PDA

View Full Version : Evan Not Competing in GP

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Visaliakid
10-15-2011, 05:00 AM
Certainly sounds like it, someone should remind Evan that the USFSA is not Stars on Ice.

Someone should remind the powers-to-be at USFS that it is highly unethical to use our Olympic Champion's accomplishments and image to hawk tickets to Skate America BEFORE reaching any financial agreement to lock in his appearance. Very bad Public Relations once again.... aka Kwan, Cohen. Same bullshit dumped on the fans.

Mayra
10-15-2011, 05:29 AM
Didn't USFS throw money at da Kween back in the day?

As Evan has found out, he is NOT the Kween. :P

manleywoman
10-15-2011, 05:41 AM
I'd be surprised if he was a millionaire.

I wouldn't. Prize money, Ralph Lauren, DWTS . . .

julieann
10-15-2011, 05:46 AM
I'm disappointed in him, I predict he will never compete again. Good luck with the shows.

DimaToe
10-15-2011, 05:48 AM
I remember it being commented that he had purchased an Aston Martin, if that's true, then he must have some sort of money because that's not a car that you buy with chump change...

victoriaheidi
10-15-2011, 05:52 AM
I'm not shocked. I'm about as surprised about this as I am about the fact that a third of my high school class wound up at our local community college.

Evan is probably a lot wealthier than the average figure skater because he has actually been able to find some "celebrity" success.

PeterG
10-15-2011, 05:53 AM
I agree with so many of you. Life will not go on for me, either.

:drama:

Leeedward
10-15-2011, 05:54 AM
As Evan has found out, he is NOT the Kween. :P

Neither was "da Kween" an Olympic Gold Medalist!?!

kwanfan1818
10-15-2011, 05:57 AM
I'd be really surprised if Evan is a multi-millionaire. I'd be surprised if he was a millionaire.

He might not be anymore -- do you remember the video of his apartment? I think he's got half of the Design within Reach catalog in there, and that's not even including the kitchen or bathroom.

falling_dance
10-15-2011, 05:58 AM
I agree with so many of you. Life will not go on for me, either.

:drama:

(((PeterG))) Wishing you strength during the men's competition at Skate America.

Leeedward
10-15-2011, 06:13 AM
I remember it being commented that he had purchased an Aston Martin, if that's true, then he must have some sort of money because that's not a car that you buy with chump change...

Wasn't there a TV feature done on his fabulous California home (condo?) which was professionally decorated? (That wouldn't come cheap.) With his total dedication and work--AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS--I sincerely hope he's a multimillionaire!

I have mixed feelings re his return to Olympic Competition--unless he has a couple of dependable quads in his tech repertoire!

DickButtonFan
10-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Please don't remind us of his apartment, we'll have nightmares :scream:
:lol:

Tinami Amori
10-15-2011, 06:36 AM
One of the wealthiest skaters in the world is pulling out of the GP because the usfsa isn't giving him enough money? He has sponsors, gets money from headlining a tour, and was paid to be in a reality tv show. He has to be a multi-millionaire now. Does he NEED money from the usfsa at this point in his life? Absolutely not. What an ungrateful you know what!

You need to do some serious reading on moral and income relativism….. :D

Who are you to decide how much money he has a right to earn by legitimate methods, and how much money is enough for him?

There are people who think that you sit in your comfortable (probably) North American residence, with clean running water, electricity, safe neighborhood, playing on your at least $600 USD computer and having time on your hands to chat on forums….. while some children live in 1 room clay huts, sleep on the floor with 10 other family members, have no water, no toilets, eat mush, and work sunrise to dusk in a bean field…. Well, they think that next time you should not buy a computer to chat on forums and send the 600 USD to them so they can buy a year’s worth of food… :D

North American youth with your kind of attitude should be beaten with a belt! and beaten HARD!:mad:

julieann
10-15-2011, 06:56 AM
You need to do some serious reading on moral and income relativism….. :D

Who are you to decide how much money he has a right to earn by legitimate methods, and how much money is enough for him?

There are people who think that you sit in your comfortable (probably) North American residence, with clean running water, electricity, safe neighborhood, playing on your at least $600 USD computer and having time on your hands to chat on forums….. while some children live in 1 room clay huts, sleep on the floor with 10 other family members, have no water, no toilets, eat mush, and work sunrise to dusk in a bean field…. Well, they think that next time you should not buy a computer to chat on forums and send the 600 USD to them so they can buy a year’s worth of food… :D

North American youth with your kind of attitude should be beaten with a belt! and beaten HARD!:mad:

Did you chisel this message on a tablet and send it in?

Ziggy
10-15-2011, 07:11 AM
I have always felt Evan gets badly and childishly treated in this board but honestly Im more happy about Doug getting Skate American than him not competing.

If anybody is being childish, it's Evan expecting money to be thrown at him just to appear. Very nice for the people who have already bought the tickets.

Did you chisel this message on a tablet and send it in?

Of course she didn't. Given Tinami's posts, being filthy rich for the sake of it is the only value she espouses. :P