PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, Week 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22

BaileyCatts
10-12-2011, 07:01 PM
.... The point he was trying to make could be lost, if he becomes a "joke".

Too late. :scream:

Rob
10-12-2011, 08:39 PM
I spotted SYTYCDancer Kayla Radomski, Tucker Barkley (SYTYCD Canada choreographer), and SYTYCD green miler Paula Van Oppen in the Footloose number. I guess Kayla got some work on the film, and Allison Holker and Comfort Fedoke made the credits.

Matryeshka
10-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Watching some of the people who, to me, look like thirty-somethings, but are actually in their 40's, I wonder how much of this is the physical toll this is taking, and how much pain and discomfort they are in.

But then you need to contrast that with Kirstie Alley, who was overweight and 60. After seeing what she accomplished, I have little sympathy for the "stars" in their 40s. I'm pretty sure my mom could do at least as well as Carson, and she's 61 and pleasantly plump.

pixie cut
10-12-2011, 10:49 PM
But then you need to contrast that with Kirstie Alley, who was overweight and 60. After seeing what she accomplished, I have little sympathy for the "stars" in their 40s. I'm pretty sure my mom could do at least as well as Carson, and she's 61 and pleasantly plump.

It takes a physical toll on everyone, even people like Evan, who was in prime Olympic condition.

Kirstie Alley may have been overweight, but by the time she came on the show she was no longer obese. She'd also been adhering to a consistent work out routine for more than a year. Maks still joked that she almost passed out at their first rehearsal.

Chaz isn't fat, he's huge. Like nearly 300 pounds huge. I think the only part of a gym he sees is the juice bar.

rfisher
10-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Poor Chaz. He was doomed from the start. Mother is Cher who he couldn't compete with as a girl, father was a US Congressman and his brother (http://www.fanpix.net/picture-gallery/elijah-allman-picture-15456641.htm) Elijah is hot in ways Chaz will never be. He's also musically talented.

pixie cut
10-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Poor Chaz. He was doomed from the start. Mother is Cher who he couldn't compete with as a girl, father was a US Congressman and his brother (http://www.fanpix.net/picture-gallery/elijah-allman-picture-15456641.htm) Elijah is hot in ways Chaz will never be. He's also musically talented.

On Monday night Cher looked like a drag queen, so Chaz can't even keep up in the GLBT sweepstakes.

What I admire most about Elijah is that he maintains a very private, low profile life. Does he still play in Cher's band? He dispels Chaz's bogus assertion that everything he does is public. It's public because he makes it public.

rfisher
10-12-2011, 11:52 PM
On Monday night Cher looked like a drag queen, so Chaz can't even keep up in the GLBT sweepstakes.

What I admire most about Elijah is that he maintains a very private, low profile life. Does he still play in Cher's band? He dispels Chaz's bogus assertion that everything he does is public. It's public because he makes it public.

According to his wiki page, no, he's not playing in Cher's band. He's working solo and living in Germany.

BaileyCatts
10-13-2011, 01:36 AM
:shuffle: I didn't even know Cher had another child!

kwanfan1818
10-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Elijah Blue is her son with Gregg Allman.

heckles
10-13-2011, 01:53 AM
He dispels Chaz's bogus assertion that everything he does is public. It's public because he makes it public.

Chaz's medical transformation is pretty boring in comparison to JR's. Choosing to ingest male hormones and growing a beard as a result? Not interesting. Undergoing three years of skin grafts after a landmine attack in Iraq? Intriguing.

If some people are voting based on the the contestant's perceived courage, JR should get those votes.

Garden Kitty
10-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Chynna complaining that the show is a popularity contest and not a dancing competition (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2011/10/chynna-phillips-dancing-with-the-stars-is-popularity-contest/1). I do agree with her point, but if this were a real dance competition, would the judges have been so generous with someone who forgot the dance half way through?

rfisher
10-13-2011, 05:54 PM
DWTS ratings have really dropped this season. Apparently, most people are complaining about the lack of any celebrity to really care about or get behind. Or that can actually dance. Apart from Carson, who is at least funny, and JR who can dance, I don't care about any of the *stars.* I vote for the pros I like.

my little pony
10-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Chynna complaining that the show is a popularity contest and not a dancing competition (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2011/10/chynna-phillips-dancing-with-the-stars-is-popularity-contest/1). I do agree with her point, but if this were a real dance competition, would the judges have been so generous with someone who forgot the dance half way through?

i agree with you both and if we were in season 1 she might have a point

but unless she never watched the show, she should be aware of all of this by now

skatesindreams
10-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Doubtful.
I guess her fanbase wasn't as big as she thought!

my little pony
10-13-2011, 06:02 PM
this is the most exposure she has had in years which is probably the real reason she was on it