PDA

View Full Version : Evan Not Competing in GP

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27

nlyoung
10-26-2011, 02:15 PM
If he's skating as well as he says, he could have won this thing and pocketed more money than he earned sitting at home whining. I'm on the side that believes that if he's coming back as an athlete, he needs to live like an athlete including the "sacrifices" that entails...:violin:

senorita
10-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Well I heard that Evan demanded that a goat be sacrificed to the god of hair gel on centre ice prior to the men's SPs

And I started reading the post seriously until demanded.. :rofl: you owe me a coffee

antmanb
10-26-2011, 02:57 PM
And I started reading the post seriously until demanded.. :rofl: you owe me a coffee

I'll do better than that and buy you a beer IN SHEFFIELD!!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

senorita
10-26-2011, 03:15 PM
^ Oh thats sweet. :) Looking forward to it! :cheer2: But instead of beer I prefer a goat with hair gel on.

antmanb
10-26-2011, 03:46 PM
^ Oh thats sweet. :) Looking forward to it! :cheer2: But instead of beer I prefer a goat with hair gel on.

I'll see what i can do....:shuffle:

ros01
10-26-2011, 04:45 PM
I genuinely don't understand how he's making so much money -- the $160000 Audi Hersh mentioned he bought -- but he must be making tons of appearances I don't hear about, or maybe the fees really are quite high. In that case, maybe the agent thought he should get even more in his own field. Not defending it, just saying that maybe that's where the logic came from.

DWTS doesn't pay much, but does offer huge exposure, which is why people love to do it. I would think that burnishing his skating cred at Skate America would also be worth it. Not to mention the whole shape of my life love to compete thing.

Vagabond
10-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Why would Lysacek be asking the USFSA for appearance money to skate at TEB? :confused:

nubka
10-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Why would Lysacek be asking the USFSA for appearance money to skate at TEB? :confused:

Because he is special. :drama:

Athena
10-26-2011, 07:22 PM

Who told you this? :confused::confused:

This thread is full of speculation, rumors, hearsay, without truth and facts! I can't believe such kind of crappy gossip thread already has over 300 posts and 26,000 views. :eek:

overedge
10-26-2011, 07:25 PM
This thread is full of speculation, rumors, hearsay, without truth and facts! I can't believe such kind of crappy gossip thread already has over 300 posts and 26,000 views. :eek:

Then stop looking at it.

It is a fact that Evan was supposed to compete at Skate America and did not.

Vagabond
10-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Athena:

Please take a deep breath and calm down.

All we know is that Lysacek has bowed out of both Skate America and TEB, citing unspecified disagreements with the USFSA over contract terms.

People in this thread are claiming that what Lysacek wanted was an appearance fee, so I asked why he'd ask the USFSA for an appearance fee for TEB. Anyone claiming that he demanded an appearance fee should have a good answer to that question. I'm still waiting.

Yazmeen
10-26-2011, 07:37 PM
It's also a fact, thought, that NO-ONE knows for sure what is actually behind that contract that didn't get worked out between him and USFS. All we've heard regarding money or otherwise is conjecture, rumor, and a lot of snarking that Evan is a money-grubbing, ungrateful jerk or that USFS used him to their advantage while denying him money. I'm not saying Evan is right or USFS is right, but I'd prefer to know facts before fingers are pointed.

Athena
10-26-2011, 07:41 PM
It is a fact that Evan was supposed to compete at Skate America and did not.

Correct, that's the ONLY fact I saw so far, but >90% of the posts are just gossiping. I came here hoping to find out more 'facts', but got nothing other than hearsay and rumors.

Athena
10-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Athena:

Please take a deep breath and calm down.

All we know is that Lysacek has bowed out of both Skate America and TEB, citing unspecified disagreements with the USFSA over contract terms.

People in this thread are claiming that what Lysacek wanted was an appearance fee, so I asked why he'd ask the USFSA for an appearance fee for TEB. Anyone claiming that he demanded an appearance fee should have a good answer to that question. I'm still waiting.

Thanks dear, I'm totally fine, and what you said is exactly my point.

All I'm trying to say is that if you DON'T KNOW IF he asked USFSA for appearance fee to skate at TEB, why ask "Why would Lysacek be asking the USFSA for appearance money to skate at TEB?" ;)

Athena
10-26-2011, 07:49 PM
It's also a fact, thought, that NO-ONE knows for sure what is actually behind that contract that didn't get worked out between him and USFS. All we've heard regarding money or otherwise is conjecture, rumor, and a lot of snarking that Evan is a money-grubbing, ungrateful jerk or that USFS used him to their advantage while denying him money. I'm not saying Evan is right or USFS is right, but I'd prefer to know facts before fingers are pointed.

:respec: Exactly!