PDA

View Full Version : Gracie Going 4 Gold

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

DORISPULASKI
10-16-2011, 04:08 AM
But the air position she has is kind of loose to me? I think that's why she got some negative GOE's on her jumps despite their size.

Are you talking about Gold? If so, :confused:

SP
3F3T GOE +0.7
3Lz GOE +0.9
2A GOE +.64

LP In the LP, she didn't get a single negative mark from a judge, even on the popped Loop

3Lz3T GOE +1.1
2A3T GOE +1.1
1Lp (popped) GOE 0 (judges were mesmerized by previous 2 jumping passes)
3F GOE +1.1
3Lz GOE +1.4
2A2T GOE +0.29
3S GOE +0.50

So while not in YuNa country, these are very respectable GOE's, particularly for an international debut.

mgobluegirl
10-16-2011, 05:22 AM
I was gonna say she sort of reminds me of a butch American version of Shelepen.

I just watched Gold again (:swoon:) and I fail to see how she's "butch" at all. She jumps high and skates fast... is that butch?

pinky166
10-16-2011, 06:02 AM
I just watched Gold again (:swoon:) and I fail to see how she's "butch" at all. She jumps high and skates fast... is that butch?

She's butch cause she's buff and has that tomboy jockette power skater vibe to her, kind of like Phanuef.

Marco
10-16-2011, 06:15 AM
Really, not since Tonya Harding have we had a jumper like Gracie in the US.

(correct edges, fully rotated, great height & distance).

Zawadzki is closest.

Vagabond
10-16-2011, 06:33 AM
She's already sixteen, and her PCS will never rise out of the sixes! She's doomed! :wuzrobbed

Lest we forget:

Irina Slutskaya at 16 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=M8gixmrGsLc#t=88s)
Irina Slutskaya at 26 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zek69FhRfBc#t=68s)

There's no reason Gold can't improve too.

burntBREAD
10-16-2011, 06:36 AM
Zawadzki is closest.

Zawadzki's jumps (in particular that lutz :swoon:) are very good but doesn't she have a slight lip?

dinakt
10-16-2011, 07:09 AM
First of all, congratulations Gracie Gold- GREAT JGP debut!
I don't see Gold as less musical than Adelina/ Lisa/Julia trio.
She is less refined, having neither Julia's extreme flexibility nor Adelina's balletic grace. But they all skate through music, to my yes, to an equal degree ( I will incur the general wrath and say that Gold might listen to what she is skating to more than Lipnitskaya). Lisa seems more in tune with music, but then the question of choreo comes up, and does her no favors. The thing that stands out, in a negative way, with Gracie is that she rushes all her movements, giving them a beginning and an end, but not filling out the middle of the movement. That creates a bit of "jerky" impression that the three top Russian Ladies do not have. But I think it has little to do with musicality per se.
For musical skaters, looks toward Ovcharova and Siraj. But if we are talking about the currect jumping phenoms, Gracie has some catching up to do in terms of presentation, but it is not at all out of reach.

shine
10-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Are you talking about Gold? If so, :confused:

SP
3F3T GOE +0.7
3Lz GOE +0.9
2A GOE +.64

LP In the LP, she didn't get a single negative mark from a judge, even on the popped Loop

3Lz3T GOE +1.1
2A3T GOE +1.1
1Lp (popped) GOE 0 (judges were mesmerized by previous 2 jumping passes)
3F GOE +1.1
3Lz GOE +1.4
2A2T GOE +0.29
3S GOE +0.50

So while not in YuNa country, these are very respectable GOE's, particularly for an international debut.
Sorry, I was referring to her 3f/3t in the SP in particular, where she received a -2 and a -1 from two judges, whereas the majority gave her +2. Her jumps have a slightly pecularliar look to them and she seems to jump far instead of up. I can't quite put my finger on it and will have to see more of her to tell.

DORISPULASKI
10-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Ok-the 2 judges seem to have adjusted to her look in the LP. :lol: But +2 to -2 is a huge difference between judges for a skill.

and as to Agnes
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wjc2010/wjc10_JuniorLadies_FS_Scores.pdf

Yes she lips. And she doesn't have 3 secure combos with a triple on the end.

smarts1
10-16-2011, 01:13 PM
But the air position she has is kind of loose to me? I think that's why she got some negative GOE's on her jumps despite their size.

No it's mostly because of the landing positions. The one thing that irks me about her jumps is that she doesn't really hold her landing positions out and they tend to be a little bit scratchy.

BittyBug
10-16-2011, 03:10 PM
I love Yasmin as an artist, but her jumps are iffy and she's never been close to getting a 3/3 or 2a/3t and skips the 3loop entirely ......:huh: She landed a 2A/3T in her free at regionals (http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2012/68239/results.html)(to a +.88 GOE no less :P ) As for lacking a triple loop, that didn't seem to stop the Kween. :lol: (NOT comparing Siraj to Kwan, just making a point that there are plenty of skaters who don't try the full arsenal of triples and do well - salchow-less Alissa, loop-less Kim, etc.)

olympic
10-16-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm cross-posting this by Maofan from the 'Gracie Wins' thread:

Highest Points Scorers In The Heats

1. Julia Lipnitskaya - RUS - 183.05 (JGP Milan)

2. Gracie Gold - USA - 172.69

3. Julia Lipnitskaya - RUS - 172.51 (Baltic Cup)

Comparisons With The 2010/11 Season (Top Scores For Each Skater Only)

1. Julia Lipnitskaya - 183.05 - RUS

2. Adelina Sotnikova - 178.97 - RUS

3. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - 172.78 - RUS

4. Gracie Gold - USA - 172.69

In her first outing w/ a popped loop, Gracie is only .09 behind Liza and 6.28 clear of Adelina. I'd say she's more than competitive with them, and let's not forget Leah Keizer ...

Vagabond
10-16-2011, 03:38 PM
:huh: She landed a 2A/3T in her free at regionals (http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2012/68239/results.html)(to a +.88 GOE no less :P )

BittyBug, I do believe that you are mistaken.

According to the protocols, Yasmin Siraj planned to do a 2A+3T combo in that program but actually did a 3T+2A+SEQ, for which she received +1.23 GOE. There is a difference.

She got +0.88 GOE for several different elements, including one jump combination, but that one was a 3Z+2T.

BittyBug
10-16-2011, 03:43 PM
BittyBug, I do believe that you are mistaken.

According to the protocols, Yasmin Siraj planned to do a 2A+3T combo in that program but actually did a 3T+2A+SEQ, for which she received +1.23 GOE. Oops - my bad - I looked at the planned elements, not what was executed, and then just saw the +GOE so I assumed it was fine (not realizing that she switched). And yes, the GOE for that element was 1.23. (Time to get new glasses, LOL.)

koatcue
10-16-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm cross-posting this by Maofan from the 'Gracie Wins' thread:

In her first outing w/ a popped loop, Gracie is only .09 behind Liza and 6.28 clear of Adelina. I'd say she's more than competitive with them, and let's not forget Leah Keizer ...

We can't compare those seasons =/
If all these girls were competing in 1 gp with the same judges I don't think that their scores will be like this. Adelina should be higher than that=///
Julia's jumps are not so good at all if I compare her to Sot..It's just the judges seem to love her.