PDA

View Full Version : Evan Not Competing in GP

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

casken
10-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Not even the same kind of comparison. No way USFS can afford to pay what the DWTS producers can.

Oh I didn't mean it was reasonable, just believable that the (clueless) agent would ask for that amount since that's what Evan got for DWTS.

I would have love to have seen the faces of the USFSA's officials when they saw/heard that.

Cheylana
10-27-2011, 06:39 PM
If the $200K demand is true, then Evan's agent sounds incompetent. Did Evan hire Tara Modlin's twin or something?

Willowway
10-27-2011, 07:29 PM
If the $200K demand is true

No evidence of any 200k "demand" - while I understand that FSU runs on speculation, let's not go down the rabbit hole on this one. BTW, Evan says he changed his management company which can be different than one's agent (whether competent or not). Sometimes the agent and the manager are one and the same; often they are not as they really do have very different functions and most agencies are not set up to manage money as a traditional manager (in the entertainment business) might do. I don't know that we know the situation here for Evan or at least no one has been specific about it yet.

That said, I agree with those who think there's no way DWTS and the USFSA are in the same ballpark money-wise - that's a pretty safe assumption.

PeterG
10-27-2011, 08:20 PM
The only thing we do know so far is that Lysacek hasn't signed a contract with USFS regardless of the terms, and, as a result, is not competing in GP under its auspices.

:sekret: say that Lysacek is in talks with Kazakhstan.

This may not be true, however. But do not let that stop you from passing on this information. Or speculating about anything in any way, whatsoever.

:)

Skittl1321
10-27-2011, 08:25 PM

Yeah, like the USFS would ever release him. Rumor squashed. (Try a new one!)

If the 200k is indeed related to DWTS payment (and I don't think it is) the agent is stupid. Why would they pay the amount for one (two? TEB) appearance that DWTS did for an entire season?

I'm kind of shocked to learn skaters got appearance fees. I thought they were in it for the prize money.

kwanfan1818
10-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Perhaps this is the reason why he is so keen on getting appearance fees? :P
I know a few people who lost their pants doing something of similar sorts.
Could someone elaborate more about his real estate ventures?
If he's going to compete, he likely will miss a good part of the Stars on Ice tour -- the schedule apart from 30 December in Lake Placid isn't up yet -- and I assume appearance fees are meant to compensate for that later in the season.

While Frank Carroll is coaching Denis Ten :eek: :drama: (;))

Cheylana
10-27-2011, 08:32 PM
No evidence of any 200k "demand"
No kidding; that's why I said "if."

Athena
10-27-2011, 08:42 PM

:lol:That's brilliant! :rofl: Go Evan!:kickass:

Talking about facts: he still follows his IMG agents on twitter and "like" IMG on FB, is there any announcement about the agent change or it's just another FSU gossip? :P

Athena
10-27-2011, 08:49 PM
No evidence of any 200k "demand" - while I understand that FSU runs on speculation, let's not go down the rabbit hole on this one.

Ditto!! Jokes aside, sometimes I do feel that some of the FSU rumors and snarks have cross the line. :shuffle:

MrSatterwhite
10-27-2011, 09:33 PM

This may not be true, however. But do not let that stop you from passing on this information. Or speculating about anything in any way, whatsoever.

:rofl: I love you :rofl:

LilJen
10-27-2011, 09:46 PM

Not AZE? I'm shocked.

minignome
10-27-2011, 09:51 PM
:lol:That's brilliant! :rofl: Go Evan!:kickass:

Talking about facts: he still follows his IMG agents on twitter and "like" IMG on FB, is there any announcement about the agent change or it's just another FSU gossip? :P

On his website he lists 4 CAA contacts for bookings.

nubka
10-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Yeah, like the USFS would ever release him. Rumor squashed. (Try a new one!)

If the 200k is indeed related to DWTS payment (and I don't think it is) the agent is stupid. Why would they pay the amount for one (two? TEB) appearance that DWTS did for an entire season?

I'm kind of shocked to learn skaters got appearance fees. I thought they were in it for the prize money.

Me, too. That's why this whole thing has suprised me so much. :confused:

Ziggy
10-28-2011, 12:21 AM
I doubt that there's many other skaters who have such crowd-pulling power that they'd get appearance fees.

Kim probably. Maybe Asada. But that's it.

ros01
10-28-2011, 01:04 AM
I've read that the stars on DWTS only make $20,000 a week (more for the first two) and then bonuses past a certain week. I think the total, if you win, is something like $300,000. But that of course is also hearsay.