PDA

View Full Version : New interview with Robin Szolkowy

Pages : 1 [2]

oleada
10-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Honestly, S/S have some of the hardest content in the world, and if they feel it's too much, then I understand not wanting to upgrade. They are inconsistent enough without doing so. I'd much rather seem them skate clean LPs.

aemeraldrainc
10-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Robin Szolkowy: "Our new free programme? You'll either love it or you'll hate it!"

http://absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2011szolkowy

Absoluteskating.com always has great interviews. Thank you!

nursebetty
10-15-2011, 12:14 AM
I love this couple, would be willing to pay the bucks to see them. Makes me want to go to you-tube and watch some skating.

skatingfanfun
10-15-2011, 02:37 AM
Robin sounds so honest and down-to-earth. I like him as a person.

Hedwig
10-15-2011, 07:50 AM
Robin sounds so honest and down-to-earth. I like him as a person.

He is a really great guy. And the one who keeps Ingo and Aljona sane, IMO. These two can be drama queens once in a while. ;)

I love how serious they take their choreo. Three months in a dance studio to learn contemporary dance is not easy feat. In a time and age where you have people like Joubert recycling his 6 year old Matrix program because he cannot be bothered to do a new choreography, this is even more commendable.

I am getting more and more excited about them with every year they compete.

la.louise
10-15-2011, 08:46 PM
I think it's a great choice for them, can't wait to see the full programme with costumes and everything in competition. I wasn't familiar with the music, but it's really growing on me.

Not so sure that they will be going for a quad. Having seen the short, I think a triple Axel may be more likely as their throw 2A really looked like they may have been practicing a triple, but I'd also prefer them to leave it out, focus on the other elements and just skate clean.

They can probably try it at SKAM since the competition isn't that strong. Then they can see if they're willing to try it at the GPF or Worlds where V/T will be in a head to head comp. They wouldn't want to risk any mistakes there, but they might take a risk next week. I don't think it would hurt them if Aliona fell as long as she wasn't physically hurt. OTHO, both of their programs this season look really good as is. They may wait and see how they score compared to V/T before deciding if they need to up the ante.

From this mdr interview and practice clip it looks like they are going for a throw triple axel in the short:
http://www.mdr.de/sport/sport-im-osten/video18964.html

Nadin
10-15-2011, 08:57 PM
From this mdr interview and practice clip it looks like they are going for a throw triple axel in the short:
http://http://www.mdr.de/sport/sport-im-osten/video18964.html

Thanks for the link. It's got one http:// too many in it by the way.

Interesting, so Ingo says that they're trying new elements which may result in not every competition having the desired outcome, ie 1st place.

Hedwig
10-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks for posting. Interesting interview. I will try to translate it in a minute.

I really hope they are not going for the 3axel. Especially not in the SP. :(
They have a gorgeous gorgeous 3 flip and the 3 axel is just too much unnecessary risk, IMO.

Hedwig
10-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Rough interview, sorry for any mistakes:

with the charge of being the heavy favorite, the season will start for S/S next week.

Robin: I think it is normal that once in a while you are fed up with everything. (They did not show what the question was). And then it is necessary that the one who is fed up talks about it or then stays in the corner for a while or stays at home for a day and then breaks up his whole apartment in frustration. (!!) And then on the next day everything is good again.

Next question to Aljona:
"How is the atmosphere in your group."
She laughs.
"Very tantalizing. As always."

then reporter talks a bit, new ideas blah blah, unbeaten since October 2010.

Steuer:For me as coach it is difficult to tell them each season what they have to do in order to reach the top again. Each time it starts anew. The other skaters don't hibernate. It is hard work.
we try new things, we practice new elements so not every competition will necessarily mean first place, we know that.

Robin: What we achieved till now was great but now we start anew and we know what that entails.

mazzy
10-16-2011, 01:07 AM
I really hope they are not going for the 3axel. Especially not in the SP. :(
They have a gorgeous gorgeous 3 flip and the 3 axel is just too much unnecessary risk, IMO.

While I tend to agree with you from an arithmetical POV, I really believe that having the throw 3A might prove important when it comes to their standing with the judges. In the last two seasons, the judges have been wiling to put P/T & S/Z ahead of them in the SP with almost identical SS marks (let's face it, the German Fed is down there with Monaco when it comes to political clout) -and they will be willing to give V/T a margin over S/S if both skate clean. Now if S/S manage to get that standout element in their programmes, it should also give them a PCS boost and the judges will need a very good reason to put anyone above them -provided they are clean, of course.

Octoberopals
10-16-2011, 04:30 AM
I think they are the most professional skaters than what we've seen in a long time.