totally. Michelle wins every poll she is on here though. :lol: I never saw Baiul's, Navka & Kostomarov's was just good, and the other two were mediocre at best.

kwanatic
10-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Michelle's was the best. She captured that power and fire perfectly and the footwork section was wonderful. I still get really pissed when I think about how the judges shafted her at 2004 worlds with that program...those scores were ridiculous, time violation or not.

I'd put Baiul a close 2nd. Her exhibition program, especially the first couple of times she performed it was awesome! I loved the costume and the beginning part when she was down on the ice and the ending...she was a fabulous exhibition skater.

pumba
10-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Yesterday I rewatched The Last Temptation of Christ -where this soundtrack originally comes from. Just amazing movie with amazing Willem Dafoe.
Back to the topic - G/P are the best.
I also like N/K - though its somehow a copy of G/P it was a solid program, and they both looked beautiful.

Mafke
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM
bronze - Trenary, just cause I like her and she's not getting any love in the poll

silver - G/P, probably their best ever FD, esp the Eruopeans performance (maybe their best ever performance of their best ever program)

gold - The Kwanster, among other things her performance at 2002 SA showed she wasn't nearly as washed up as many had thought/feared/hoped. Also it marked her ful evolution into mature power skater phase (following her exquisite artiste and jumping bean phases).

Cherub721
10-18-2011, 12:31 AM
:lol:thanks! Just to check out, did Linichuk & Karponosov choreographed any other masterpiece? Maybe they put the idea of the program, but I don't ever recall a good program of theirs.
I think I'll trust :GnP1: even knowing the dramaqueen she was!

Yeah, TFB doesn't seem like Linichuk's style at all. :lol: Denkova & Staviyski had Adagio and the 7 Deadly Sins with Linichuk, which I consider masterpieces, but I don't know if she choreographed them or hired someone.

I have to agree with those that say N&K's TFB was very good, but not quite a classic. I found it very kama sutra-esque with a lot of bendy lifts and good chemistry between the two, but didn't care for the posing.

Coco
10-18-2011, 03:26 AM
Thanks, cherub and brian c. - this board is full of people who really know their stuff!!