PDA

View Full Version : Gracie Going 4 Gold

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

julianaqtpi
10-21-2011, 06:01 AM
I thought they were referring to Adelina?

No, if you look back, if was Mirai they're referring to.

I've been watching Gracie and the Russian babies for a few months. I think theyre all fairly well matched right now because ice is slippery. But Gracie has an advantage, being older. She's had her height spurt and filled out. The Russian babies haven't except Adelina (potentially) and that's such a disadvantage for them. Growth spurts change so much. My friend grew four inches and filled out so much that she lost her 3toe, 3sal, and 2axel in that month or whatever. So in 2 years if the babies filled out, then I'll consided them a threat for Sochi. Before rhen, all I have to say is 'wow'. Russians are known for skaters for a reason.

burntBREAD
10-21-2011, 06:02 AM
I thought RumbleFish was referring to Sotnikova? They clarified it later in the next post.

RumbleFish
10-21-2011, 02:59 PM
I thought RumbleFish was referring to Sotnikova? They clarified it later in the next post.

Yes, I was referring to Sot.
She is great and I expect her to be an instant contender for the Grand Prix title.

Vagabond
10-21-2011, 03:22 PM
There was a funny girl, she had a funny name
She got it from her pappy just the same, same, same.
Adelina Madalina, Dmietryeva, Schmietryeva
Sota, nika, kova was her name.

;)

Eris
10-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Pics of Gracie from JGP :) http://www.pixieworld.net/en/galleries/person/gracie_gold/byevent/jgp_tallinn_cup_2011

Jammers
10-21-2011, 10:07 PM
I get this feeling that Gracie might be one to watch for Sochi. Just a hunch but considering she can actually land her jumps it puts her up among the older girls. She just needs to keep improving.

pinky166
10-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Pics of Gracie from JGP :) http://www.pixieworld.net/en/galleries/person/gracie_gold/byevent/jgp_tallinn_cup_2011

Aww Risa looks soo young, cute baby face, Gracie too actually. :)

Vash01
10-22-2011, 08:03 AM
I get this feeling that Gracie might be one to watch for Sochi. Just a hunch but considering she can actually land her jumps it puts her up among the older girls. She just needs to keep improving.

Imagine the headline- "Gold wins Gold in Sochi". I think she will be competitive there.

jatale
10-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Gracie shows a lot of promise I think. Her speed and jumps are impressive, she also has some nice spins. On the technical side, at least, she is off to a very good start. I'm a fan.

(On a sad note, because my Yuna withdrawal is still painful, I don't see the preternatural maturity, grace, musicality, and sophistication that was already evident in Yuna at age 16. Of course, how often does a Yuna come along?)