PDA

View Full Version : New interview with Robin Szolkowy

Pages : [1] 2

Nadin
10-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Robin Szolkowy: "Our new free programme? You'll either love it or you'll hate it!"

http://absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2011szolkowy

Cherub721
10-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Well, I love it. :cheer2: :cheer2:

oleada
10-14-2011, 12:17 AM
I don't see how anyone could possibly hate it, it's completely brilliant. :drama:

(I'm such an uber, I know)

julieann
10-14-2011, 12:19 AM
What a wonderful interview; he is so honest, I love it! :)

casken
10-14-2011, 12:38 AM
We'd also like something like Tomb Raider for example or something else in that direction, but it just wouldn't work to do two dramatic programs.

OMG, Aliona as Laura Croft? :D

HeatherC
10-14-2011, 03:11 AM
OMG, Aliona as Laura Croft? :D

Love it! She would :kickass: in that role! :cheer:

Can't wait to see their programs! :D

Jeschke
10-14-2011, 07:16 AM
but iīm thrilled to hear, that they are really planing to put some new throw elements into their programs; in former times i thought they just tried in training, to see if it would be possibe and played it safe in competetions. now, they see, they need to put pressure on the other teams and have to be competitive.
i canīt wait to see if itīs the throw triple axle or quadruple flip i canīt imagine a quadruple twist or salchow

Hedwig
10-14-2011, 10:30 AM
I dont think they will do that. Last year they practised the quad flip but then de ided to stop because the risk of injury was too big.

They already have a extremely difficult program. As Robin said they are prone to make mistakes. I'drather they skate clean and show us their amazing programs- really how could you hate the free? Love it- than big unnessecary tricks

la.louise
10-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the interview. Well I love the program too, and something different yet again:cheer:
Can't wait to see the full version and new costumes at Skate America.

kittyjake5
10-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the link. Great article. Robin does not mince words he is very honest and upfront about their skating and their goal to win Olympic Gold.
Looking forward to seeing both programs at SA.

skatesindreams
10-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks, Nadin, for a fine interview with lots of interesting information.

LilJen
10-14-2011, 03:49 PM
I like that they're working with dance choreographers, too. Them, Lambiel, Jeremy Abbott. Should produce some more interesting programs & styles of movement on the ice.

viv
10-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Pina Bausch - one of the greatest choreographers ever. If you have the opportunity to watch that film, go for it. Brilliant dance scenes.

It makes me so happy that S&S choose that music, can't wait to see the program.

Nadin
10-14-2011, 06:10 PM
I think it's a great choice for them, can't wait to see the full programme with costumes and everything in competition. I wasn't familiar with the music, but it's really growing on me.

Not so sure that they will be going for a quad. Having seen the short, I think a triple Axel may be more likely as their throw 2A really looked like they may have been practicing a triple, but I'd also prefer them to leave it out, focus on the other elements and just skate clean.

rfisher
10-14-2011, 06:18 PM
I think it's a great choice for them, can't wait to see the full programme with costumes and everything in competition. I wasn't familiar with the music, but it's really growing on me.

Not so sure that they will be going for a quad. Having seen the short, I think a triple Axel may be more likely as their throw 2A really looked like they may have been practicing a triple, but I'd also prefer them to leave it out, focus on the other elements and just skate clean.

They can probably try it at SKAM since the competition isn't that strong. Then they can see if they're willing to try it at the GPF or Worlds where V/T will be in a head to head comp. They wouldn't want to risk any mistakes there, but they might take a risk next week. I don't think it would hurt them if Aliona fell as long as she wasn't physically hurt. OTHO, both of their programs this season look really good as is. They may wait and see how they score compared to V/T before deciding if they need to up the ante.