PDA

View Full Version : Gracie Going 4 Gold

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

zippy
10-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Gracie Gold will destroy the Russians. YES!!!

Gracie Gold eats Russians for breakfast :lol:

Rainbow
10-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Gracie Gold eats Russians for breakfast :lol:
Oh goodie, the Wheaties Box should already be covered for her then. :rofl:

pinky166
10-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Oh goodie, the Wheaties Box should already be covered for her then. :rofl:

She has the right look for wheaties. It's unusual to see a 16 year old girl with muscle tone like her's, I must say I'm a bit jealous of her skinny buff arms.

DORISPULASKI
10-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Ok, so Men's and Dance is what they will show on Sunday afternoon?

Nope. Live on Saturday.

*The second group of both the men's free skate and the free dance on Saturday, Oct. 22, will not be shown live on icenetwork.com but rather broadcast live on NBC. Please check your local NBC affiliate for broadcast information.

The first groups will be shown on icenetwork, earlier on Saturday.

IN has the ladies and pairs on Sunday.

pinky166
10-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Puberty Monster, period. Gold seems to have gone through most growth spurt. Those Russian babies, I'm not sure at all.

Well this is true. Adelina is maybe out of the woods but even she is much smaller than Gracie (or at least appears to be), and Liza and Julia are still teeny tiny. Gracie grew a lot last season and her jumps seemed to get bigger because of it. Of course she could still grow and maybe end up really tall, but these days we're seeing more taller ladies reach the top echelons of the sport anyways, so who knows.

koatcue
10-16-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm afraid that Adelina hasn't competed yet due to the growth spurt=(
It'll be a pity

Jarrett
10-17-2011, 01:57 AM
Is this directed at Vanessa Lam, who I should point out, is the ONLY US lady in the JGPF as it stands right now? Cause if so I don't like the attitude. Vanessa has really small whippy jumps but surely she is working on that and the rest of her skating is fab. I'm personally not a huge fan of Gracie's skating but I recognize her big talent and commend her for that. When it comes down to most of these junior skaters, even the really good ones all have weaknesses, but if these weaknesses were such a problem and outweighed all the good aspects of their skating, they wouldn't be winning all these medals now would they? Just saying.

Sounds like someone is trying to overcompensate. lol I have no opinion of Vanessa and was not even thinking of her. :shuffle:

mysticchic
10-17-2011, 02:51 AM
Gold went though a 3 inch spurt last year durning Sectionals and regionals.. Her Mom is a little thing and her Dad is not a big guy. Her jump coach was also Megan Oster's jump coach.

shan
10-17-2011, 02:53 AM
Gold went though a 3 inch spurt last year durning Sectionals and regionals.. Her Mom is a little thing and her Dad is not a big guy. Her jump coach was also Megan Oster's jump coach.

Can we send some of our pair teams to said jump coach?

mysticchic
10-17-2011, 03:07 AM
I'm sure Alex would be happy to do that, if asked!

Miriam246
10-17-2011, 04:25 AM
Gracie seems really well-rounded! Very excited for her. :)

RumbleFish
10-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Hope there'll be no a la Japan-Korea fans rivalry)

There might be some Koreans claimig that Gracie is an heir to Kim since their last names share a same meaning. ;)

kwanatic
10-18-2011, 04:42 PM
http://thenakedice.blogspot.com/2011/10/jgp-tallin-cup-yu-na-kim-news-and-more.html

A bit about Gracie, her win and why it's tragic this was her first and only JGP event. Also a quick recap of the JGPF standings...as well as other news too. :)

oleada
10-19-2011, 02:51 AM
I'm afraid that Adelina hasn't competed yet due to the growth spurt=(
It'll be a pity

She reportedly skated a clean SP at a test skate with 3Lz+3Lo, 3F & 2A.

koatcue
10-19-2011, 10:13 AM
She reportedly skated a clean SP at a test skate with 3Lz+3Lo, 3F & 2A.

oh,really?=))could you put a link or smth?it'll be great!)