PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, Week 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22

rfisher
10-13-2011, 06:06 PM
this is the most exposure she has had in years which is probably the real reason she was on it

I think that's the reason all of the stars agree to appear. It's a big time commiment (why there aren't A list stars). The money is pretty good if you win, but not really a lot if you leave early and not nearly enough to make it worth the time of a star who has a lot of current jobs.

danceronice
10-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Chynna complaining that the show is a popularity contest and not a dancing competition (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2011/10/chynna-phillips-dancing-with-the-stars-is-popularity-contest/1). I do agree with her point, but if this were a real dance competition, would the judges have been so generous with someone who forgot the dance half way through?

No, they'd have had to nail her to the wall, but then if it were a real dance competition they'd be expected to perform to their real proficency level, so pretty much everyone's routines would look more or less like Nancy's, as none of them are really able to handle Open choreography.

And if she missed the memo it's a popularity contest, where has she been the last 13 seasons?

kwanfan1818
10-13-2011, 06:10 PM
i agree with you both and if we were in season 1 she might have a point

but unless she never watched the show, she should be aware of all of this by now

This.

pixie cut
10-13-2011, 06:15 PM
If this were a real dance competition there wouldn't be smoke effects on the dance floor and blinding spot lights. So I guess we can call it even.

Cheylana
10-14-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm not at all surprised Chynna left so early. Her fellow eighties singer Belinda Carlisle was first out a few seasons ago, and I didn't think Chynna's fanbase would be any stronger.

pixie cut
10-14-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm not at all surprised Chynna left so early. Her fellow eighties singer Belinda Carlisle was first out a few seasons ago, and I didn't think Chynna's fanbase would be any stronger.

Except Belinda Carlisle was an awful dancer. Her first dance was pathetic. The second was a little better, but not much, and she came off as obnoxious about it. I could see people not having an interest in keeping her around.

Chynna was great the first show, decent the second show and really good the third show. Even in the disaster of a tango she hit some lovely poses. She clearly had potential, but I guess her fans just weren't there.

nursebetty
10-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Finally got to watch this week. My vote for the final group.........JR, Hope and Ricki. In that order. I wasn't in love with Derek/Ricki as others were. Loved Hope/Maks this week. Always love JR. Love Carson (not as much this week).

rfisher
10-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Mak's latest blog (http://www.tvguide.com/Celebrity-Blogs/Dancings-Maks-Chynnas-1038733.aspx) I agree with everything he said.

skatesindreams
10-16-2011, 02:58 PM
^^^
As do I!
I especially appreciate what he said about JR.

danceronice
10-16-2011, 04:06 PM
I have to admit, I'm not quite sure why everyone was so sad about Kristen leaving. She was only so-so, no worse or better than a lot of mid-packers, and she just seemed rather vapid personality-wise. And it hurt, I'm sure, that it was memorable-stories week and hers was kind of nothing. I kept forgetting her name.

shan
10-16-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm no great fan of Kristen Cavillari, but she was a decent dancer who could have made it farther than others who are bad dancers w/ a big fan base. I wasn't upset when she left b/c I'm no fan, but I can see why some would be :huh:

OTOH, Maks needs to remember that it is a fan driven show, so of course those w/ large fan bases are going to go farther than they should. It's the nature of the show.

my little pony
10-16-2011, 04:54 PM
ember that it is a fan driven show, so of course those w/ large fan bases are going to go farther than they should. It's the nature of the show.

i'm sure he doest complain when he has a partner who has fans

pixie cut
10-16-2011, 05:03 PM
i'm sure he doest complain when he has a partner who has fans

To be fair, I don't think he's ever had a partner who is a totally crappy dancer that has advanced deep into the competition because of a great fan base. When his partners have been weak -- Debi Mazar or Denise Richards -- he's made an early exit. He's had some good partners -- Willa Ford and Brandy -- who were out because their fan bases didn't stack up with other celebrities. The four times he's been in the finals it was totally deserved. So his complaints are not unreasonable.

shan
10-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Oh yeah I can completely understand his frustration. And he can't verbalize it as "most of the time I get partners who are weak" w/o sounding like a complete jerk.

my little pony
10-16-2011, 05:41 PM
i dont know why at this point anyone still thinks that this is only a dance competition