PDA

View Full Version : Gracie Going 4 Gold

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

smarts1
10-16-2011, 12:14 AM
^ This is really the starts of a breakthrough season for her. She didn't even qualify for junior nationals last year.

Sylvia
10-16-2011, 12:15 AM
Why is this girl skating at juniors this year??
Because she still needs SO much work on her PCS. ;)

She didn't even qualify for junior nationals last year.
In case some people don't happen to know, both Midwestern and Pacific Coast Sectionals had very deep and competitive Junior ladies fields last season. Gracie Gold was 6th at Mids (Lexis Verhulst was 5th and also missed qualifying for 2011 Nationals), while Angela Wang and Leah Keiser finished 5th and 6th, respectively, at Coasts. (It's been pointed out before here that any or all 4 of them might have qualified had they competed at Easterns, but none of them skated their best at Sectionals.)

Jarrett
10-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Because she still needs SO much work on her PCS. ;)

I assume you are being sarcastic because she would be top 3 with those jumps since most of our skaters can't get off the ground and rotate. :slinkaway

pinky166
10-16-2011, 01:11 AM
I assume you are being sarcastic because she would be top 3 with those jumps since most of our skaters can't get off the ground and rotate. :slinkaway

Is this directed at Vanessa Lam, who I should point out, is the ONLY US lady in the JGPF as it stands right now? Cause if so I don't like the attitude. Vanessa has really small whippy jumps but surely she is working on that and the rest of her skating is fab. I'm personally not a huge fan of Gracie's skating but I recognize her big talent and commend her for that. When it comes down to most of these junior skaters, even the really good ones all have weaknesses, but if these weaknesses were such a problem and outweighed all the good aspects of their skating, they wouldn't be winning all these medals now would they? Just saying.

mgobluegirl
10-16-2011, 01:14 AM
I think it's funny that people are saying Gold can't touch Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and Litnipskaia in artistry, when last week we were all complaining that Litnipskaia skates through the music and tosses around her flexibility but doesn't really present it. ;)

I think they've all got something nice to offer, and no one is a lock for any podium. Ice is slippery.

mapleleaf
10-16-2011, 01:26 AM
Is this directed at Vanessa Lam, who I should point out, is the ONLY US lady in the JGPF as it stands right now? Cause if so I don't like the attitude. Vanessa has really small whippy jumps but surely she is working on that and the rest of her skating is fab. .

It's very unlikely Vanessa can make her small whippy jumps bigger. The rest of her skating is not special either.

Jammers
10-16-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm not used to seeing an american girl with such big jumps. That say a lot about the US ladies for the last few years doesn't it?

DORISPULASKI
10-16-2011, 01:48 AM
Really, not since Tonya Harding have we had a jumper like Gracie in the US.

(correct edges, fully rotated, great height & distance).

shine
10-16-2011, 02:15 AM
But the air position she has is kind of loose to me? I think that's why she got some negative GOE's on her jumps despite their size.

johndockley92
10-16-2011, 02:40 AM
Junior Ladies are so inconsistent, but I am so looking forward to Junior Worlds and the match up of Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya, Tuktamysheva, Li Zijun, Shoji, and some combination of Keiser, Gold, Siraj, Lam, Cesario etc for the US. What a ridiculous competition that is going to be. :eek:

HB Keiser, Gold, & Gao at JR worlds :D sounds awesomeee to me. I can't figure out why Gao wasn't on the JGP circuit this year come to think of it...

Sylvia
10-16-2011, 02:45 AM
I can't figure out why Gao wasn't on the JGP circuit this year come to think of it...
Why would Gao want to return to the JGP for a 3rd season?

johndockley92
10-16-2011, 02:53 AM
Why would Gao want to return to the JGP for a 3rd season?

to WIN.

Why can't she do both the JGP and GP circuit? Other countries do it.

michiruwater
10-16-2011, 02:57 AM
Why the hell would she want to make her senior GP debut having already tired herself out on the JGP if she didn't have to? That's silly.

Sylvia
10-16-2011, 03:00 AM
Why can't she do both the JGP and GP circuit? Other countries do it.
Only pairs are allowed to do both.

johndockley92
10-16-2011, 03:02 AM
^^^ Didn't know that. Strange that they make an exception for only one division of the sport.