PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway 9: Finale & Aftermath (aka: 'PR9: Thank God Gretchen Can't Win')

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Beefcake
10-14-2011, 11:32 PM
New thread. Carry on.

danceronice
10-15-2011, 12:28 AM
Truest PR thread title yet.

Sparks
10-15-2011, 01:05 AM
After looking at the collections, I'm convinced Oliver and Byrce hate women. Actually I'm underwhelmed by them all. Anya's is nice, but looks like Uli Junior' collection.

dbell1
10-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Fauxliver may hate boobs, but he sure does love eyebrows. :P

my little pony
10-15-2011, 01:58 AM

they were so thick they could be merkins

topaz
10-15-2011, 03:18 AM
My favorite collection was actually Kimberly's. I love her use of the colors and several pieces are edgy and wearable. I always love it when a designer has the cajones to use color and prints in their collection.

Bert's collection was sophisicated but the color palette was "meh". But its a safe bet for his market/demographic he's going after. For me, if wanted sophisication, classic designs with a modern edge, I'm shopping the collection of Ms W'ren Scott. She takes classic pieces and uses color/prints to make them fresh.

Another note, did anyone check out the other Spring RTW collections?

Paris, Alexander McQueen's collection by Sarah Burton was PHENOMENTAL. Burton did a fabulous job.

RockTheTassel
10-15-2011, 05:28 AM
I may be in the minority, but I really liked Laura and was sad to see her go. Her final collection was gorgeous, by far my favorite.

I like Anya's collection, but it's almost entirely made up of flowy, bold print dresses. Bert's was hit and miss. The rest were mediocre to bad, except for Anthony Ryan's which was :yikes:

Fergus
10-15-2011, 02:07 PM

Ugh, and that outfit, he looked like Debbie Gibson c. 1985 with that hat and rolled-up pants.

Cuffed and wingtipped, yes, but not to look like I'm walking through a flood. Dang you, Thom Browne!!!] :drama:

Nomad
10-15-2011, 06:48 PM

I think he wanted the models to look like him.

skatesindreams
10-16-2011, 12:28 AM
^^^
So that's why his clothes reject femininity.

Civic
10-16-2011, 05:15 AM
I expected Anya to be a train wreck when this season began but it turned out she has some impressive chops.

uyeahu
10-16-2011, 06:51 AM
I'm just not nearly as impressed with Anya's final collection as everyone else is. To call her Uli light is an insult to Uli who didn't just use bold prints but combined them in ways that was genius. And it's not all she did. She also made some really beautiful, well constructed pieces as well. Anya's collection isn't very interesting and isn't particularly original. It's just kinda "eh". Unfortunately, of the 4 designers remaining, it is definitely top 2. I think I prefer Victor's, but pretty sure the judges will declare her's groundbreaking and give her the win.

shan
10-16-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm resisting the urge to peek and spoil myself w/ the final 4's collections. But I'm so curious as to what kind of garments Anya was able to make w/ her limited sewing skills.

Reuven
10-16-2011, 06:07 PM
A lot of flowyage and drapeage, to make up a couple of words. ;)

dbell1
10-21-2011, 02:32 AM
Bumping - anyone else watching this? Finale Part 1.

Josh is OTT, Anya's not even sewing, Kim was a little fashionista, and Viktor's still dressed odd. :lol: