PDA

View Full Version : Gracie Going 4 Gold

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

oleada
10-15-2011, 08:12 PM
It doesn't even seem like most of the criticism is coming from Russian posters, at all.

millipied
10-15-2011, 08:14 PM
The difference to me is that Gracie is a little older and probably has already had her growth spurt. I love the trio, too, but I'm not sure how they'll handle puberty.

I am not looking that far ahead. Let's deal with this year's Worlds first, shall we.

chipso1
10-15-2011, 08:16 PM
After rewatching her FS, I'd like to see Gracie work with either LeAnn Miller or Tom Dickson on choreography next year. The good thing is she'll be receiving team envelope funding for 2012-13, so it's more likely she can afford to work with someone. :)

Sylvia
10-15-2011, 08:17 PM
I am not looking that far ahead. Let's deal with this year's Worlds first, shall we.
It's too bad some fans always want to look "far ahead" and predict future outcomes instead of enjoying young skaters' accomplishments in the here and now. (Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and Gold won't be at Senior Worlds this season, so let's hope a Junior Worlds showdown materalizes instead. ;))

koatcue
10-15-2011, 08:18 PM
So where're Yasmin's? :P

I love Yasmin as an artist, but her jumps are iffy and she's never been close to getting a 3/3 or 2a/3t and skips the 3loop entirely so she's never going to get a tech score anywhere near Gracie, who is basically Yuna Kim with a 3loop in terms of jumps.

She works on her jumps. Yeah, the height of them is not so good, but there is so much potencial in this girl)) I want to watch her on the ice. That's the most important for me now.I believe in her progress with age.

Triple Butz
10-15-2011, 08:20 PM
She works on her jumps. Yeah, the height of them is not so good, but there is so much potencial in this girl)) I want to watch her on the ice. That's the most important for me now.I believe in her progress with age.

I would love for her to succeed, but she has accomplished very little (relative to other US girls) even as a junior, so I won't hold my breath thinking she's going to hit the big time as a senior any time soon.

oleada
10-15-2011, 08:21 PM
It's too bad some fans always want to look "far ahead" and predict future outcomes instead of enjoying young skaters' accomplishments in the here and now. (Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and Gold won't be at Senior Worlds this season, so let's hope a Junior Worlds showdown materalizes instead. ;))

I would love to see that. I think I am more excited about the ladies at Junior Worlds than at Worlds this year.

koatcue
10-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Absolutely true :-)

Mayra
10-15-2011, 08:25 PM

Junior Ladies are so inconsistent, but I am so looking forward to Junior Worlds and the match up of Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya, Tuktamysheva, Li Zijun, Shoji, and some combination of Keiser, Gold, Siraj, Lam, Cesario etc for the US. What a ridiculous competition that is going to be. :eek:

MoreIce
10-15-2011, 08:50 PM
I love this skater! It is so nice to see a US girl with such attack and those jumps!! Can't wait to see more of her!

pinky166
10-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Are you kidding me? That kid is definitely going places. I mean who has jump technique like that anymore coming out of juniors in the US? And triple-triples that solid? Gracie could very well contend for a spot in Sochi. There is almost no way her jumps will fall apart, unless she proves to be a headcase, which will be depressing to say that least.

Of course, she does have some things to work on, like her in between moves, some of her spins, her polish, but she has such a strong jump foundation and jump talent that she will be a strong contender in the years to come.

Well, she already seems quite tall, and if she grew so much in the last year, she could keep growing and end up being like 5'8" and become a headcase with her jumps. Yes she is talented but there are SO MANY other girls she is going to be competing against to try and make the team for Sochi, or even Worlds, 4CCs, and Junior Worlds. Agnes and Christina have big jumps are 3-3s too and are farther along artistically than Gracie. Alissa has the best artistry and spins in the business and Mirai has what it takes to be World Champion when she holds it together. Gracie is surely talented but that doesn't mean she's definitely going places if you're implying she's a lock for the Sochi Olympic team or Worlds next season. There are just so many factors and so many talented skaters. I expect she will make the JW team and earn 2 GP assignments for next season, so in some sense that counts as "going somewhere", but on the World stage in coming years, it's way too soon to tell.

victoriaheidi
10-15-2011, 09:24 PM

I generally try to look at the here-and-now, but when people say that the Russian Dream Team owns the 2014 podium, I feel a need to point out that we call them the wonderBABIES for a reason. :D

I also see a YOG showdown with Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva and whomever else goes to that event.

smarts1
10-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Well, she already seems quite tall, and if she grew so much in the last year, she could keep growing and end up being like 5'8" and become a headcase with her jumps. Yes she is talented but there are SO MANY other girls she is going to be competing against to try and make the team for Sochi, or even Worlds, 4CCs, and Junior Worlds. Agnes and Christina have big jumps are 3-3s too and are farther along artistically than Gracie. Alissa has the best artistry and spins in the business and Mirai has what it takes to be World Champion when she holds it together. Gracie is surely talented but that doesn't mean she's definitely going places if you're implying she's a lock for the Sochi Olympic team or Worlds next season. There are just so many factors and so many talented skaters. I expect she will make the JW team and earn 2 GP assignments for next season, so in some sense that counts as "going somewhere", but on the World stage in coming years, it's way too soon to tell.

At this point, no one is a lock for anything for the Senior Ladies. One thing for sure is that this girl will definitely be a strong contender at Nationals in the future to be on the podium.

Autumn_girl
10-16-2011, 12:09 AM
I'm impressed with Gracie's jumps. They are so solid, high and effortless. She really is the best US girl for Sochi so far. Her PCS are not that good though. I have an impression that she is always in a hurry. Her skating skills, posture, arms need an improvement, and she should pay more attention to the music. She is significally better than Shelepen in these aspects, but they have pretty much the same problems. When I watched the videos of ladies FS from Tallin, I watched Shoji's right after Gold's, Risa's jumps looked really bad compared to Gracie, but she was so much better in everything else, I think she should have had higher PCS.
As for Russian dream team for Junior Worlds, Adelina, Liza and Julia, I think Gracie can compete with them in TES, but she is not near their level when it comes to PCS.

Jarrett
10-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Why is this girl skating at juniors this year??