PDA

View Full Version : Gracie Going 4 Gold

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Maofan7
10-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Well, check out Gracie's Short Program from the JGP Tallinn Cup which earned her 60.18:-

JGP Tallinn Cup 2011 - Short Program (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04eVuX_mbI)

Superb Triple Flip Triple Toe Combination
Excellent Triple Lutz
All in all, a beautiful program

Wow - what potential! On the evidence of that SP - best of the American juniors.

Here is Gracie's free Skate from Skate Detroit 2011 which got her 109.62 (a slight improvement on that and she could be breaking 170.00 - phenomenal!):-

Skate Detroit 2011 - Free Skate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcv3F5lqaBM)

What an absolute shame Gracie did not get to skate in 2 JGP's. If she has the consistency to go with the quality, she could have done some damage in the final. However, whilst the health warning has to be that juniors can be inconsistent, even if Gracie were to have a howler tomorrow, I still think she has the potential to go a long way.

Jessica
10-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Thanks. I really enjoyed both programs. How old is she?

Maofan7
10-14-2011, 11:43 PM
16 years old - DOB: 17th August 1995

MikiAndoFan#1
10-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Gracie is a lovely skater!

johndockley92
10-14-2011, 11:52 PM
3 more years of eligibility :)

smarts1
10-15-2011, 01:30 AM
Is she skating in Junior or Senior nationals this year?

essence_of_soy
10-15-2011, 03:03 AM
Gracie wouldn't look out of place with Team Russia.

The U.S. ladies have really brought their A Game to the Junior Grand Prix series this season.

just wondering
10-15-2011, 03:06 AM
Is she skating in Junior or Senior nationals this year?

Junior.

chipso1
10-15-2011, 06:39 AM
I hate to get ahead of myself, but Gracie is an enormous talent and I'm really excited for how she's going to progress these next few years. :) She truly does have it all, and I hope there are big things coming her way!

Maofan7
10-15-2011, 07:54 AM
I hate to get ahead of myself, but Gracie is an enormous talent and I'm really excited for how she's going to progress these next few years. :) She truly does have it all, and I hope there are big things coming her way!

ITA

RumbleFish
10-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Nice set of jumps. But she barely flies in her flying sit spin.

Sylvia
10-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Gracie Gold's ISU bio link isn't working for me, so here are some quick facts about her. Gold won the 2010 U.S. Novice Ladies pewter (4th place) medal but did not qualify for Nationals as a junior last season and is staying junior in the U.S. this season. She turned 16 this past August. Her (Nutcracker variation) SP, "The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" by Deviations Project, was choreographed by Scott Brown, and Pasquale Camerlengo choreographed her FS to The Mission and The Untouchables film soundtracks. She is coached by Alex Ouriashev in the Chicago area (he is known as one of THE jump coaches there) and her former coach through the Intermediate level in Springfield, IL, was Susan Liss (current coach of junior Barbie Long).

Gold has a (fraternal) twin sister, Carly, who is competing in the Junior Ladies event at Upper Great Lakes Regional Championships this week (Carly can land triples though loop; due to her JGP assignment, Gracie received a bye through UGL to Sectionals). Gracie's next competition will be the Midwestern Sectional Championships in Fort Collins, Colorado in mid-November.

koatcue
10-15-2011, 03:19 PM
I still find Yasmin Siraj better and with more potential..

Jenna
10-15-2011, 03:20 PM
As much as I love Yasmin, I think Gracie has sooo much more potential at this point.

Her jumps are huge, and she has two really good 3-3 combinations. In addition, her speed and skating skills are great. Without the popped loop in the FS, her score could have been very close to Lipnitskaya's in Milan.

koatcue
10-15-2011, 04:38 PM
As much as I love Yasmin, I think Gracie has sooo much more potential at this point.

Her jumps are huge, and she has two really good 3-3 combinations. In addition, her speed and skating skills are great. Without the popped loop in the FS, her score could have been very close to Lipnitskaya's in Milan.

I doubt it..She is almost 17 by the way. It's a must-do nowadays to have some 3-3 and 2ax-3toe. I like her speed but I can't help but think that she skates through the music(( She isn't that elegant either..
There is still a lot of work to do for her.Right now I don't buy her programme. Talent?Yes. Time to improve basics? Not so much