PDA

View Full Version : Evan Not Competing in GP

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

YukiNieve
10-18-2011, 01:32 PM
It has been rumored that he was going to keep his El Tango de Roxanne as a SP with a music change and some changes in the program. Can you imagine how great that would be? He has not announced to his fans what his FS music is.

According to this German article (and I do not know about the reliability of this source either), Evan's programs are not the ones you heard...

http://www.zeit.de/news/2011-10/15/wintersport-olympiasieger-lysacek-droht-nach-absage-geldstrafe-15130013

Machine translation:

Evan Lysacek was apparently well prepared. His coach Frank Carroll said SID: "He is good in form and has a short program to Stravinsky's"Firebird"and a free program with a quadruple toe loop to the"Sansaon and Delilah"music." Since Lysacek can call any medical reason for its rejection, he must now according to pay a fine to the ISU World Association of the new regulations.

Cherub721
10-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Does he really have to pay a fine? That would be :rofl:

azskatefan
10-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Going back to another post, Evan left IMG for CAA? Interesting.

senorita
10-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by tiredout
Skating is Evan's job and he deserves to be compensated for it. He is also the first OGM to return to competition.

Hardly. For the time being, he is the last OGM not to return to competition:P

overedge
10-18-2011, 10:56 PM
For being figure skating fans you people are grossly misinformed on a lot of counts.

You people don't know Evan Lysacek very well at all.

I wish you would get your facts straight when you talk about a person.

Give him some credit.

No wonder your name is "tiredout". It must be very hard work to say the same thing over and over and over again.

Octoberopals
10-18-2011, 11:05 PM
YAWN!!!!:yawn:

senorita
10-18-2011, 11:14 PM
I read a magazine//It said at 17 your life is at an end//I'm dead and I'm perfectly content. --Jarvis Cocker

!!! yey!
I love the songs that we sing, and I ❤Jarvis.:swoon:

Jaana
10-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Yagudin, in case you've forgotten, was forced to retire due to a career-ending injury. I believe Urmanov also missed out on another Olympics due to injury.

Never mind what the reason was, LOL, the fact is that neither Yagudin or Urmanov returned to the Olympics. And I mentioned those skaters as an answer to a poster who refered to them.

Well, whether Lysacek comes back or not, that remains to be seen. Sochi Olympics are not over, yet. Zemgirl, being a fan of a skater does not in all cases mean, that one loses the sense of reality or the ablity to see faults in one´s favourite skaters, LOL.

loulou
10-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Most of Las Vegas is on sale because of foreclosures and the house was not in very good shape when he bought it. His father did the renovations. Living in Nevada gives Evan a really good tax break because they do not have a state income tax. Evan is a smart guy and I think USFS is finding that out. They are not dealing with a young kid who is still wet behind the ears, but a grown man who knows what he is about. Give him some credit.

Let me get things straight: Lysacek changed his address so he could get a better tax deal, and you are praising him.

The US gave Lysacek pretty good chances.
In times of troubles, like current ones, he's legally cutting his financial support to the country, leaving it to rely on the shoulders of those who cannot afford to buy a more tax friendly residence.
In my book, that's many things, but grown up isn't one of them.
And I definitely wouldn't go brag about it.

kwanfan1818
10-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Never mind what the reason was, LOL, the fact is that neither Yagudin or Urmanov returned to the Olympics.
That wasn't the OP's point: he or she said that he was the first OGM to return to competition, not specifically to the Olympics.

I wouldn't count Petrenko or Boitano in the spirit of OP's statement, since they both turned pro with no intention of returning to competition, until the Olympics schedule was changed, and they got a special exemption to return. Yagudin and Urmanov clearly intended to compete longer until injuries stopped them.

purple skates
10-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Let me get things straight: Lysacek changed his address so he could get a better tax deal, and you are praising him.

The US gave Lysacek pretty good chances.
In times of troubles, like current ones, he's legally cutting his financial support to the country, leaving it to rely on the shoulders of those who cannot afford to buy a more tax friendly residence.
In my book, that's many things, but grown up isn't one of them.
And I definitely wouldn't go brag about it.

Um, okay. So nobody should ever move to make things financially better for themselves? Or is it just Evan that should be forced to stay put and pay higher taxes.

In my book, if he did in fact move somewhere to make things better for himself financially, that is being both grown up and smart. People do it all the time.

PDilemma
10-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Um, okay. So nobody should ever move to make things financially better for themselves? Or is it just Evan that should be forced to stay put and pay higher taxes.

In my book, if he did in fact move somewhere to make things better for himself financially, that is being both grown up and smart. People do it all the time.

That, and you do pay federal taxes in Nevada. Just not state income taxes. He's not abandoning his obligation to support the entire nation. Just the state of California. But, you know, he is by all means the first person in the history of this country to look for a tax break. Perhaps he should be burnt at the stake. I'm sure most of FSU would show up to light the matches. :rolleyes:

As for the rest of this thread, we have no idea what the dispute was between Evan and USFSA. None. It involved a contract. That's all we know. The rest is speculation and it is just as likely that USFSA was dealing in bad faith as it is that Evan was.

Zemgirl
10-19-2011, 06:19 PM
That wasn't the OP's point: he or she said that he was the first OGM to return to competition, not specifically to the Olympics.
Indeed. And, as senorita correctly pointed out:

For the time being, he is the last OGM not to return to competition:P
There has been talk of a comeback and training reports, but no actual comeback yet. This reminds me of the annual "Plushenko's coming back" reports in the previous Olympic cycle. Plushenko eventually made good on his promise to return, but it certainly took a while. Evan might do the same, but until he skates in competition, I don't think he should be given credit for something he hasn't done - and certainly not held up as a unique precedent when he isn't.

Never mind what the reason was, LOL, the fact is that neither Yagudin or Urmanov returned to the Olympics. And I mentioned those skaters as an answer to a poster who refered to them.
I'm confused as to why you included a LOL in this statement; what's LOLsy in it?

FWIW, I don't think there's anything wrong with moving somewhere with better tax rates. It's a perfectly legal way to decrease one's tax burden. I'm sure he pays whatever taxes he's required to.

Yazmeen
10-19-2011, 06:26 PM
That, and you do pay federal taxes in Nevada. Just not state income taxes. He's not abandoning his obligation to support the entire nation. Just the state of California. But, you know, he is by all means the first person in the history of this country to look for a tax break. Perhaps he should be burnt at the stake. I'm sure most of FSU would show up to light the matches. :rolleyes:

As for the rest of this thread, we have no idea what the dispute was between Evan and USFSA. None. It involved a contract. That's all we know. The rest is speculation and it is just as likely that USFSA was dealing in bad faith as it is that Evan was.

Thank you for a (finally) truly MATURE statement on this whole matter. I'm absolutely amazed sometimes at the venom directed toward Evan on this board. I'm sure next we'll hear about him kicking dogs, stealing candy from children, and mowing down other skaters to get on practice ice. :rolleyes:

kwanfan1818
10-19-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm sure next we'll hear about him kicking dogs, stealing candy from children, and mowing down other skaters to get on practice ice. :rolleyes:
Well, if he'd only have saved all of his shekels instead of buying a sports car, decorating his new house, and paying Frank Carroll to coach him, he could buy his own candy and practice ice :drama: