PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics News #7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Loves_Shizuka
10-16-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm sad worlds is over :(

L_S: I thought Lu was sloppy.

Each to their own! :) I'm just wondering what it was about her FX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvQhfScy5ow) you found "sloppy and un-medal worthy"?

Karpenko
10-16-2011, 01:17 PM
It was a very satisfying Worlds, one of my favorites in a long time. :cheer:

Hedwig
10-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Each to their own! :) I'm just wondering what it was about her FX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvQhfScy5ow) you found "sloppy and un-medal worthy"?
Hmmm, thanks for posting again. I think that was my favorite performance of this Championships! Especially love her quadruple spin - so easy!

Buzz
10-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Congratulations to the medalist and I am looking forward to the olympics next year. Hopefully everyone will be back to good health especially Mustfina and ASac.

Hedwig
10-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Oh, I didn't know that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A55S5T3TNE

Eleganze price for Ana Porgras and Uchimura! :)

Domshabfan
10-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Romania was a huge disappointed, before the championships I thought Bellu and Bitang where going to show us an improved Romanian team. However I think team has regressed further in the last one year. I thought they needed work on vt and bars, but now they need work on all 4 events and a massive overhaul of their approach to bars. If they don't improve they will be beaten even by Japan and Britain. I hope when Larissa Iordache turns senior they will improve a bit.

Russia: Did better than I expected them to do, i only expected Komova to do well, but Nabs and Ksenia where my favourites from the team. I think they both made a good case for a position in the team for next year. it will come down to how and what Komova, Musty, Sidrova and Grishina are doing, and may be more importantly how healthy these girls are. Personally Demy's stock has fallen a bit, however Afana and Nabs stock went up, Komova remains the same.

USA: Very solid performance, my favourite in the team my Maroney, i liked the improvement in Weiber's Floor from last year. Raisman leaves me cold, love Douglas's bars, Vega- don't care. Addition of Nastia on bars will help the team and Ross as AA (hate her floors and bars).

China: Disappointed initially by their performance, but they changed it around on the final day. I like Sui Lui and yao Jinnan, both seems like a lock for next year. They will need to work on vt and bars(E score) a lot.

I hated some parts of judging, especially the AA. It seems all the complaining by russians helped them eventually at the individual events. I hope 2012 Olympics won't be a mini 2004, because that will be really embracing for the sport.

....and once again can i add, I really, really missed Mustafina :(

Loves_Shizuka
10-16-2011, 04:32 PM
My post-worlds mortem.

- Worlds was really enjoyable; I haven't got so involved in a champs in ages; I hope this translates to being a really good Olympics.

- I think we should celebrate both Vika and Jordyn. Both are wonderful talents, who are only good for the sport.

- Romania have definitely dropped their level, though I've thought they've been overscored for years. I've never really "got" them. Things are more interesting when they're genuinely challenging the top teams though. I hope they can rebound next year, and should do with Ponor back, Iordache eligibile and hopefully Iszbasa healthy. I also predict Porgras will have her mojo back by London. I think Chelaru, Hairu and Bulimar have alot to prove and fight for. P.S Ponor is HOT!

- I'm v proud of the GB girls; 5th is AMAZING!...BUT, Beth Tweddle's FX makes me cry. And not because it "moves" me.

- China's Olympic team could be rather different to the worlds team, as I think HKX, TSX, JYY and possibly HQS are done. However, SL and YJN may well have just become locks, already.

- I don't get Lauren Mitchell or McKayla Maroney.

- I personally thought Sui Lu and Yao Jinnan have been just as impressive as Vika and Jordyn. There's a lovely "purity" to their work.

- They aren't my faves, but the US team were amazing in TF; congrats to them! Aly Raisman has really grown on me. Oh, and I love Gabby.

- I think London could be amazing! Imagine next year, with the possibility of an AA including any of Wieber, Komova, Mustafina, Bross, Johnson, Grishina, Yinnan, Iordache, Raisman etc. WOW!

Fergus
10-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Ok, I simply MUST let out this typographical ejaculation:

LEYVA!!!! OMG, a Team USA Boy wins a Gold?!?!?!?! :cheer2:

Forgive my nancy-boy squeeling, but this never happens! :lol: I'm plotzing so hard!!! :swoon: :biggrinbo

oleada
10-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Delighted for Afanasyeva. So nice to see a headcase get her redemption :)

Loves_Shizuka
10-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Ok, I simply MUST let out this typographical ejaculation:

LEYVA!!!! OMG, a Team USA Boy wins a Gold?!?!?!?! :cheer2:

Forgive my nancy-boy squeeling, but this never happens! :lol: I'm plotzing so hard!!! :swoon: :biggrinbo

Lol. Oh Fergus. You funny fag. We'll make an allowance for you... this time.

Btw, I've been meaning to ask... are you American?

:P

Leyva WAS good. He has nice style; I just can't believe he's only 19. lol.

my little pony
10-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Uchimura needs to shave his armpit...:shuffle:

or at least trim some, or get sleeves

Fergus
10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Lol. Oh Fergus. You funny fag. We'll make an allowance for you... this time.

Thank you, Dim Twink! Now put down the meth pipe, Gym Worlds are over, you need to sleep............

Btw, I've been meaning to ask... are you American?

:P

As apple pie, Jim Beam, & Marlboro reds! :)

or at least trim some, or get sleeves

I've been saying it since 2009: It looks like he's smuggling Linda Lovelace AND Georgina Spelvin under there......

rudi
10-16-2011, 07:19 PM
I don't have the Universal Channel, but I caught the NBC coverage yesterday. I think London is going to be very exciting. I know that all three of the top women's teams here will be bringing their A games.

I hope to see Mai Murakami of Japan there, as well as Shawn Johnson.

I was :eek: at McKayla Maroney's vault. Wow!

On a totally superficial note, Ali Raisman's hair always looks so messy. I found it distracting. C'mon, Ali; you are representing your country at Worlds. Can someone step in and do this girl's hair for her?

HeatherC
10-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Wow, a lot happened after I went to bed earlier this morning, LOL :lol:

So happy for Jordyn's beam medal (happy for Sui too who has my fave beam routine of the season) and for Aly's FX medal (REALLY worried she was going to end up forth again :() but I am over the moon for Danell Leyva winning the GOLD on PB!!!! I cannot wait to watch the finals later tonight and I agree with whoever said this was a really fun Worlds. I too am very excited for London next summer! :cheer2: :cheer:

BTW-I think the Pan Am games gymnastics competition started with the Rhythmic competition (saw on Twitter that a US girl won the AA title) and the artistic part must start later this week. I saw Bridget Sloan talking about traveling in some of her recent tweets from last night and this morning and I can't imagine they're competing before at least Thursday if they're just now traveling to the competition.

vesperholly
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM

OK, sloppy isn't the right word. Maybe I am biased because of those awful, awful socks. :lol: