PDA

View Full Version : Evan Not Competing in GP

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Skittl1321
10-22-2011, 10:43 PM
There's nothing immoral about moving to a state with no income tax. Lots of people do it.

Many US military when they get stationed in Texas change their state residency to Texas, and then when they move to another state, keep their Texas residency. This is because Texas has no income tax, and as a member of the military, you pay taxes in your state of residence, not state of your duty station.

When my husband was in the Air Force we had to live in Ohio, but were originally from Texas, and we maintained our residency. We paid no Ohio income tax (legally) on his salary. Because I was not in the Air Force, I did have to pay tax on my salary to Ohio. Our drivers licenses and car registrations remained in Texas.

It's a way to get around the system a bit (since many come to Texas from home states with income taxes) but it is perfectly legal.

I see no problem with Lysacek choosing to move to Nevada, though I doubt he did it only for tax reasons. Probably more becaues real estate is crazy cheap there, and he could likely get something really nice.

museksk8r
10-22-2011, 11:24 PM
:drama: Poor Lysacek is always the victim. :2faced: First, he wuz robbed by the US Nationals judges at the 2010 Nationals because he didn't get the PCS marks he deserved; next, he was victimized because the :EVILLE: Plushenko was such a poor sport and tried to steal his moment during the Olympic medal ceremony; then, :EVILLE: talentless Weir tried to threaten his character by implying that he is gay; and now, the :EVILLE: cheap USFSA isn't paying him what he is worth. His fans are always there to carry on the pity party for him too. Poor Evan! :rofl::P:blah::shuffle:

nubka
10-22-2011, 11:31 PM
:drama: Poor Lysacek is always the victim. :2faced: First, he wuz robbed by the US Nationals judges at the 2010 Nationals because he didn't get the PCS marks he deserved; next, he was victimized because the :EVILLE: Plushenko was such a poor sport and tried to steal his moment during the Olympic medal ceremony; and now, the :EVILLE: cheap USFSA isn't paying him what he is worth. His fans are always there to carry on the pity party for him too. Poor Evan! :rofl::P:blah::shuffle:

Lol!! :lol: :lol:

caseyedwards
10-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Andrea Joyce was funny after carroll talked of lysaceks free skate with a quad triple and two 3a's. Joyce"We would have liked to have seen that" Carroll" me too"

skatemommy
10-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Normally I don't care for Scott & Sandra but I did like their comments today about "bringing it" and for the right reasons.

Rex
10-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Andrea Joyce was funny after carroll talked of lysaceks free skate with a quad triple and two 3a's. Joyce"We would have liked to have seen that" Carroll" me too"

Normally I don't care for Scott & Sandra but I did like their comments today about "bringing it" and for the right reasons.

I think Frank wanted him to skate! I do, I do.

caseyedwards
10-23-2011, 12:55 AM
The verbatim is more interesting than the bad paraphrasing-

Joyce "sorry we didn't get to see that " the LP
Carroll "sorry you're not going to see it"

skatemommy
10-23-2011, 01:29 AM
After that splatfest today, I hope Evan is kicking himself in the :kickass:

aftershocks
10-23-2011, 03:22 AM
Oh boy. I'm kinda "tiredout" after reading this thread, but glad all the "misinformed" fans cleared up the poster, tiredout, on some of his/her factual errors. And Evan, indeed, must be :kickass: himself if he saw SA. However, does he really want to come back after seeing the crazy judging. :eek: Think long and hard, Evan. Sure, you could have won at SA, especially bringing it with what FC said you are doing in practices. But, wouldn't it be better to come back reincarnated or inspired by Robin Cousins and show something new and different? Otherwise, why come back to the dismal state of affairs that is ISU judging and quad jumping, falling, loved-by-judges Chan, not to mention Brezina, who indeed might even have beaten your solid best Evan, based on what the judges decided at SA, notwithstanding your OGM status.

Or, maybe, they just couldn't bring themselves to reward the PCS-challenged veteran, KVP. I say KVP fans, unite! KVP for Euro Gold!!! The Brez has his life ahead of him, why not reward the veteran who has tried so hard and never given up -- he had 2 solid programs at SA, after all, not to mention solid quads. Is the quad important, or isn't it. And, BTW, who are those guys the Brez is hanging with in the kiss 'n cry? Maybe new coaches will cement his "next new thing" status. I love the Brez's programs, but he needs to step it up in all areas. He did not skate better than Ricky (except for the 3axels that RD flubbed in the free).

Maybe start up a pro event, Evan. It could be kicked off with a Seabiscuit/ War Admiral like head-to-head match up with Johnny Weir as Carmen, and you as the new Robin Cousins. Okay, I know, contracts have to be signed, sealed, and delivered first. (Truthfully, I'm still not sure what the current conflict is all about. Maybe U.S. fed used to you being the enthusiastic war horse/ good soldier, and you used to being supported 110% = Surprise, Surprise on both sides). I guess when a friend like Scott takes you to task on national tv, it means .... oh well, whatever.

There are sure lots of varying emotions here about this. My two cents: Why should Scott and U.S. fed expect their favored athlete to be all about 'I'm ready to skate for the joy of it,' when ISU and all the feds are all about their bottom line? All of fs, especially the U.S. fed, missed the boat years ago during the Harding/ Kerrigan affair. It should have been more about taking that wide public interest opportunity to educate new viewers about what makes the sport great (and thus gain new fans), instead of whoring for dollars and destroying the professional tour in the process.

Actually, some Evan non-fans would probably only be satisfied if he broke up every other medal he won without doing a quad and divided it among the quad skaters AND exchanged his 2008 Nationals Gold with Johnny Weir for the silver...

Seriously, BittyBug, I concur with what you are saying, but some of the "usual suspects" here are just glad to have a thread where they can dump on Evan and howl yet again.

:huh: :confused: Come on, Yazmeen, what good would that do now? Everyone knows deep in their heart of hearts that Evan at the time of 2008 Nats, instead of smiling sheepishly, should have said, "This gold medal really belongs to Johnny for skating a kickin' Love is War. But oh well, I'll take it, since I know it means I don't have to worry much anymore about that !!!!####?????&&&&&!!!! beating me ever again." ;)

Don't hear any usual suspects howlin' so much as I hear some disappointed Evan fans whinin' and/or defendin' their man. Seriously, Evan has his own exclusive fan thread here and is deeply respected as reigning OGM and smart taxpayer. When Scott starts dumpin' on you tho', who cares about the usual suspects.

REO
10-23-2011, 03:41 AM
I missed the men and only saw the dancing today. I'm suprised Scott made disparaging remarks about his star skater who brings in the "big crowds" to SOI! (Maybe there's contract negotiation going on there as well.) But whatever one's opinion of Hamilton, I think he skates for the joy and emotion of skating and I never saw that in Evan. I always thought he was purely results driven and never seemed like he really loved it. That's why I always preferred Weir no matter how many times he screwed up. JMO of course.

aftershocks
10-23-2011, 04:42 AM
Yeah, REO, Evan after 2005 World bronze did not seem to "enjoy" himself as much. He was more serious, driven, self-focused and less sportsmanlike, which FC seemingly cultivated (aside from the less sportsmanlike aspect), and it ended up working for TeamEvan in the long run. I do think the earlier, puppy-dog eager Evan clearly did skate for the joy!

judiz
10-23-2011, 04:49 AM
I remember at the end of Evan's 2005 Nats short program, he jumped for joy on the ice after landing his jumps, last time he really looked carefree, IMO

PeterG
10-23-2011, 05:34 AM
Oh boy. I'm kinda "tiredout" after reading this thread, but glad all the "misinformed" fans cleared up the poster, tiredout, on some of his/her factual errors. And Evan, indeed, must be :kickass: himself if he saw SA. However, does he really want to come back after seeing the crazy judging. :eek: Think long and hard, Evan. Sure, you could have won at SA, especially bringing it with what FC said you are doing in practices. But, wouldn't it be better to come back reincarnated or inspired by Robin Cousins and show something new and different? Otherwise, why come back to the dismal state of affairs that is ISU judging and quad jumping, falling, loved-by-judges Chan, not to mention Brezina, who indeed might even have beaten your solid best Evan, based on what the judges decided at SA, notwithstanding your OGM status.

Or, maybe, they just couldn't bring themselves to reward the PCS-challenged veteran, KVP. I say KVP fans, unite! KVP for Euro Gold!!! The Brez has his life ahead of him, why not reward the veteran who has tried so hard and never given up -- he had 2 solid programs at SA, after all, not to mention solid quads. Is the quad important, or isn't it. And, BTW, who are those guys the Brez is hanging with in the kiss 'n cry? Maybe new coaches will cement his "next new thing" status. I love the Brez's programs, but he needs to step it up in all areas. He did not skate better than Ricky (except for the 3axels that RD flubbed in the free).

Maybe start up a pro event, Evan. It could be kicked off with a Seabiscuit/ War Admiral like head-to-head match up with Johnny Weir as Carmen, and you as the new Robin Cousins. Okay, I know, contracts have to be signed, sealed, and delivered first. (Truthfully, I'm still not sure what the current conflict is all about. Maybe U.S. fed used to you being the enthusiastic war horse/ good soldier, and you used to being supported 110% = Surprise, Surprise on both sides). I guess when a friend like Scott takes you to task on national tv, it means .... oh well, whatever.

There are sure lots of varying emotions here about this. My two cents: Why should Scott and U.S. fed expect their favored athlete to be all about 'I'm ready to skate for the joy of it,' when ISU and all the feds are all about their bottom line? All of fs, especially the U.S. fed, missed the boat years ago during the Harding/ Kerrigan affair. It should have been more about taking that wide public interest opportunity to educate new viewers about what makes the sport great (and thus gain new fans), instead of whoring for dollars and destroying the professional tour in the process.

:huh: :confused: Come on, Yazmeen, what good would that do now? Everyone knows deep in their heart of hearts that Evan at the time of 2008 Nats, instead of smiling sheepishly, should have said, "This gold medal really belongs to Johnny for skating a kickin' Love is War. But oh well, I'll take it, since I know it means I don't have to worry much anymore about that !!!!####?????&&&&&!!!! beating me ever again." ;)

Don't hear any usual suspects howlin' so much as I hear some disappointed Evan fans whinin' and/or defendin' their man. Seriously, Evan has his own exclusive fan thread here and is deeply respected as reigning OGM and smart taxpayer. When Scott starts dumpin' on you tho', who cares about the usual suspects.

is this the edited version? :slinkaway

aftershocks
10-23-2011, 05:52 AM
No, but maybe it was a somewhat easier read than the offering by tiredout. :D I do admit that editing my posts is not one of my strong points, but well, I do have strong opinions. And furthermore ... hmmm, I'll take a hint and keep at least this post, brief. Thanks for your astute and witty observations, Peter G.

judiz
10-23-2011, 07:46 AM
What exactly did Scott say about Evan not skating at SA?