PDA

View Full Version : Gracie Going 4 Gold

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

koatcue
10-15-2011, 05:59 PM
:rofl:

What an incoherent mess of a post. Clearly, you didn't comprehend a word of what I actually said.

Like it or not, Gracie could very well crash the Russian ladies party at Junior Worlds. :P

Time will show. Still she isn't a match to any of Russian junior girls.Like at all

DORISPULASKI
10-15-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm just so pleased to see a US girl who doesn't get UR's and edge calls, and can rotate a 2A3t and a 3Lz3t in the same LP. And a 3F3T in the SP, and land all 3 for about +1 GOE!!!!

And who has Attack!!!

I'm so sick of pretty, little, bendy US girls with flutzes, tiny jumps, and UR's, and a hatful of excuses that their artistry excuses their lack of technique.

You go Gracie!

Jenna
10-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Time will show. Still she isn't a match to any of Russian junior girls.Like at all

That's interesting, since she scored above Shelepen, Agafonova, Shershak, and Stavitskaia.

oleada
10-15-2011, 06:07 PM
I think the Russian girls are slightly ahead, presentation wise, but Gracie could definitely be on the JW come March. We will likely end up seeing the junior ladies with much tougher content than the Seniors.

koatcue
10-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Sorry) I'm not about them. I meant Julia,Liza,Adelina. I look up to their rivalry on ice:-) I do think that Gracie is strong, but as I'm a fan of Adelina, I'd say that Gold isn't her level yet..

Jenna
10-15-2011, 06:10 PM
I think the Russian girls are slightly ahead, presentation wise, but Gracie could definitely be on the JW come March. We will likely end up seeing the junior ladies with much tougher content than the Seniors.

I know. :lol:

Maybe the titles should be reversed. With Sotnikova, Tuktamisheva, Lipnitskaia, Gold, Keiser, (maybe?), Long (maybe?), Shoji, Li, etc. it should be a great field.

koatcue
10-15-2011, 06:11 PM
That's interesting, since she scored above Shelepen, Agafonova, Shershak, and Stavitskaia.

Sorry) I'm not about them. I meant Julia,Liza,Adelina. I look up to their rivalry on ice:-) I do think that Gracie is strong, but as I'm a fan of Adelina, I'd say that Gold isn't her level yet..

Jenna
10-15-2011, 06:13 PM

Well, no, she's not on Adelina or Liza's level yet...but she has like, zero experience. This was her first international ever. She has a lot of promise and she will certainly improve by March.

koatcue
10-15-2011, 06:14 PM
It's a pity that she has only 1 gp=(

Jenna
10-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Don't even get me started on that one. :mad:

Vash01
10-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Link to her LP at Estonia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enfbO9TTbU8

It is really easy to forget that this was her 1st(?) international assignment and JGP debut.

Just watched this. Thanks for the link. I like the way she stretches her body, and she seems to have the jumps and spins (though I always hate the I-spin). She can compete with the Russian babies. May be the USA has hope in 2014, afterall.

When does she become eligible for senior competitions?

Sylvia
10-15-2011, 06:26 PM
When does she become eligible for senior competitions?
In the US, when she takes her Senior FS test (next season). Gold turned 16 this past August, so she is age-eligible for ISU Senior competitions already.

pinky166
10-15-2011, 06:31 PM

I was gonna say she sort of reminds me of a butch American version of Shelepen. They both have big jumps, hard combos, and long limbs but I think even Shelepen has more artistry than Gracie at this point. Plus Gracie's buffed body type isn't going to due her any favors if she tries to become more lyrical and elegant, she's a power skater and will probably always be one. That said, she is an extremely talented jumper and that alone will take her far. She started skating when she was 8 and I think that explains a lot, her in-between skating just seems a little lacking to me. But obviously the judges love her! And I do think she can definitely win the junior title at nationals this season. That being said there are soo many talented ladies in the US right now that it's hard to tell if Gracie will go anywhere or not.

Jenna
10-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Shelepen has more artistry than Gracie? :eek:

I can't see that at all, sorry.

pinky166
10-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Shelepen has more artistry than Gracie? :eek:

I can't see that at all, sorry.

Shelepen at least seems to be trying to be artistic, even if it doesn't come off well, where I feel like Gracie just races around the rink and plows through her jumps. It's cool to watch but I just feel like when your jumps are THAT good and solid, you might as well put some effort into the skating in between them. But hopefully that will come with time.